The War of the Roses

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Tricky1982, Aug 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't suppose this game will be particularly historically accurate, but it might be worth a look for a bit of a laugh, and to settle arguments about which colour rose is best (white of course!)

War of the Roses - Paradox Interactive
  2. I dunno, paradox really do go an extra mile for accuracy in most of their historical games. It won't be perfect but it should be pretty good.
  3. Looks like it will be similar to Mount and Blade which is quite fun so might be worth keeping an eye on
  4. I just looked at a gameplay demo, unlike M&B this appears to incorporate no role-playing whatsoever, you just pick a team, pick a "style" of soldier, jump into a battlefield and start hacking. They haven't yet started the Beta though, so who knows how it will develop.
  5. It's a pity you can't control people tactically, I spose offline gameplay may offer it. That's why I always disliked FFA in the original MoH series. Far better to have intense realism than the repetitive action stuff.

This game looks good, I even brought a history book on that period the other day as it inspired me to learn more about the war. Hopefully there'll be an xbox version as my laptop can barely handle Rome Total War let alone new stuff. Tho I rarely play games at all nowadays unless I do so socially - mates/pizza/beers/xbox etc.