The unimaginatively titled general cricket thread.

A fantastic all round performance by England, brilliantly led by the superlative Joe Root. What more can be said about Jimmy Anderson? I watched that over this morning and it really perked me up no end - is he the GOAT? Up for debate in some quarters, but he is for me.
The only downside as far as I can see is the England rotation policy may well upset the balance of the side, just when they have gelled into a superb unit. We’ll see in the next Test - can’t wait!

3 wickets remaining had to take missus to work, come back and India are all out...gutted.

3 wickets remaining had to take missus to work, come back and India are all out...gutted.
Even worse for me. One wicket to go, grandson dropped off for the day and had to leave the Test Match for Peppa Pig! :-D

Watched the analysis this morning. That Anderson over was lethal. He'll chase down Kumble this series I reckon. Just keeps posting ludicrous figures - run rates below 2 in Sri Lanka and again in second innings today. He's 38 but looks a decade younger - he'll play till he's 40 at this rate - maybe even put Warne in his sights.

Watched the analysis this morning. That Anderson over was lethal. He'll chase down Kumble this series I reckon. Just keeps posting ludicrous figures - run rates below 2 in Sri Lanka and again in second innings today. He's 38 but looks a decade younger - he'll play till he's 40 at this rate - maybe even put Warne in his sights.
Some of the best bowling I’ve listened to for a long time, just saw Stokes ripping kholi’s off stump out, his reaction was classic! “Nah nah not ever going to hit that”!

Even better.

It’s on Foxtel here, so I had to go to the pub to watch the final session. Not many happy Aussies watching it....

Were you rubbing them up the wrong way with some gritty banter.

Just tell them they have to take the smooth with the rough.

Scorcher68

Old-Salt

I agree about the 40s he seems to be willing to still put all the hard work in away from the pitch which enables him to keep doing what he does best.

Anderson will probably pass Kumble’s total this series and has a good chance of ending his career topping Warne. I doubt he’ll get near Muralitharen, but then you can’t really chuck the ball as a quicky.

but then you can’t really chuck the ball as a quicky.
I'll refer that statement to the Venerable member of my old club and President of our Distric League.

He had genuine pace as young man, possessing the most astonishing off cutter in his armoury.........
Thank God slo-mo cameras weren't a thing in those days!

I'll refer that statement to the Venerable member of my old club and President of our Distric League.

He had genuine pace as young man, possessing the most astonishing off cutter in his armoury.........
Thank God slo-mo cameras weren't a thing in those days!

He'd be bowling in a long sleeve shirt in my league XD

So team for second test:

Anderson out, Broad in.
Archer injured; Woakes or Stone?
Butler gone home, Foakes in
Bess out, Moeen

Can’t help but thing England are playing with fire.

Agreed looked up Woakes bowling record in India . Less than impressive as I expected good bowler but don't think India suits him.
I’m hoping they pick Stone. But their rotation policy is looking a bit thin. That said, in the absence of practice games, the reserve players have a run deal. Woakes is doing the whole tour; he could watch tests from the dressing room and play none.

Boycott is pontificating in the DT about how Bairstow is being treated badly. I think he’s got a point.

I think the rotation policy is not just about keeping fit. Remember the entire squad is in a COVID bubble for nearly a year! Imagine sitting in a hotel for months and only getting to practice in the nets. I genuinely think player welfare is also a reason for the rotation.

I think the rotation policy is not just about keeping fit. Remember the entire squad is in a COVID bubble for nearly a year! Imagine sitting in a hotel for months and only getting to practice in the nets. I genuinely think player welfare is also a reason for the rotation.
Agree totally. Imagine spending nearly a year on tour, with quarantine periods and the rest in a bubble. And then not getting a game. I think England have something of a duty of care to give everyone a game.

Not original, nicked from Cricut:

Broadly speaking, I think wickets are going to be like getting blood out of a stone today. Unless someone stokes the fire, the Indian batsmen will put down roots and stick to their wickets like leaches. Hopefully it won’t be England captain who burns his reviews; the foakes back how. watching on telly wouldn’t want that.

Fucked of I can work out how to get Sibley, Lawrence and Ali into that.....

I think that Moeen Ali has saved the umpires an awful lot of controversy there. Replays shows Rahane could have been out caught to Leach. At the very least England didn’t get the review they were charged for.

Latest Threads