• To get away from an abusive family

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • To get away from a place with no job prospects

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • To avoid ending up in prison through bad life choices

• Because they had no education to speak of

• Because life had just shat them out and they had no other option available to them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because they were in a rut and couldn't find another way out

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • For shits and giggles

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters
The bit I hate most about today's army is those that claim they have a MM, MiD, OBE and to have been in the SAS.

What do you think about those that claim things like that, which are patently untrue?
The key to successful walting is to claim to be in the RAF and just talk about yourself, constantly. Steering the conversation back to how brilliant you are.

Nobody will ever doubt you.

Proff3RTR

Old-Salt
The bit I hate most about today's army is those that claim they have a MM, MiD, OBE and to have been in the SAS.

What do you think about those that claim things like that, which are patently untrue?
I know how I feel about them and it is not a good feeling. A walt is a Walt, full stop. No need for it so stop it, (& apart from that, this bloody balcony is getting a bit crowded ffs).

The key to successful walting is to claim to be in the RAF and just talk about yourself, constantly. Steering the conversation back to how brilliant you are.

Nobody will ever doubt you.
I, being a brilliant RAF Lance Wing Commander, of course already knew that.

The truth is that those who have done it, won it or been awarded it... Rarely speak of it! Whilst those who have achieved none of those... Rarely shut up about it and will boast incessantly of their "Walt" exploits!

Latest Threads