The Warrior Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chimpy., Apr 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm on a diet at the moment what I term as The Warrior Diet. I think it's the perfect diet for soldiers or fighters or just gerally men (or women) of action.

The diet is simple and it reflects the diets of warriors of old such as vikings, knights and spartans. Basically the warrior diet requires that you under eat during the day and over eat at night. If you think about it, that's what warriors used to do. They didn't have breakfast and dinner when they were on the battlefield killing did they? No they'd do all their fighting and killing in the day ... perhaps grabbing a little snack when they could ... and then feast all night. That's what all men of action should do. I have the odd piece of fruit in the day and then have lots of high protein food at night ... sometimes I'll have 3 cooked chickens at night.

I recommend bits of fruit in the day (no more than 3 or 4 pieces spread out) and a huge multi course meal at night that mainly consist of protein foods like pork, beef and chicken etc etc. A lot of warriors used to eat a whole cooked pig, so this gives you an idea of how much food you should be consuming at night.

2. What ever you can get out the bins from the alley at night then Chimpy. I'll try it every other diet fails.

3. Have you considered eating the corpses of your enemies instead of chickens?

Plenty of protein, and you'll have the added satisfaction of knowing that you killed them yourself.

4. If you were a true warrior your chickens would be uncooked!

5. Try belly button fluff - full of nutrients. Also ear wax and dried bogey! I heard that THEM do that!!! But you would know that with your old man being an ex SAS sniper from 'Nam...

And how do I eat more at night when I am asleep...? Also the cookhouse only serves at Breakfast, lunch and dinner so eating at night is again not an option.

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Eat Breakfast like a king
    Eat Lunch like a prince
    Eat Dinner like a pauper

...goes the age old (and medically proven) advice.

Even so, like Chimp's idea of pigging out and partying. Sounds like far more fun. :)

7. were vikings very hairy and fat :? not a good diet then!

8. There was a lot of booze involved the morning of Culloden and not so much of the black pudding me thinks!

9. Does this count?

[​IMG]

10. I meant when you arrive home in the evening after a day of battle. Typically the warrior would arrive home to his wife who would have the feast prepared. Or the warriors would head to the place of dining where the feast would be provided en masse and wine would be served and tales of honour and bloodshed would be shared. They would retire to bed on a belly full of food and wine ... prepared for the next day on the battlefield.

11. You've forgotten the side orders matelot

12. so lots of alcohol as well i like this diet allready!!! :wink:

13. Alot of the enemies of Rome ate like that and got constantly beaten by them

14. The good thing about this diet is that KFC Bargain Buckets and lots of alcohol is acceptable at night because you are making up for what you didn't have in the day.

15. no wonder you dont want to eat the next day its the stonking hangover you get from consuming loads of alcohol