The US Army Service Uniform

Discussion in 'US' started by Trip_Wire, Aug 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I think this type of info has been posted before; however, this is up-to-date and more complete info on the various new Army service uniforms.

U.S. Army Service Uniform
  2. It sucks, I wore it once and felt like a doorman instead of a Soldier.
  3. Jeez,more badges than a boy scout.What mong thought up that idea?.
  4. The Taliban?

The Male Officer's Dress Blues is possibly the most offensive; that bow tie - urgh!
  5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

The 'Combat Service Identification' badges on the left look really chintzy and gash. How the US Army has slid from having some absolutely knock-out Khaki uniforms of WW2 and Korea War era to this pile of poo is saddening.

On a side note, I see that a new verb has been created out of the noun 'pulse':
  6. Makes him look like Pee Wee Herman. Do you think it revolves?

7. Frankly I saw nothing wrong with the dress greens, and saving the dress blues for formal occasions. White shirt with blue bellman's trousers with a gold stripe down the leg even for enlisted pukes in Class B order seems just wrong some how. :scratch::omfg::p

8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Do you guys wear rank badges on your berets? Tis a seriously intended question
  9. For a moment I thought his name was A.Twat

10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

The officers do. Enlisted Men wear their unit insignia on the beret flash.
  11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I remember we were of same minds on a similar thread when the subject of uniforms popped up; wasn't part of the reasoning behind it to recapture the "Golden Threads" of the US Army from the 19th Cent.?

Seriously would have been so much better if they had just in fact re-introduced the 19th Century Uniforms, you would look so much better - bring back the Crush Kepi!!!!!!

Or bring back Army Pinks.
  12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I see, i shall now add another to my list of mistakes for the A-Team :)
  13. Officer wear metal ranking over the Flash on the Beret, Enlisted wear Bn level unit crest
  14. lol, yeah the idiots at HQDA couldnt pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. Schoomaker wanted to look like John fuckin Wayne with his F-Troop Blues, made the rest of us look like Agarn and Duffy.

EVERY survey showed the Joes wanted either better weight material on the greens, like a serge over the polyester, or wanted a return to WWII Styling. I wore a set of My Fathers Class A' greens once, winter weight wool serge, sharp as hell from 1959 issue. I Loved My khaki Class B, the green B always sucked as well. The Army made the uniform cheaper and cheaper looking and then wondered why Joe didnt like it anymore. SO Much tradition they wanted, wheres the Mules, Watercooled Brownings and Putties to the knees?

Retards at HQDA I tell ya wouldnt trust 'em with a rubber gun
  15. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The Navy on the other hand seem to be heading back to the Service Khakis, seems that's the one part of their new uniform program that they have got right.