The Veterans Debate

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by jim24, Nov 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

It's nice to know The House of Commons cares about it's ex service people. FOUR of the 646 Thieving cnuts showed up for the debate,
  2. What where they supposed to be debating?
  3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Old ex squaddys
  4. It would be ever so nice if you could try to be coherent, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to articulate.
  5. It was a debate as to whether we should be put down humanely or just ignored.
  6. can anyone link me to the sorce material? had a peek on google news and found nothing.
  7. Is it this? If so it was adjourned.

Thursday 25 November 2010
    .House of Commons House of Lords ..Main Chamber Select Committee Westminster Hall . Time Business
    10:30am Oral Questions
    Communities and Local Government, including Topical Questions

11:30am Business Statement
    Leader of the House

Rail Investment

Local Government Bill [HL] - Report stage

Local Government Bill [HL] - Third reading

Adjournment - Ms Louise Bagshawe
    UK veterans administration
  8. Yeah, interesting comparison with the US VA, however much of what they get is only what we are already entitled to from the Welfare State..

.. except the provision to be buried in Arlington or any other national cemetary, which I think is a nice touch, as all we get is a couple of BTU of natural gas and a match...
  9. So there debating about veterans? What the hell for? Are we getting another 50p badge? Maybe their going to buy our pensions off us?

I'm thought the govt's policy with veterans was gone and then forgotten?

Unless it's bringing us into lne with other countries - E.g. Croatia, small army, but if you served, your kids get a 10% discount off their fees at Uni, or you get a free house!
  10. FFS Donk,don't mention Uni fees.You'll start a riot!
  11. What do you expect? The last lot didn't give a toss until they thought that they may actually lose and suddenly all things DPM became flavour of the month just to get your vote, the current crowd used everything and anything that they could involving the Forces to help oust the last lot. Now that they are in, the Forces (and ex Forces it would appear) can go **** themselves (and thanks for the votes fellas!) Can anyone perhaps shine a light on what this coalition has done for the Forces since they've been in? None of them give a shit.

12. They havn't really done much for anyone at the moment, students, coppers, parents on the higher tax band etc etc
  13. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

14. I've just remembered, the Tories doubled the OP allowance, which was quite popular when Cameron announced it.