The use of videos clips in presentations

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Crafty990, Sep 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just spent a couple of hours looking for decent clips on youtube to include in a lesson on Basic Skills. I'm ready to poke my own eyes into the back of my skull as I can't seem to find anything that demonstrates the use of numeracy and literacy in everyday life with a bit of humour. I don't want to go down the serious route as I want to inject a bit of a laugh to keep the lesson going. Any suggestions would be greatly received aswell as photos, captions or any other bits of advice.
    Also, I remember years ago my maths teacher telling me the equation we all carry out before crossing the road. It sounded really complex but he suggested that it was done in a split second by judging whether or not the car would hit you in the time it takes to cross to the other side. I've typed this into Google to no avail so if by any chance any of you mega nerds might know it, that too would be well received.

Try and guess what course I'm on.........
  2. If anyone is interested, I went with a classic Big Train clip to highlight the public's perception of The Army's level of intelligence.

Big Train - Join The Army - YouTube

Big Train was highly underrated if you ask me.
  3. I've got both series on dvd - absolutely right it's underatted. A lot of the cast went onto do 'jam' on channel 4, similar humour, but far too weird