The unimaginatively titled general cricket thread.

The ladies have the Aussies two down though:)
And they had them 3 down, but then relaxed a bit … and it was 7 wickets for 327 runs at Stumps. A reasonable recovery by the Australians, and more warm weather forecast, so that may test (SWIDT?) the English Ladies. Happy that I’m lazily retired now coz I can sloth around and watch the Match all day while SWMBO is out belting the dimples off a little white ball … and contesting right-of-way …
5E08D0D4-095F-4B2B-8F83-ABBFDEDA87C8.jpg

Also happily retired but still catching up after the sleep deprivation of the mens's Ashes. I shall need to watch the highlights later.

Some distinctly average umpiring in the T20. Windies getting away with some dodgy wides.
Cost Vince his wicket chasing one after a couple not called.

Agree. One ball that went so high over Billing's head that he needed a cherry picker to reach it, but it wasn't called.

Well, the English Ladies have certainly shown a degree of fortitude at Manuka Oval, which has indeed, given the Australian Ladies something to consider prior to the One-Day matches; well done, to be sure!

Yeah, we have to be careful another of your batting collapses doesn't ruin your chance of victory.
How ruddy dare you.

The England Ladies are no where near yet the level of batting collapses that our Englishmen (foreigners inc) can achieve.

But made really hard work of it and tried to lose the semi!
A win's a win! I'll take anything after this winter....

Plus I think it's the first time we've been in the final of this competition since we won it in 1998. Said team included Graeme Swann, Rob Key & Owais Shah

A win's a win! I'll take anything after this winter....

Plus I think it's the first time we've been in the final of this competition since we won it in 1998. Said team included Graeme Swann, Rob Key & Owais Shah
Agreed, I'm delighted with the win and it sure was exciting. Can't see India or Australia quaking in their boots though

Ashley Giles quits as MD England cricket team.

I guess a ritual sacrifice was needed after this winter, but the real villians imo are Gilo's employers at the ECB. Hope he finds another role in the county game.

Ashley Giles quits as MD England cricket team.

I guess a ritual sacrifice was needed after this winter, but the real villians imo are Gilo's employers at the ECB. Hope he finds another role in the county game.
Other reports saying he was sacked with Strauss taking over in the interim. Silverwood and Thorpe to follow?
Duty rumour Stewart to take over for Windies Tests.

Latest Threads