The weather info on the ARRSE toolbar

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Kalle_M, Feb 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have the ARRSE toolbar on my Firefox browser and it shows the temperature in my part of the country. However, when I click on it, it shows the weather and temperatures for three days, but also gives the intriguing information about the "felt" temperature. Sometimes it says "5 degrees (Centigrade) on the toolbar, but "Feels like 3 degrees" on the expanded forecast. I can't for the life of me explain how they can sense a two-degree difference because I know I can't. Anybody any idea how they arrive at the "felt temperature" figures? Is it just a guess or is there some computer program involved?

2. Fuck off Bugsy.

Actually, I have no problem with you at all & have enjoyed your posts. I just wanted to get in there first.

How goes it, anyway, me old china?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Actually its ferking freezing.... here just outside Colchester Garrison... hanging about outside waiting for rent boys..... har de ahr... 'Tis minus ---3C at the moment.... oops, I see the Town Patrol of Monkeys and MoD Plod heaving in sight.... time to duck out and go back home to the Old Peoples Home and a nice warm mug of Horlicks with Matron...!!
  4. Ooh! You are taking a bit of a risk posting that, zero-over. You'll have the vengeful, deranged duty fuckwit FriedAlfie on your case boring you to death with his clumsy insults, just like he bores everybody else to death.

Otherwise, I'm fine. Although I still haven't figured out how they get the "felt temperature" figures on the ARRSE toolbar. Any ideas?

5. I believe it used to be called "Wind Chill Factor" related to the wind speed & direction.
  6. 9iii

Bugsy - ARRSEpedia