The Ups and Downs of owning a Furnished Holiday Let

morsk

LE
Time for another update of woe.

As mentioned, I'd ditched my original booking agent - a local mob, to a bigger player, Cottages.com.

Well wasn't that a ******* mistake?

I've never encountered such bad customer service before. The property listing was wrong, they never consulted me on it, they never confirmed details, they failed to respond to emails, they kept losing information, they updated the wrong stuff, and then finally to cap it all, they marked the house as free pets, which led to a booking with two dogs at a heavily discounted rate during a holiday week.

From opening initial discussions with Cottages three months ago, two Regional Area Managers have quit - the owners direct on the ground link, and I've got a new guy based in Skye trying to sort the problems I've been having.

So after three odd months of heartache with them, I've told them to **** off too, and I'm going back to my original firm.

On the upside, finally decided on a direction for the house in terms of style. Going to get new curtains, new cushions, upholstery, etc, in the Voyage Berridale red style and as mentioned somewhere else, handmade curtain poles using branches and off cuts. The family bathroom will get refurbished in the next six months with Rearo wall panels as like the en-suite, but not sure if to go for same panels or a different style to mix it up.

Always ******* headaches.
Hang on a second. You said you could afford carpets. You made no mention whatsoever of carpets there. Any fool can buy curtains poles. Even Red (pfffft) ones

Hang on a second. You said you could afford carpets. You made no mention whatsoever of carpets there. Any fool can buy curtains poles. Even Red (pfffft) ones
He’s found the skip at Dunelm I’ll wager. :cool:

Latest Threads