The UK shooting show 28 Feb 1st Mar Newark

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by medman82, Feb 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening ladies and gents,

Is anyone plannig to have a look round the UK shooting show at the Newark show ground on Sat 28th Feb and Sun 1st Mar ?

I was thinking of perhaps arranging an RV point for meeting up and putting faces to names.

If anyone is interested drop a reply in and we can take things from there, if no response then I'll sack the idea as being shoite.

2. that'll be feck all interest in that idea then
  3. I will be there mate, not sure which day though.

Should be good.
  4. As my ménage à trois that weekend has been postponed I might be available. I'll post on here nearer the time.
  5. I am meeting up with some old mates in Newark that weekend so count me in
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Despite the obvious anagram, I will be there on the Sunday hopefully, partly as a buying exped and partly to see if its worth exhibiting next year!
  7. Coincidentally I was supposed to be in your town that weekend until my dates got postponed! :x
  8. I'll be there. Lord knows how we'll do the RV now though!
  9. Bugger, only just spotted this thread!!

I went Saturday morning, quite a sizable crowd already there at 8.30am.

Not done any shooting for a few years, but I'm looking to rekindle my interest, so decided to take a look.

Interest suitably rekindled, now I've got to pursuade the other half to let me spend large amounts of money!

Some very nice kit there, I like the new Winchester SX3 & I could never afford anything on the Purdey, Hellis or Westley stand.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well the question now has to be will anyone else be going next year as I am hoping to display there!
  11. If it's at the same venue I'll be there!!
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well it certainly seemed to be busy on saturday and enough on Sunday to warrant us having a stall, the distance involved didnt put off our local shops attending and doing very well!
  13. As a punter I though it was OK as a half day out. I think I'd pretty much seen it all after three hours and I spent a good half hour of that just chatting to an old mate. Ok for a tenner.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It needs more trade stands and possibly some more demos and a display arena but unless its supported it wont get the success it deserves. I can see me pushing the boss to take a stand next year!
  15. Nice to see that such shows still exist back in Ole England. Keep up the support for our noble sport!