The UK/European migrant problem

About 10 years ago, I was working with a Kenyan Asian. His favourite insult for me was White Somali. He didn't just call it me the once. He went on all week about it. Another contractor, overhearing this, mentioned that Somalis weren't so bad, as they had kicked the Jamaican drug dealers off Sheffield's streets, where he lived.
Wot so’s they could do khat. :mrgreen:

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Scum DEPORTED!

Some good news at last,

As long as they cannot ever return to this country.

Gen question - why is it that the Gulf States didn't take one single asylum seeker from the Syrian war? If people did try and go there they certainly wouldn't be let in. Why then do we have to?

Is it due to the ECHR? What is it exactly that states we must let people in and not deport them or stop them by force?

I suppose having so many self-loathing, lefty luvvies we wouldn't be allowed to sink the bastards en route, but I have a feeling that's what the Gulf States would do.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Who said that they had been let in? There is a largish number of illegals here, the number is just a guestimate, but it must be several 10s of thousands. A mixture of those smuggled in and turned down asylum applicants, plus those whose permits have expired. As for the rest of the EU dodging a bullet, they can and do freely move around in Schengenland no problem at all.
Been known to steal inflatables in the Pas de Calais area and enter ( with assistance from the French Navy) the land of the uber benefits as well.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
At least she is quite fit, speakes English and is trying to better herself. A lot better than some of the Non EU entitled parasites in hotels in Glasgow.
FOC

Gen question - why is it that the Gulf States didn't take one single asylum seeker from the Syrian war? If people did try and go there they certainly wouldn't be let in. Why then do we have to?

Is it due to the ECHR? What is it exactly that states we must let people in and not deport them or stop them by force?

I suppose having so many self-loathing, lefty luvvies we wouldn't be allowed to sink the bastards en route, but I have a feeling that's what the Gulf States would do.
Unfortunatly it is this crock of shit. Designed in 1951 at the height of the cold war, it badly needs reforming, but that is very unlikely to happen.

1951 Convention on Refugees.

That's what I found in my business, non stop attempts at fraud , payments they reckoned had been paid from their own " special " banks and hours of time wasted listening to their broken brained ramblings.
Anyone doing business with them specifically, or in Africa generally is well advised to get the money up front before a single item or service is delivered.

If the job involves having your assets in place there, be prepared to lose them or have an exit strategy set up to get your expats and movable assets out at the first sign of things going south. If you stick around after they miss a single payment, they've got you on the hook.

Expats flying for Nigerian companies would be paid later and later until they were a month behind, then paid a portion of their salary with promises of the rest in due course. Before you knew it, you were owed three months wages and on the hook, ie, working for free in the hope of getting what's owed. The scam became quite well known and sometimes involved companies holding the passports of workers.

Trick was to have a second passport and live out of a go bag. First hint that you didn't get your full salary on time and you're on the next flight home, leaving the company in the lurch. Should have got them to up their game but they began hiring stupid low time crew, desperate to get into shiny jets, so the cycle just repeated itself. I'm sure folks on here who worked there will be familiar with the practice.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

The wrong kind of Arabs, poor!

I hear the government have just passed a bill to stop freedom of movement from Europe.

Oyibo

LE
Anyone doing business with them specifically, or in Africa generally is well advised to get the money up front before a single item or service is delivered.

If the job involves having your assets in place there, be prepared to lose them or have an exit strategy set up to get your expats and movable assets out at the first sign of things going south. If you stick around after they miss a single payment, they've got you on the hook.

Expats flying for Nigerian companies would be paid later and later until they were a month behind, then paid a portion of their salary with promises of the rest in due course. Before you knew it, you were owed three months wages and on the hook, ie, working for free in the hope of getting what's owed. The scam became quite well known and sometimes involved companies holding the passports of workers.

Trick was to have a second passport and live out of a go bag. First hint that you didn't get your full salary on time and you're on the next flight home, leaving the company in the lurch. Should have got them to up their game but they began hiring stupid low time crew, desperate to get into shiny jets, so the cycle just repeated itself. I'm sure folks on here who worked there will be familiar with the practice.
Not just for pilots in Nigeria. Plenty of people in the oil industry got (and probably still get caught) that way. Thankfully I've never been in that situation, but I have met some expats who could not even afford a flight home.

No mate, go back to page 110 of this very thread and post number 2,189 on 2.11.2016
This is why but just to precis it down a bit

This and the all important Arab League (remember them?)
What are/were they doing for brother Arabs?

Road distances from Aleppo to Kuwait = 1691 kms, but 4,100 to Calais.
" " " Qatar = 2300 " but 4,100 to Calais
" " " Jeddah = 2019 " but 4,100 to Calais
" " " Riyadh = 1934 " but 4,100 to Calais
For Frankfurt deduct 600 kms.
For Stockholm add 640 kms.
Driving Distance Between Cities - Mileage Calculator

What on earth can drag them (without wild horses) 4,100 kms away from the right to wear burkas, sharia law and many brother fellow Arab states full of bountiful generosity to want to live here among us infidels?
And give a total stranger en route circa €5000+ each for the privilege?
Not very Islamic after all is it?

You may have just answered your own question.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs

Should any operator in a country do that, that country should go straight onto a blacklist, and be banned from flying to Western countries, and have any assets there frozen. Individual airframes operated by offending operators/countries should also be flagged for seizure if they should ever venture to the civilised world, and even if they are sold. Such airplanes should be red flagged, so prospective purchasers will know to avoid these, making their re-sale value near worthless.

Latest Threads