The United States of Britain?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rayc, Jul 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rayc

Rayc RIP

Unless my eyes read it wrong, what Independence Day celebration was Gordon Brown organising? I thought UK was always an independent country! :?

That apart, there seems to be some sea change suggested by Gordon Brown.

But is this article reading too much into Brown's proposal to state that UK is following the US pattern?

I have not been able to see where by suggesting certain changes, Brown is acknowledging any debt to the USA as suggested in the article! It is amusing that the author also feels "It's taken more than 200 years, but finally a British prime minister has accepted that Hamilton, Jefferson, Madison and Washington were right". The author desperately requires to brush up again on Dale Carnegie's 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'!

I presume other countries, apart from the US, too follow whatever has been proposed by Gordon Brown.

Or is the author trying to find solace now that the steadfast ally, Blair, is no longer there and Brown doesn't appear to be a person who will obey orders.

The article also suggest that there could be a catch. Could it be there? If so, what?
  2. Gordon Brown is very Atlanticist, especially when it comes to economics.
  3. Yes:

4. or

I know which I swore.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well in the spirit of 'entente cordiale', being the week after the 'Tour de France' and in recognition of Chirac preferring 'Siege Warfare' over invasion (hardly surrender historically), I am minded of the 'Three Lions'.