The unimaginatively titled general cricket thread.

We’ll this is shaping up well. England went bonkers in the second half of NZ innings with some of their bowling and field settings and are now 21-4 in their first innings

A 3-0 series win is looking increasingly unlikely

Anyone want 2 tickets for day 4?

I believe parking is a synch.

Looks like Bairstow to the rescue again and ably assisted by Jamie Overton. This could be another match of four X one day games dressed up as a Test match.

It is Test cricket but not as we know it and it's bloody exciting. A great way to get younger fans interested in Test cricket.

Last edited:
Tom Blundell and Daryl Mitchell are enjoying their day … again!

All credit to them, they have been brilliant for NZ this series, but FFS England, somebody must have some sort of clue as to how to get them out!

Well done Jack Leach. Well done England for giving him the chance.

Theres a bit of pressure on the openers now, as they’ve not had a great series and are needed to win/save the test. Weather will play a part, so I make 300 a big ask.

England second favourites.

Well done Jack Leach. 10fer in the match.
Well done to Ben Stokes for giving him the chance.
England have another final innings run chase, but this time the ball is turning and there is some uneven bounce. If England can finish the day with 7 or so wickets in hand they'll be lucky IMHO.

Last English spinner with a 10 for in a match ? Thinking Monty ?
Moeen Ali, against the Saffers at Lord's 2017. Tbh, I had to statsguru that. I'd have thought it was either Monty or Swann too.

Well done Jack Leach. 10fer in the match.
Well done to Ben Stokes for giving him the chance.
England have another final innings run chase, but this time the ball is turning and there is some uneven bounce. If England can finish the day with 7 or so wickets in hand they'll be lucky IMHO.
Yeah, I’d have to agree with that.

Even at this point, if we could chase down half that total as well, and still have one (or both) of the gwarrs at the crease, it’d give us a decent chance tomorrow.

Latest Threads