Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UN Biodiversity pledge...

I just saw this gem on the interwebs and it appears the UK is seriously committed to the tenets of this pledge.

Is it even possible for your country to make these goals by 2050, without gutting your economy?
Is this really a national priority over defense spending which will impact your ability to be a world leader?
If you are trying to escape from the EU, then why commit to the same agreement that also help bind you to that very same organization?

I just saw this gem on the interwebs and it appears the UK is seriously committed to the tenets of this pledge.

Is it even possible for your country to make these goals by 2050, without gutting your economy?
Is this really a national priority over defense spending which will impact your ability to be a world leader?
If you are trying to escape from the EU, then why commit to the same agreement that also help bind you to that very same organization?

They'll just end up naming another area as a National Park, maybe Stonehenge and Avebury and get Spinal Tap to announce it

1. Yes, because we're already doing most of it and have been for years.
2. Yes, because defense spending is irrelevant if you have nothing left to defend.
3. It doesn't.

Perhaps you should try and recalibrate yourself into "I give a shit about the planet and what my kids and grandkids will inherit" mode.

1. Yes, because we're already doing most of it and have been for years.
2. Yes, because defense spending is irrelevant if you have nothing left to defend.
3. It doesn't.

Perhaps you should try and recalibrate yourself into "I give a shit about the planet and what my kids and grandkids will inherit" mode.
Will disagree with point #2. Have no idea how effective the U.K. has been at going green so far.

But you are binding yourself to the UN and the EU by default in some very serious matters, that will be expensive and cost much in the way of national sovereignty.

24F59386-46B8-4E73-AAAD-4CEB8DEB9526.jpeg

I would say I am “zeroed” and ready to do my part to help out the biodiversity here.

Talk is cheap. After numerous international conferences on the climate, most participants have succeeded in doing either nothing or very little.

You can disagree all you like, but the point remains. If we undergo irreversible global climate change and/or a major loss of biodiversity, then we will all have bigger problems than counting tanks and aircraft carriers.

Quite a few UK organisations are busy getting on with trying to protect biodiversity without protesting, blockading premises or virtue signalling on social media

We should be fine, just wish XR would go back to spending daddies trust fund rather than annoying law abiding citizens

Last edited:
Will disagree with point #2. Have no idea how effective the U.K. has been at going green so far.

But you are binding yourself to the UN and the EU by default in some very serious matters, that will be expensive and cost much in the way of national sovereignty.

View attachment 508080
I would say I am “zeroed” and ready to do my part to help out the biodiversity here.

zero bison, zero native Americans.....
white mans monoculture Kemo sahbee

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
No need. We can increase the UK take and simultaneously reduce the overall take allowing fish stocks to recover.
Ah but. Declare it a maritime reserve and strictly enforce licences to fish. To exactly the current number of fishing boats. Two birds, one stone.

zero bison, zero native Americans.....
white mans monoculture Kemo sahbee

You can disagree all you like, but the point remains. If we undergo irreversible global climate change and/or a major loss of biodiversity, then we will all have bigger problems than counting tanks and aircraft carriers.
You don’t sound very enthusiastic for our next ice age...

Oh dear, did they describe it as "urgent"?

...And is it more or less urgent than the impending disaster due to hit in ten/fifteen/twenty years scientists were concerned about in the 1970s?

UN you say...A little observation i made today

April:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 121205 (Large).jpg

June:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 121129 (Large).jpg

July:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 121250 (Large).jpg

Today:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 120525 (Large).jpg

Thats the thing with corny catch phrases, You never forget them.
As expected globalism has right on cue, seized the china-virus moment (oh surprise) and Boris is playing along with it, I wonder if he realises where that phrase is from or who designed that backdrop?

You don’t sound very enthusiastic for our next ice age...

Have you seen the films lately, the cartoons are dropping in quality

Latest Threads