The watchful vigilante thread

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Technocratic_Turbine, Apr 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps media outlets such as the Daily Mail should accept some of the blame for scare-mongering with such crass headlines such as "out of control youth" and so forth. However, surely not all of it is the product of fiction? There are plenty of incidents involving a gang of youths who beat up some pensioner or harass a man who merely attempts to protect his own property. Now, given all the doom and gloom we're fed, why not turn the tables? I'll make it brief.

I'd like to know:

1. Of any stories which you can post here in where an individual fended off an attacker.

2. Of any personal tales you would be willing to share in which you mete out your own brand of justice. Whetheryou were accosted by yobs, set upon by a chav/thug etc.

3. What you would do in a potential confrontation. Would you seek to escape and avoid it if possible or always stand your ground and fight, no matter what?

In regards to publicised stories to share. Here's one:

Mr. Frank Cortti

A knife-wielding burglar had a shock when he attacked a pensioner in his home - and discovered his victim was a retired boxer.

Senior citizen Frank Corti, 72, a former junior boxing champion is still a bit handy with his dukes.

And when he spotted the aforementioned intruder, Gregory McCalium, in his hallway he sprang into action and delivered two right hooks.

The blows were so powerful that McCalium, who had just lunged at Mr Corti with the knife, was left looking like he had been in 'a car accident'.

The pensioner then restrained him until police arrived. He was jailed for four and a half years yesterday after a judge told him he had 'got what he deserved'.

Utterly priceless and I can't agree more with his following sentiment:

"If you can't defend what's yours, where are we at?"

Here's another story:

Mr. Sid Hallett

An 86-year-old former marine used an umbrella to fend off a knife-wielding drug addict who was trying to steal his wife's bag, Bristol Crown Court heard.

2. Swingfire was much better

3. Liar!

4. "The name comes from the ability of the missile to make a rapid turn of up to ninety degrees after firing to bring it onto the line of the sighting mechanism. This means that the launcher vehicle can be concealed and the operator, using a portable sight, placed at a distance in a more advantageous firing position." :police:

5. And of course funnier than Jim Davidson.

Did you see him when you were 'down south'? I had the good fortune to miss him.

6. Yes but what vigilante uses swingfire nowadays?

7. Especially since Charles Bronson has been dead for years.

8. Coming from someone who resides in "Sarkozyland" I'll take that as a compliment :wink:

Here's another story:

Mr. Tony Edwards

"A 69-year-old former professional wrestler fought off two street robbers - using cans of soup as a weapon."

9. Is this thread about using unusual weapons to fight off robbers??? How about celery, id say thats good to thrash bounders with,easier to get than swingfire, and soup id say depends on its thickness.

10. Spit the dog stole the show

11. None, which is a shame. However your comment makes it seem as if it's archaic - I would like to know when it would've been used by vigilantes!

12. Bloody Batchelors.

13. Coming from someone who resides in "Sarkozyland" I'll take that as a compliment :wink:

Here's another story:

Mr. Tony Edwards

"A 69-year-old former professional wrestler fought off two street robbers - using cans of soup as a weapon."

None, which is a shame. However your comment makes it seem as if it's archaic - I would like to know when it would've been used by vigilantes!

Not quite. I want the thread to have links to stories where people have defended themselves against attackers; particularly of the chav sort. Furthermore I want it to be a discussion on what people would do in a confrontation. Lastly, if any one has an experience where they've fended off an attacker and left them worse for wear.

14. So, by bigging up anyone who has fought off an assailant, with or without use of amusing weaponry, you are implicitely encouraging/ inciting readers to do likewise?

Have you not considered that the assailant may have had a poor upbringing, has yet to achieve an adequate level of education, needs to provide for his/her/its drug habit/pregnant partner/impoverished family/ cousin in Somalia (delete as appropriate)?

Someone will be along with the tumbril shortly, to take you away for "re-education & political adjustment"

15. Nah, I belong to the "Tony Martin" school of home defence "SHOOT THE FUCKERS and leave em to die!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: