The unimaginatively titled general cricket thread.

Great news

Great news indeed and another reason for me to be grateful I have cancelled my Sky Subscription.
The way it’s going, with competition from BT Sport and Channel 4, Sky will be struggling to hold on to the likes of Nasser Hussain, Mike Atherton etc, as their own coverage of the Sport becomes more marginalised and irrelevant.
Channel 4 coverage to be headed up by the excellent Mark Nicholas.

Great news indeed and another reason for me to be grateful I have cancelled my Sky Subscription.
The way it’s going, with competition from BT Sport and Channel 4, Sky will be struggling to hold on to the likes of Nasser Hussain, Mike Atherton etc, as their own coverage of the Sport becomes more marginalised and irrelevant.
Channel 4 coverage to be headed up by the excellent Mark Nicholas.

Cancelled a year ago, after subscribing for more than 20.
No regrets, not missing it.
The Sky business model is now much devalued – in theory, and in practice.

Australia's tour to South Africa has just been cancelled, Wuflue risk to high apparently. Australia will not have any tests before the Ashes now
The real reason is South Africa had banned the sale of sandpaper for the duration of the tour.

(Yes I know it's ancient history now, but I'm still smarting from the "hand of God!")

Usual whinging chickenry from that shower.
(See Bangladesh cancellation most recently)
England came home from South Africa without playing a game.....would you play sport in a country with a Covid mutation that may defeat vaccines?

As for Australia, in the febrile political Covid environment that is Australia today, I am absolutely against any Australian sports teams touring overseas and any overseas teams coming here. Same for individuals coming here; it’s near criminal that sports stars can flit around the country for the Big Bash when people can’t fly interstate to see a dying relative.

Until Australians can travel freely within the whole country and until all Australians who have been stranded overseas for months waiting for a quarantine space can come home, sports people can **** off.

It’s a very raw issue for my family at the moment.

England came home from South Africa without playing a game.....would you play sport in a country with a Covid mutation that may defeat vaccines?

As for Australia, in the febrile political Covid environment that is Australia today, I am absolutely against any Australian sports teams touring overseas and any overseas teams coming here. Same for individuals coming here; it’s near criminal that sports stars can flit around the country for the Big Bash when people can’t fly interstate to see a dying relative.

Until Australians can travel freely within the whole country and until all Australians who have been stranded overseas for months waiting for a quarantine space can come home, sports people can **** off.

Same with our pampered Premier League and EFL football players in this country. Despite numerous fixtures being cancelled due to Covid outbreaks in many of the Squads, they are allowed to carry on playing and travel to all parts of the Country because apparently they are contributing to the ‘wellbeing’ of a lockdowned population. Madness.

Take it to the covid thread. The reason the AustraliaIan Cricket team isn’t going, is they don’t want to quarantine or be bubbled for the period of time again. As they can’t mentally take it.

Same with our pampered Premier League and EFL football players in this country. Despite numerous fixtures being cancelled due to Covid outbreaks in many of the Squads, they are allowed to carry on playing and travel to all parts of the Country because apparently they are contributing to the ‘wellbeing’ of a lockdowned population. Madness.
Take it to the covid thread. This is a cricket thread not moaning about restrictions or any Other sport.

Still probably dick us out there...
I doubt it, the mental strength and cohesion has gone, they could have used the SA tour, to build up team spirit, instead the wounds of being humiliated on there own turf by a second string India, who were under the strictest restrictions will fester.

Take it to the covid thread. This is a cricket thread not moaning about restrictions or any Other sport.
I was responding to Bobs post. Sorry, did I miss your Moderator tag?

Take it to the covid thread. The reason the AustraliaIan Cricket team isn’t going, is they don’t want to quarantine or be bubbled for the period of time again. As they can’t mentally take it.
Am I the only one thinking it's remarkably convenient for them to cancel from a playing point of view? It gives them time to lick their wounds after the capitulation against India, and means their next Test won't be until November against us.

In the same period, we'll have played 11 Tests.

Am I the only one thinking it's remarkably convenient for them to cancel from a playing point of view? It gives them time to lick their wounds after the capitulation against India, and means their next Test won't be until November against us.

Then we will have no excuses of being under prepared.
Seriously though, there is no better practice than the real thing. Sri Lanka was the starter, India the main course and hopefully Australia the sweet, sweet desert.
If the selectors continue with the rotation of Broad and Anderson, they should be fit and raring to go next winter and lets face it, some of our top order need the game time.

Are we playing NZ in the summer?
The Aussies are showing their true colours in all it glory, everything seems to be coming out, from Justin Langer and his micro management, ML trying to sneak toasties onto the pitch mid way through a session, etc.

Smith and Mitchel have been dropped for the potential 100 competition.

Rubbish. They’re not going because the advice from the Federal Government is that Australians should not travel to South Africa. There is near zero public support for at tour to SA at this time and a number of senior politicians have questioned it occurring.

The idea that they aren’t touring because the players are mentally shot or don’t want to quarantine is a fantasy. It’s political. The stupid thing it that Cricket Australia went ahead and planned the tour; it was never going to happen.

And thereby losing any chance of playing in the World Test Championship final?

If they don’t play for nine months, how are they going to sort out their batting lineup? There’ll be some Sheffield Shield before the Ashes, but that’s all.

Are we playing NZ in the summer?
The Aussies are showing their true colours in all it glory, everything seems to be coming out, from Justin Langer and his micro management, ML trying to sneak toasties onto the pitch mid way through a session, etc.

Smith and Mitchel have been dropped for the potential 100 competition.
The sooner the last vestiges of Ponting’s team are removed from Australian cricket, the better IMHO. But the core issue is the lack of batting talent coming through from grade cricket.

Rubbish. They’re not going because the advice from the Federal Government is that Australians should not travel to South Africa. There is near zero public support for at tour to SA at this time and a number of senior politicians have questioned it occurring.

The idea that they aren’t touring because the players are mentally shot or don’t want to quarantine is a fantasy. It’s political. The stupid thing it that Cricket Australia went ahead and planned the tour; it was never going to happen.
If it’s political why are they are allowing the Australian open go ahead? Had the Indians play cricket? They are mentally shot, how else can you describe their melt down?

I understand I am arguing with the arse expert of everything, captain of industry, married to a supermodel, advisor to many governments.

Latest Threads