The "we haven't left yet" EU election thread.

EU election straw poll

• UKIP

Votes: 119 62.6%
  • Labour

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Conservative

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Green

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Plaid Cymru

• DUP

• Spoil Ballot paper

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Can't be ARRSED to vote

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
It looks increasingly likely that we will now have to vote in the EU elections, so I thought an ARRSE straw poll is in order.

How UK is gearing up for European elections

Personally I think they are a total waste of time and money and I am torn between spoiling my ballot paper or voting UKIP to upset the European parliament (and our own main parties)

edited to add. In the last EU elections Sinn Fein and the UUP also got a seat each. However the poll will not allow me to enter any more choices so if you are voting for either of them you can say so, but I think you might be on the wrong website if you do!

ugly

LE
No option for the Brexit party unless its the spoil option?

No option for the Brexit party unless its the spoil option?
Like I said there is no more room for any more options in the poll. As of April 2019, the Brexit Party has 9 members, all of which are current members of the EU parliament and were all originally elected as UKIP candidates. I don't know if they will stand as independents or rejoin UKIP. There is also no room on the poll for any independents, who may or may not be worth voting for depending on who they are and what they stand for.
Either way I am hoping that the 3 main parties (Cons,Lab and SNP) all get a thouroughly good kicking!

ugly

LE
Like I said there is no more room for any more options in the poll. As of April 2019, the Brexit Party has 9 members, all of which are current members of the EU parliament and were all originally elected as UKIP candidates. I don't know if they will stand as independents or rejoin UKIP. There is also no room on the poll for any independents, who may or may not be worth voting for depending on who they are and what they stand for.
Either way I am hoping that the 3 main parties (Cons,Lab and SNP) all get a thouroughly good kicking!
Frankly you can remove the limp wristers from the options, no one in their right mind would choose labour lite!
I do however agree with the premise that we can the big 3!

UKIP. Just because f#*k the rest of the corrupt rats, however if the Brexit party is an option, then it'll be them. Farage loves giving them the cold steel.

Well if they haven’t been held .... your out on 1 June
March 29th, April 12th, June 1st......etc.....etc.

We all know the can is being kicked further and further down the road. Until this present shower of shite we call our MP's are either voted out or killed in a freak asteroid accident, we will remain in the EU. Hopefully the EU elections will be the first indication to them that their jobs are not safe.

...looks nervously skyward!

In the eyes of the world, the UK walks away beaten and with it's figurative tail between its legs like the curs everyone sees us as. In the last two Europe upheavals we led, now we are the sick dog of Europe because of a false promise made by those who have no idea at all how the 'Common man' feels. No doubt May will bugger off to Europe or the HoL as a reward for her traitorous behaviour. Come back Olly Cromwell. :cool:

I don't see why we couldn't get some friendly nation's MEPs to represent us until we finally leave. Like, oh I dunno, say the Irish. Or maybe the French...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Murphy, good post but no doubt one of our Remainer Mods will be along to close down this thread - as they havbe done with others! :rolleyes:

Murphy, good post but no doubt one of our Remainer Mods will be along to close down this thread - as they havbe done with others! :rolleyes:
I think I'm safe!

tenor.gif

I know that they are two different entities, BUT for this purpose, as their policies, intentions, are identical, it is suggested that you could simply hyphenate UKIP and/with, the BREXIT party ;) .

.... I am torn between spoiling my ballot paper or voting UKIP to upset the European parliament (and our own main parties)
As opposed to 2014 when UKIP won 24 seats, more than any other British party. I'm afraid the shock value of voting UKIP is a ship that has sailed.

We should all vote Labour / Tory split across the country.

Sending that shower over to Brussels will do more damage to the EU than UKIP/Brexit party ever could - at least they know what they stand for.

I chose UKIP - because you the OP never included the Brexit party - I'll be voting for the Brexit party if it's in the running. In fact I will keep voting this way, until we leave the EU - and will never ever vote for Cons/Labour/SNP ever again.

Latest Threads