Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The UK/European migrant problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Italian government (and Greek, Spanish etc) have one card to play. They can issue citizenship to any migrants arriving. What do you think most migrants would do once their new EU passport arrived?

Italian law requires non EU citizens to have lived in Italy legally for 10 years before they can apply for citizenship.
It's easier to acquire UK citizenship than Italian.

Citizenship

There is now the Spanish Front opening up to replace the Italian one, now lega nord are in situ.
With the Turkish-Russian backdoor route operating and the direct route over the Aegean operating at a slower rate.
The direct routes on airlines with dodgy passports and the Student racket with more young people coming to our unis than we have universities.

In conclusion, the rate looks like its slowed down, but in fact its dispersed so it makes less worrying media coverage for those who advocate the change.
Efforts to control irregular migration and trafficking (the bloc has tried several ways several times, often in secret) will always be shouted down. Human rights activists, the liberal press and civil societies are the main drivers, and since they have all the power from law, intergovernmental organization mandates, and charters: let them get on with it.

No use stressing about stuff we can't control, and there's never any rhyme or reason to politics. Only chaos.

Efforts to control irregular migration and trafficking (the bloc has tried several ways several times, often in secret) will always be shouted down. Human rights activists, the liberal press and civil societies are the main drivers, and since they have all the power from law, intergovernmental organization mandates, and charters: let them get on with it.

No use stressing about stuff we can't control, and there's never any rhyme or reason to politics. Only chaos.
I sympathise with your opinions, I used to believe much of what you say.

But I am focused on my son's future and the psychological aspects of acceptance which I am starting to rebel against, the idea that evil done without me speaking out makes me an accomplice.

Read the article - it says media could report on the mothers murder (which they did) but not the decapitated baby (which none of them did).
I'm not being obtuse and i am certainly not a Merkel supporter. I 100% believe that the German authorities control the press with oblique threats, denial of access to government members and control of information flows, but this does not make sense.

If the German public did not know it had happened, because it had been censored, how did they know it had been censored in order to become outraged? After all they didn't know...because it had been censored...apparently.

Even though it hadn't, because it was in the press at the time and even I knew about it.

There are plenty of examples of censorship and obfuscation in the German media, but this is not one of them.

Surely, a story coming from the Merkel Press, when it's rubbished on the net, and the truth comes out, adds more to the hatred of her by the normal German public ?

What a fuckin' mess......

Just to point out a few facts about freedom of the press in Germany and what happens when some clown tries it on with the press. First off and quite famous or infamous was the Spiegel affair in the early 60s. It did not end well for Franz Josef Strauss who was at the time a leading German politician. The link gives most of the sordid details:
Spiegel affair - Wikipedia.
Second and more recent was the affair involving the then Bundespräsident, Christian Wolff. It became obvious from the beginning that he was not suited to the office of Bundespräsident, the highest in the country. Cutting things short, Wolff became highly dischuffed at the Bild Zeiting for its critical coverage of his cock ups. The climax came in a phone call to the Bild editor with Wolff making threats against him and the paper. The editor got the whole thing on tape. Shortly afterwards exit stage left for Wolff.
So freedom of the press does exist and the above ill advised and somewhat amateurish attempts at coercion failed abysmally. There are no doubt politicians who would love to control the press, but they know it wouldn't work.
This of course does not alter the fact that some printed media are pro gov't and some contra. They cover the whole political spectrum.

I sympathise with your opinions, I used to believe much of what you say.

But I am focused on my son's future and the psychological aspects of acceptance which I am starting to rebel against, the idea that evil done without me speaking out makes me an accomplice.
And get branded far-right and/or xenophobic; we know the world's highly emotional and politically polarised nowadays. There must be ways of skinning a migrant crisis, except those paid to manage and lead, or write stuff or make policy, are obviously overpaid halfwits.

There is evil being done and the crisis has, interestingly, been called "manufactured", "weaponising migrants and refugees in economic empire wars". Whichever half-truth one subscribes to, activists and prosecutors are waving Geneva conventions and obligations ; the 1951 Geneva convention on refugees lays down the right to non-refoulement.

Puppet strings will be jerked when European politicians don't let NGO traffickers dock, besides threats of criminal action in their own states. The Salvinis in this world, pragmatic and practical, will get lip service and then they'll be steamrollered.

Still, at least Rome is seeing some thinking; EU migrant mission rethink needed say govt sources.

As day follows night Spain has now become the go to for illegal boat migrants, this will continue for a while till the soft liberal PM is kicked to the kerb rather like in Italy and someone with sense is elected. It will not stop until either the EU has diluted the population that the majority are in favour of open borders or the present majority vote for parties that will put a stop to this nonsense, in effect forcing people to vote for governments that in any normal circumstance they would not vote for.

Which is it to be.

Spain overtakes Italy as most popular choice for EU-bound migrants

Spain has overtaken Italy as the most popular choice for migrants attempting to get to Europe by sea, new figures show.
There have been 18,016 migrants arriving in — or being picked up in the sea trying to get to — Spain since the start of this year, according to latest figures published by the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
A surge since the start of June has seen Spain overtake Italy, which had 17,827 sea arrivals since January 1.

As day follows night Spain has now become the go to for illegal boat migrants, this will continue for a while till the soft liberal PM is kicked to the kerb rather like in Italy and someone with sense is elected. It will not stop until either the EU has diluted the population that the majority are in favour of open borders or the present majority vote for parties that will put a stop to this nonsense, in effect forcing people to vote for governments that in any normal circumstance they would not vote for.
Which will lead to usual suspects screeching about 'populism', whilst they singularly fail to grasp the rather simple concept that they have utterly failed in their job.

Not quite immigration, however the GCP in Bonn scored an own goal last week. A 50 year old Israeli professor living in the States had come over to give a lecture at the university and was attacked by a German citizen with a North African background (either born here of North African parents or naturalised), the attacker knocked the professors Kippa to the ground a number of times. Meanwhile somebody had called the police and the attacker legged it with the professor in pursuit. So our dear friends and protectors in two cars rolled up and tackled the man, knocked him to the ground, hit him and cuffed him. Later they managed to arrest the attacker.
Cue lots of grovelling and regrets, a police spokesman emphasised how much they regretted the treatment of the poor professor. The Polizeipräsidentin (Chief Constable) went to visit the professor in hospital and the Innenminister announced that he had directed that the matter be investigated.
I can see at least 2 coppers hat in hand minus coffee standing in front of a mahogany bomber trying to talk their way out of that one.

This one does concern immigrants. I reckon it's much ado about nowt. However the State of Nordrheinwestphalen managed to deport the Tunisian Sami A. (German Data Protection Act prohibits publishing his full name), he was allegedly Osama Bin Liners body guard and a potentially dangerous person. Sami A has been living in Germany for a while now and it has taken some time to get shot of him. His lawyer managed to get a court order rescinding the deportation order, fortunately sadly the court order didn't arrive until Sami As aircraft had got airbourne. There then followed much chucking of Teddies, with the one side claiming obstruction of justice, undermining the State etc and the other side claiming that the order had been received too late. The good news is that Tunisia has arrested Sami A and is refusing to return him despite the German court order ordering his return. Sad, oh so very sad.
Somebody ought to point out to the hand wringers that the foremost duty of the State is to protect its citizens. The deportation of Sami A means that in this case the State has fullfilled its duty.
I'll now go and dry my solitary tear.

Last edited:
Belfast City Councillor Jolene Bunting (IND) is always going on about this sort of thing. Don't get me wrong: I like the woman, met her once, and her heart is in the right place. However, I think she is over-stating the case somewhat.

Jolene represents the Greater Shankill Road area. She reckons Islam is taking over Ulster. While I do have my concerns, it's not happening. I spent my early years in Agnes Street, just off the Shankill, and my Dad was born in the house we lived in. My Mum is from Sandy Row. Indeed, I was up there last week getting pissed with my cousins round "The Boney".

I grew up in Carrickfergus, and I now live in Jordanstown cos I made a few quid. I know the people in Unionist West Belfast and South East Antrim. If some Islamo-radical tries to stop women going into Carrick library, frankly, they're gonna get their head kicked in and turfed into Belfast Lough.

Status
Not open for further replies.