The view from jy ofiuce

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by eodmatt, Dec 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you in a cold and wet wintery UK (the recent snow should have melted by now), here is a view of the Bassac river from my temporary office on the terrace of the Victoria hotel, Chau Doc.

Whats the view from your workplace like?

Attached Files:

2. Sorry about the double post the view is nice here but the internet is shite.
  3. Does it rain there every morning, or do they scrub the stones outside the hotel?
  4. i see snow, lots of snow
  5. It's actually turned quite sunny here in the Weegopolis. A nice winters day in the offing.

Talking of 'offing', how's that unsolicited Mai Tai the completely trustworthy and unbribable hotel attendant brought you?...
  6. What the hell kind of a job gets you an office in a hotel (apart from hotel manager, receptionist, waiter etc)?
  7. Yesterday the view from my office was Macclefield, Wigan and LFC Anfield
    Tomorow it will be Anglesey, Bangor and Llandudno

I drive for a living!
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And that briefcase that has arrived at reception for you. Get them to bring it to you VERY CAREFULLY!
  9. Mr_Deputy the Satellite feed is showing some police unit’s not far away so watch out when exfiltrating, pick up is at Ap Phuoc Quan unless you get compromised, if so head for Cam Mountain and wait for further instructions...
  10. Working in a city centre I prefer to look in rather than out especially as I am surrounded by 150 plus women.
    Not all are beutiful but neither am I.
  11. Err, there isn't an hotel opposite me. Are you sure you have the right country? You were trained by the Mozambicans, right?

Here's a clue: 10° 42.487'N, 105° 7.473'E
  12. Neither. And the stones are the same colour as the boathouse at Bradbury Lines.
  13. Keerist, you have been watching (shock, horror smiley)
  14. Clearance of UXO from seismic survey lines. Our base is about 40km away from here, but the roads are crap and there are three river crossings by (delapidated, overloaded) ferry between here and base. So I get to check into an hotel close to where my teams are working for a couple of days.
  15. sign me up!