Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The UK/European migrant problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has slid under the radar on what happens when you stand firm.
Two weeks ago they were fleeing war and using violence to force their way in to Poland
Now faced with a cold winter Iraq doesn't seem that bad

Migrant exodus from Belarus: Iraq airlifts hundreds back home and Poland claims victory after desperate people were weaponised by dictator Alexander Lukashenko in attempt to humiliate the EU

major exodus of migrants is underway from Belarus to Iraq as Poland claims victory in the battle for control of Europe's borders.

Hundreds who aimed to seek refugee status in the EU by breaking through the Polish border are now seeking daily flights back to the Middle East.

Video and pictures from Minsk airport shows the returnees - including children - awaiting repatriation flights.

Conflicting reports coming out about the girl who died trying to reach the UK to be with her fiance
Earlier he didn't want to be named as he had followed the same route

Now the BBC among others are claiming he "moved" here and holds full British Citizenship and is working a a barber in Bournemouth.

If he's a British Citizen and working here why couldn't he bring her in the legal route
Why has she gone through Europe from Northern Iraq and trying to enter illegally.

Plenty of blokes marry foreign totty without making them do a European tour first

I'm in the process of buying a small RIB + outboard for use as a tender at the moment, and it's probably going to cost me just short of £2000. When I see one of these things:
View attachment 618439

I wonder who's selling them? What is the legitimate purpose of something like that?
Now, If I was a Franjche Detectif, I think I would have the means to find out. I would also like to know whether the peoples on them are carrying any berms.

You wouldn´t want one of those! They´re not particularly well-made, and are designed for one trip only.

It´s been discussed on here before. They are made in China and smuggled to Europe via Turkey. The smugglers collect them in Germany.

There was also an article about them on the Daily Mail´s website a few days ago.

hypothetical question. If someone had a medium size legal boat and went into the channel and discovered a RIB , then threw them a line and secured them. Then sailed to the French coast with RIB in tow and beached these poor souls.
1 would the French navy interfere with your rescue
2 would HMG/ RNLI interfere with your rescue
You and chums have saved the lifes of many people. But govt. agencies may try and arrest you. What would the charge be? Would they get the rescued boat back into the channel and prove whats really going on?
An idea to bring a video camera to document the event. Both to show the world that govts are importing people. And also for your defence in court when you get nicked for rescuing people
This boat you find, is it in any danger or likely to sink?

Conflicting reports coming out about the girl who died trying to reach the UK to be with her fiance
Earlier he didn't want to be named as he had followed the same route

Now the BBC among others are claiming he "moved" here and holds full British Citizenship and is working a a barber in Bournemouth.

If he's a British Citizen and working here why couldn't he bring her in the legal route
Why has she gone through Europe from Northern Iraq and trying to enter illegally.

Plenty of blokes marry foreign totty without making them do a European tour first
Because it cost North of £10k, takes 6 years (minimum, that doesn't include the initial application and you need to have all your ducks in a row before starting that, then apply 3 months before 'hoping' for approval), you need to have savings of either £68k liquid for the last 6 months of each visa renewal (3 of them), or a provable income of at least £28k a year - and, and this is the kicker for these types, zero benefits until you get IRL at the end of it. You even pay an NHS surcharge upfront.

Just been through it with the missus - trust me, it was always a running joke that a quick day trip to Calais and we'd be quids in...

Last edited:
"any danger". I will say yes! It's a dinghy, overloaded, no safety equipment, an open boat in open water in winter. Yes, I would stay there's an element of danger and loss of life

Because it cost North of £10k, takes 6 years, you need to have savings of either £68k liquid for the last 6 months of each visa renewal (3 of them), or a provable income of at least £28k a year - and, and this is the kicker for these types, zero benefits until you get IRL at the end of it.

Just been through it with the missus - trust me, it was always a running joke that a quick day trip to Calais and we'd be quids in...
But surely that only applies to English people trying to bring in a foreign partner .
Foreign born (mostly East European females) were able to bring in so called partners (mostly African males)
As large amounts of money were exchanged this was big business at one time .
Perhaps stopped now due to us leaving the EU .

I'm in the process of buying a small RIB + outboard for use as a tender at the moment, and it's probably going to cost me just short of £2000. When I see one of these things:

There are hundreds being stored in this yard near Dover.

The article states that they are being kept as evidence, but presumably one day the more seaworthy boats will be auctioned off.

But surely that only applies to English people trying to bring in a foreign partner .
Foreign born (mostly East European females) were able to bring in so called partners (mostly African males)
As large amounts of money were exchanged this was big business at one time .
Perhaps stopped now due to us leaving the EU .
Yeah, maybe.

I remember at the time we started putting our plan together that we looked at all options as a matter of course, and being members of the EU allowed for the EU citizen (me) to feely move to an EU country, get a job for three months, get the missus over and then once we'd provided ''proof' of the relationship, quick hop to the UK and there was nothing the UK immigration could do about it. I recall Dublin being the desto of choice for language purposes.

I'm not sure that could lead to ILR, and it wasn't something we pursued as we could meet the official requirements anyway.

However, in the instance of getting over undesirables, yeah, that would have worked and they could disappear once they were in.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe.

I remember at the time we started putting our plan together that we looked at all options as a matter of course, and being members of the EU allowed for the EU citizen (me) to feely move to an EU country, get a job for three months, get the missus over and then once we'd provided ''proof' of the relationship, quick hop to the UK and there was nothing the UK immigration could do about it. I recall Dublin being the desto of choice for language purposes.

I'm not sure that could lead to ILR, and it wasn't something we pursued as we could meet the official requirements anyway.

However, in the instance of getting over undesirables, yeah, that would have worked and they could disappear once they were in.
Hope everything worked out for you both after jumping through all the hoops .

There are hundreds being stored in this yard near Dover.

The article states that they are being kept as evidence, but presumably one day the more seaworthy boats will be auctioned off.

Last year several of those boats that were videoed in the compound at Old Park miraculously landed on the beach again a few days later in new livery with the original markings still visible underneath.
HMG's response when confronted was to shoot the messenger(s).

Care4Calais are having a synchronized mince @ Downing St tomorrow and are likely to be met by some opposition.
FE_jpOFX0AEuH89

Do they seriously not see the connection between them encouraging illegals to cross the channel in small rubber boats and the illegals drowning in the channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.