The ultimate crap-hats?

#2
Is'nt that Colonel Kilgore from "Apocolypse Now"
 
#3
Taking you one step further in................................neck shaving. 8O
 
#4
First Cavalry Division. Honestly though, greatest headgear in the US Army.

Same unit as Kilgore (notice what is known as the 'horse blanket' patch--aka 1st Cav Div--on their left arms):

 
#5
Should you really be throwing stones?







British Commandos? :twisted:

 
#6
sandmanfez said:
Taking you one step further in................................neck shaving. 8O
High and tight baby, high and tight!



Not sure whats going on with the limp front and rear on them, is that the style?

They're pretty cool and as Virgil points out, stones, houses and glass :wink:
 
#7
The guy giving them the medals looks like Death!!!

I think this is a tradition in the 1st Cav, (well as close as America can get to a tradition in such a short space of time :) ) The Hats are worn for issueing other medals too, there was a picture of a British Major being awarded a medal in the US wearing such a beast. Can´t remember the medal but it wsa for services to infantry, comes in three flavours and their is even a "shield" award on similar lines to be given to civvies, esp the wives.
 
#8
chocolate_frog said:
The guy giving them the medals looks like Death!!!
That is Petraeus' successor General Odierno.
 
#9
Taz_786 said:
General Odierno presenting a few DFCs in Iraq (from his Wikipedia entry).
If you look on the same (Odierno's) Wikipedia history or talk page of this entry you'll see I was just involved in the last 72 hours in a dust up with some Turk trying to change the entry with some idiotic anti-American drivel.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#10
frenchie said:
sandmanfez said:
Taking you one step further in................................neck shaving. 8O
High and tight baby, high and tight!



:wink:
Man on the right
His necks cleaner shaven than his chin
 
#11
Awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross?

AIR CAV, SON, AIR MOBILE...
 
#12
Bravo_Bravo said:
Awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross?

AIR CAV, SON, AIR MOBILE...
Did the Air Cav not trade their choppers in for armour? any way couple of pics to say the stetson rules.
 

Attachments

#13
Fcuk me, I don't know about the US Cavalry, but those pics certainly made my 'morale' rise a bit!
 
#14
Taz_786 said:
General Odierno presenting a few DFCs in Iraq (from his Wikipedia entry).

Yee-haa! :D

Didn't the shoulder badge used to have a yellow background? I distinctly remember something about a horse they couldn't ride, a line they wouldn't cross, and the colour speaks for itself... :D
 
#15
tiger stacker said:
Bravo_Bravo said:
Awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross?

AIR CAV, SON, AIR MOBILE...
Did the Air Cav not trade their choppers in for armour? any way couple of pics to say the stetson rules.
And THAT, gentlemen, is why we fight.

Bless their hearts...*sniff*
 
#16
bernoulli said:
Taz_786 said:
General Odierno presenting a few DFCs in Iraq (from his Wikipedia entry).

Yee-haa! :D

Didn't the shoulder badge used to have a yellow background? I distinctly remember something about a horse they couldn't ride, a line they wouldn't cross, and the colour speaks for itself... :D
It was a line that couldn't be held...
 
#17
bernoulli said:
Taz_786 said:
General Odierno presenting a few DFCs in Iraq (from his Wikipedia entry).

Yee-haa! :D

Didn't the shoulder badge used to have a yellow background? I distinctly remember something about a horse they couldn't ride, a line they wouldn't cross, and the colour speaks for itself... :D
The patch is yellow when they wear dress uniforms, and used to be on field uniforms back in the day, but those ones are "subdued" to blend with the uniform.
 
#18
chocolate_frog said:
The guy giving them the medals looks like Death!!!

I think this is a tradition in the 1st Cav, (well as close as America can get to a tradition in such a short space of time :) ) The Hats are worn for issueing other medals too, there was a picture of a British Major being awarded a medal in the US wearing such a beast. Can´t remember the medal but it wsa for services to infantry, comes in three flavours and their is even a "shield" award on similar lines to be given to civvies, esp the wives.
So, how exactly would a wife earn the 'services to Infantry' shield then?

8O
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#19
IT_Guy said:
chocolate_frog said:
The guy giving them the medals looks like Death!!!

I think this is a tradition in the 1st Cav, (well as close as America can get to a tradition in such a short space of time :) ) The Hats are worn for issueing other medals too, there was a picture of a British Major being awarded a medal in the US wearing such a beast. Can´t remember the medal but it wsa for services to infantry, comes in three flavours and their is even a "shield" award on similar lines to be given to civvies, esp the wives.
So, how exactly would a wife earn the 'services to Infantry' shield then? 8O
Well, there was a wife of an ACC cook, in Celle, who certainly deserved an award for her services to my battalion!
 
#20
Served with them in bosnia. They were so up there own arrrses and thought they were so special. A pain in the redneck arrrssss that they were
 

Similar threads

Top