The Village

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this last night and it is worth a look. As you would expect from the man that brought you The Sixth Sense, this is original and nicely creepy with a great twist at the end. Interesting cast, too, with old favs like William Hurt and Sigourney Weaver but also lots of very good newcomers.
  2. Did you watch most of it from behind the sofa then F_S? :D :wink:
  3. I don't scare easily, you naughty little badger.
  4. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

What's the film about? I've heard nothing about the plot or anything. Just its release date, and who's in it. :evil:
  5. It is about a community of people living simple, 19th-century lives. Their settlement is surrounded by a forest inhabited by evil, flesh-eating creatures with whom the villagers have a tenuous truce.

I'm not sure it would be in anyone's top 10 but it's very thoughtful and more than just a fairy tale for grown-ups.

Some rather understated trailers and clips:

6. So its actually a film about the blokes in Basrah palace then?
  7. I haven't seen it but some barsteward has already ruined the plot twist for me. Some c**t did that before I watched sixth sense as well. :evil:
  8. You watch too much telly.

By the way - there is not a chance I would watch The Village. I was scared at ET.
  9. It's not that sort of 'scary' - I had nightmares ghostbusters 2 (don't ask ...) but I really enjoyed The Village - although I did work it out before the end. The shaky camera shots were a bit irritating but otherwise it's a good story, well told.
  10. Hmmm... my signituare is a line from a film as well. Maybe I SHOULD get out more.. 8O
  11. Your avatar is a still from a completly different film, that's it case closed, you need to get out more. :wink:
  12. See what happens when you get married and have a kid? Watch and learn, gentlemen.
  13. Agreed Mrs Speedy and myself took it in the other night. Wonderfully creepy and the twist comes as a sudden jolt!!
  14. Sounds like where I live :D
  15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.