Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UK/European migrant problem

Agreed - very much a French problem. My gut tells me that they turn a blind eye and even tacitly encourage them as they don’t want to have them, even though they should. (Given that France is deemed a “safe” country, and asylum seekers should seek refuge in the first “safe” country they reach).

I have seen French staff at Calais absent themselves as vehicles are stormed by Doctors, Teachers and Engineers.

I have seen French staff at Calais absent themselves as vehicles are stormed by Doctors, Teachers and Engineers.

Uh-huh.

Londo

LE
We need to play Australian Rules
Or Singapore ... The punishment for illegal immigration in the country are a mandatory caning sentence of not less than 3 strokes and a prison sentence
Gets very few repeat offenders

Awol

LE
Or Singapore ... The punishment for illegal immigration in the country are a mandatory caning sentence of not less than 3 strokes and a prison sentence
And Singapore continues as a valued member of the international community, which gives lie to the theory that a robust (read - commonsense) approach to immigration will make us international pariahs.

[
Following a different route, I found the following . . .

Channel crossings, migration and asylum-seeking routes through the EU

Inquiry

This inquiry will examine the reasons behind the growth in migrants crossing the English Channel in small boats. It will look at the role of criminal gangs in facilitating the growth of this form of illegal immigration and the response of UK and French authorities to combat illegal migration and support legal routes to asylum.

This inquiry is currently accepting evidence.

The committee wants to hear your views. We welcome submissions from anyone with answers to the questions in the call for evidence. You can submit evidence until Monday 14 September 2020.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +​

Which then LINKS to this . . . . time to get writing . . . . ;) !!

Call for evidence

Channel crossings, migration and asylum-seeking routes through the EU . . . .

Submissions should be received by 12 noon on Monday 14 September

Click on the start button below to submit written evidence.
[see link . . . ]

An Enquiry into the self evident with easy answers.

I just love the way the BBC say that more boat-loads of migrants have been 'intercepted and stopped'... and then taken to the nearest Holiday Inn. They always miss out the last bit.

giatttt

Old-Salt
Can't we ask the Navy to station one of these in Dover and make a daily trip to return the voyagers to their point of departure? This was apparently taken in the Mediterranean when the RN was rescuing migrants, so we know roughly how many we can return at a time.

They could even take any new migrant vessels they come across under tow and save them the dangers of the remainder of their quest.

1596811162257.png

Awol

LE
What’s truly scary is that if a political party appeared with some genuinely unpleasant policies, but guaranteed to stop this tsunami of unwanted humanity that is flooding ashore, a lot of people would hold their noses and vote for them.

Hitler didn’t appear in a vacuum.

Can't we ask the Navy to station one of these in Dover and make a daily trip to return the voyagers to their point of departure? This was apparently taken in the Mediterranean when the RN was rescuing migrants, so we know roughly how many we can return at a time.

They could even take any new migrant vessels they come across under tow and save them the dangers of the remainder of their quest.

View attachment 495228

because.....

the smart people smugglers dont issue lifejackets to their passengers.
why so? Because without a life jacket, they are defined as ‘in danger’ under international law and we have to pick them up.
and being as how it’s flying a UK flag, we’d have to disembark them on a beach at Dover.

Australia locks you up on an island overrun with crabs.

Australia locks you up on an island overrun with crabs.

We could lock them up on an island overrun with Dianne Abbott, they'd be praying for an island overrun with crabs after that

Latest Threads