The unimaginatively titled general cricket thread.

1631513981549.png

Meanwhile, in the world of ‘proper’ Cricket, Sir Alistair scores yet another century. Can’t we persuade him out of retirement for the Ashes?!

Meanwhile, in the world of ‘proper’ Cricket, Sir Alistair scores yet another century. Can’t we persuade him out of retirement for the Ashes?!
Why not? Cowdrey did it, and he was 10 years older than Cook.

It’s been a long time! My first visit to live Cricket for almost 2 years. An overcast County Ground at Taunton, a Pasty and Lancashire on top. A decent crowd in too. Perfect day.
C8AA4F22-3BB4-47D9-800E-C9FB164F4FBB.jpeg

They could’ve called things off at the Oval earlier today at 4.30.

They played on to 4.34, giving the Essex opening batsmen (and former England captain) the last over.

To tremendous cheers, his final delivery was the RGD Willis impersonation – the ball wiggled to and fro behind his lower back as he approached the crease !

Ollie Pope dead batted it, and they went off for a pint of Shere Drop.

IndiaGB

Clanker
Whities complaining for not getting white privilege but can't say it openly. Had the players continued on the field, had someone gotten serious and lost a life, I am sure Englishmen wouldn't have complained why India continued the game despite having so many people infected, I am sure ECB would have compensated just the way Englishmen have compensated for all the loots and deaths they caused all over the world. But because India pulls out which seems like a good decision to any ordinary fan, whitemen see a chance to accuse India of doing something they believe only they are entitled to just like they did in South Africa. Oh.. it's just a cold, what's the need to even isolate those infected, it can do no harm. I think India should really have pity on England and compensate by forfeiting the game. They can't win the game but atleast they can say they didn't lose either.

Just a flu... no need to panick but hey ... this is white men's game, white men's rule. Justified when they say so. Not justified when they say so.

Scorcher68

War Hero
Whities complaining for not getting white privilege but can't say it openly. Had the players continued on the field, had someone gotten serious and lost a life, I am sure Englishmen wouldn't have complained why India continued the game despite having so many people infected, I am sure ECB would have compensated just the way Englishmen have compensated for all the loots and deaths they caused all over the world. But because India pulls out which seems like a good decision to any ordinary fan, whitemen see a chance to accuse India of doing something they believe only they are entitled to just like they did in South Africa. Oh.. it's just a cold, what's the need to even isolate those infected, it can do no harm. I think India should really have pity on England and compensate by forfeiting the game. They can't win the game but atleast they can say they didn't lose either.

Just a flu... no need to panick but hey ... this is white men's game, white men's rule. Justified when they say so. Not justified when they say so.

Are you sure it's Clanker ?

Wrong thread for this sort of crap. Take it the the Hole, where your inane ranting belongs.

Lets face it, India are now bigger cheats than Pakistan.

Fat POM

War Hero

I like you.
A good rant will do you good. Don't bother checking spelling or grammar, or even if the sentence makes sense. It all adds to the fun.

This might not be the thread for you though.

Cricket news England Ladies batting and are 50 for 1 after 10.:)

Fat POM

War Hero
Good result for the mighty Kent.

The catch that wasn't should have been allowed as the catch was completed and the ball was dead before the other fielder collided with him!

IMHO