The Veterans Debate

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
It's nice to know The House of Commons cares about it's ex service people. FOUR of the 646 Thieving cnuts showed up for the debate,

It would be ever so nice if you could try to be coherent, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to articulate.
It was a debate as to whether we should be put down humanely or just ignored.

Is it this? If so it was adjourned.

Thursday 25 November 2010
.House of Commons House of Lords ..Main Chamber Select Committee Westminster Hall . Time Business
10:30am Oral Questions
Communities and Local Government, including Topical Questions

11:30am Business Statement
Leader of the House

Statement
Rail Investment

Legislation
Local Government Bill [HL] - Report stage

Legislation
Local Government Bill [HL] - Third reading

Adjournment - Ms Louise Bagshawe
UK veterans administration

Something listed here House of Commons - UK Parliament

From House of Commons - Main Chamber
Adjournment - Ms Louise Bagshawe
Thursday 25 November 2010
UK veterans administration

Not much to see about the "UK Veterans Administration" but here's the US version
Veterans Administration Government Benefits | eHow.co.uk

*edit beaten to it , damn
Yeah, interesting comparison with the US VA, however much of what they get is only what we are already entitled to from the Welfare State..

.. except the provision to be buried in Arlington or any other national cemetary, which I think is a nice touch, as all we get is a couple of BTU of natural gas and a match...

So there debating about veterans? What the hell for? Are we getting another 50p badge? Maybe their going to buy our pensions off us?

I'm thought the govt's policy with veterans was gone and then forgotten?

Unless it's bringing us into lne with other countries - E.g. Croatia, small army, but if you served, your kids get a 10% discount off their fees at Uni, or you get a free house!

So there debating about veterans? What the hell for? Are we getting another 50p badge? Maybe their going to buy our pensions off us?

I'm thought the govt's policy with veterans was gone and then forgotten?

Unless it's bringing us into lne with other countries - E.g. Croatia, small army, but if you served, your kids get a 10% discount off their fees at Uni, or you get a free house!
FFS Donk,don't mention Uni fees.You'll start a riot!

B

Biscuits_AB

It's nice to know The House of Commons cares about it's ex service people. FOUR of the 646 Thieving cnuts showed up for the debate,
What do you expect? The last lot didn't give a toss until they thought that they may actually lose and suddenly all things DPM became flavour of the month just to get your vote, the current crowd used everything and anything that they could involving the Forces to help oust the last lot. Now that they are in, the Forces (and ex Forces it would appear) can go **** themselves (and thanks for the votes fellas!) Can anyone perhaps shine a light on what this coalition has done for the Forces since they've been in? None of them give a shit.

Can anyone perhaps shine a light on what this coalition has done for the Forces since they've been in? None of them give a shit.

They havn't really done much for anyone at the moment, students, coppers, parents on the higher tax band etc etc

Can anyone perhaps shine a light on what this coalition has done for the Forces since they've been in? None of them give a shit.
I've just remembered, the Tories doubled the OP allowance, which was quite popular when Cameron announced it.

I've just remembered, the Tories doubled the OP allowance, which was quite popular when Cameron announced it.
Yes they did, and in the same breath, they reduced the value of your pensions by linking them to the CPI indicies instead of the RPI indicies where they were linked. CPI is substantially and consistantly lower than RPI.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
1. It is a national disgrace, and in any part-way decent country would be a scandal, that the Govt prioritises State provision for all manner of the undeserving, including people with no moral claim whatever on the UK taxpayer, and also common criminals, above the needs of its own servants maimed in its service - in body or mind - and their orphans and dependents - who are expected to be looked after by charity, commendable though these charities and the people that support them undoubtedly are.

2. Mr Robothan's weasel words about the NHS seem to deny his absolute moral duty to make those delivering NHS service aware that they must automatically prioritise eligible veterans. Considering the vast number of foreigners staffing the NHS' "front desk" he ought to recognise his moral responsibility by driving the Health ministry into issuing a binding instruction to its people.

3. I think we need FAR more awareness of what one might call late-onset PTSD. The present situation seems to ignore the problem once the service person has been spat out onto the street, let alone years later when the problems may actually cut in.

4. I see nothing here from the Minister which recognises his moral duty to secure housing priority for Service leavers.

5. I don't know what General Fry said but I hope it did not carry a sense of hauling up the ladder. Whatever it was, it seems to be being used by the Minister as a laissez-faire, work-avoidance ploy.

Enough for now before I start frothing at the mouth.

Bravo Zulu Mrs Bagshawe. Keep at it.

Latest Threads