The unimaginatively titled general cricket thread.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
WI lose, but so close, wonderful match.

Aus, having been put in to bat in bowler friendly conditions, are 72-0 after 15. Run rate just over 5.

Are England about to hit the buffers and crash out before the semis?

123-1; another good opening by Warner and Finch.

After coming in with 519 runs as a partnership, it means the Aussie openers have scored a massive 642 runs by the time Warner was dismissed.

The Aussie openers average more than 91 per partnership.

Warner was dismissed as the ball stuck in the pitch and he chipped it to Joe Root at point for 53 off 61.

A great fight back by England, which should see them chasing down a score of below 300. Piece of p*ss for this batting line up, just like they did against Sri Lanka. Oh wait on a minute.........:smile:

Whichever way it goes, no quarter will be given. The WC has come to life!
ETA: What does worry me is the presence of Nathan Lyon in their side - he always does well against England and will be highly motivated to prove to the selectors they were wrong to leave him out up to now. Plus the quality of Starc and Cummins.
That said; I’m keeping the faith - we are due a Jos Buttler innings!

Last edited:
26 for 3 after 6 overs. Good grief!

The thing is we have plenty of time.
There is no need to panic, if we are 180 at the 40 over mark with 3 or 4 wickets in hand we should coast it.
I admire your optimism - come on Jos!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I was looking forward to this match, thought I’d have a day off from politics and the usual day to day tasks that one has to do.
Oh my, those kids of mine better be well behaved when they get in from school because I can feel a bad mood coming on.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
England are about to throw the world cup away.

I am about to descend into a pit of foul language and alcohol. Feck arse drink.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Completely rogered now. Buttler out. Arse feck drink.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Who made England favourites anyway?
Good catch on the boundary that saw off Butler.

Latest Threads