The unimaginatively titled general cricket thread.

Headingley Parking.

Gen up question folks.

Apologies for the drift (and for me being a tight wad) but does anyone know of a place I can park for free (road side/residential) close ish to Headingley please?

I parked nearby before but that was for a 20/20 and I think the test this Thursday onwards will be far more packed, notwithstanding the effing rail strike meaning even more cars going there than usual.

Happy to walk up to 30 mins but I will have Mrs SB in tow not to mention that I may well be wearing an inflatable fireman’s outfit.

PM me if req and thanks if anyone can help.

Stand you a pint if you are there.

Headingley Parking.

Gen up question folks.

Apologies for the drift (and for me being a tight wad) but does anyone know of a place I can park for free (road side/residential) close ish to Headingley please?

I parked nearby before but that was for a 20/20 and I think the test this Thursday onwards will be far more packed, notwithstanding the effing rail strike meaning even more cars going there than usual.

Happy to walk up to 30 mins but I will have Mrs SB in tow not to mention that I may well be wearing an inflatable fireman’s outfit.

PM me if req and thanks if anyone can help.

Stand you a pint if you are there.
Did you have a good day at the Test?!

One of the stranger wickets that you will ever see

One of the stranger wickets that you will ever see

Crazy Indeed!

I’ve done some umpiring in the past and can remember going through some extreme scenarios in training, but nothing like that.

Any “laws of cricket” geeks on here think there’s any case for Daryl Mitchell being given out instead?

Crazy Indeed!

I’ve done some umpiring in the past and can remember going through some extreme scenarios in training, but nothing like that.

Any “laws of cricket” geeks on here think there’s any case for Daryl Mitchell being given out instead?
During commentary yesterday, they read out the relevant Law, and it seems the ball remains 'in play' no matter what it hits. could be the spare helmets, or a bird, or the spidercam, or a fielding side's player... it it bounces off and is caught before hitting the ground, you are out.

more here

I think the only way Mitchell could have been given out would have been if he was out of his crease, the ball hit his bat, hit the bowler, hit the stumps and then ricocheted up to be caught.

That would have lead to a double dismissal...so pretty unlikely

During commentary yesterday, they read out the relevant Law, and it seems the ball remains 'in play' no matter what it hits. could be the spare helmets, or a bird, or the spidercam, or a fielding side's player... it it bounces off and is caught before hitting the ground, you are out.

more here

Wasn’t there an oak tree within the boundary at Canterbury? IIRC you could be out if the ball hit the tree on the full, bounced and was caught.

Yeah, it was the casualty of a storm a few years back. Not sure if it was replaced.

In other news , England drop their first catch of the day.

more here

5 penalty runs for striking the spare helmets on field, ball is then dead.

I think the only way Mitchell could have been given out would have been if he was out of his crease, the ball hit his bat, hit the bowler, hit the stumps and then ricocheted up to be caught.

That would have lead to a double dismissal...so pretty unlikely

Again ball is dead with the implied run out, catch not valid.

In other news , England drop their first catch of the day.

They had NZ on 123-5 when the last wicket fell. To have then allowed them to advance to 243-5 is not good enough. They need to make a breakthrough pretty sharpish this morning if they don’t want to be facing an embarrassing first innings total.

Latest Threads