The UK/European migrant problem

I've been in an argument with a bloke (imagine that!) on FB about the British government's response to the current crisis, and he insists that Germany is doing far better in combatting the problem, what would your take on this be?
The German testing strategy may be distorting their reported death rate. There are concerns that it will start to ramp up in the coming days.

syrup

LE
The German testing strategy may be distorting their reported death rate. There are concerns that it will start to ramp up in the coming days.
Chap on R4 yesterday seemed to think they were checking all the fitness freaks first which as you say is skewing results.
They've been checking Alpine skiers and gym queens.

I did also read somewhere that the German population is a bit heathier than the rest of Europe since Herr Hitler's scheme to get rid off the sick lame and lazy a few generations back.
Allegedly had trouble recruiting Oompah Loompah's in the 70's for the Charlie and the Chocolate factory filming in Germany due to the same reason.

Where did that last bit come from? The virologists here are cautiously optimistic about the results of self quarantine, but say more definite figures will be available round about Easter, when they anticipate a noticeable reduction in the rate of new cases.
As for testing strategy I don't think that there is one, as health matters are largely the responsibility of the individual Bundesländer rather than the Federal Govt.

Seadog

ADC
.... but due to german bureaucracy they cannot get recognised as doctors.
Bureaucracy is what makes sure unregistered foreign doctors are what and who they say they are, their papers are genuine and they can read, write and speak/understand German.

I don’t expect the GMC will lower its standards and take a candidate
(refugee or stranded holiday maker) at their word either.

Where did that last bit come from? The virologists here are cautiously optimistic about the results of self quarantine, but say more definite figures will be available round about Easter, when they anticipate a noticeable reduction in the rate of new cases.
As for testing strategy I don't think that there is one, as health matters are largely the responsibility of the individual Bundesländer rather than the Federal Govt.
You don't agree?

OK.

Bureaucracy is what makes sure unregistered foreign doctors are what and who they say they are, their papers are genuine and they can read, write and speak/understand German.

I hope not, but they have history for letting it happen:

And I've been trying to find a link to the case of the 'German' doctor (African in truth) who caused the death of a patient in Britain a few years back.

ETA: Here it is:

Seadog

ADC
I hope not, but they have history for letting it happen:
It seems that the linguistically challenged Italian doctor was first licenced in the UK in the days when EU doctors did not have to pass an English language test. Canadians, Kiwis, Aussies with English as their mother tongue were examined, Italians etc not so much.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I hope not another six million!

I've been suspiciously comparing the stats for a while.

Why doesn't the eu require uniformal information for stats?

That would be useful.

In this case it is simply far too much bureaucracy and it takes too long. Language tests have been part of the proceedure for some time, but over the years things became much more complicated. One Syrian doctor who came to Germany in the early 80s stated it was quite simple for him back then, language test plus a couple of months working under supervision and then off on his own. It worked.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
It seems that as far as the so called UK Border Force is concerned it's all about human rights regardless of whether they are illegal, diseased or terrorists.
Or they took the 'fare' so will do the pick up

It seems that as far as the so called UK Border Force is concerned it's all about human rights regardless of whether they are illegal, diseased or terrorists.
Yes and the human rights being protected are those of the illegals.

NOT those of the British taxpayer who will be paying for these parasites, and quite likely being blown up or stabbed by them in years to come. Not to mention having their children raped by them.

Still when ever did any government agency in Britain ever act in the interests in the people that pay their wages?.

syrup

LE
We are saved, more doctors coming

Effectively the war on illegal immigration is over.
The immigrants, the people smugglers and the do gooders have won.
They don't even need to make the crossing these days just get out of French Waters and ring for the boarder service to pick them up.
The French are not willing to put a stop to it as it's lessening their problems with them.
In fact plenty of evidence suggests that all you have to do is clear Greece and make it clear your heading for England and plenty of blind eyes will be turned.
Even once they are here the various agencies are so disjointed you just nod and are released to report somewhere at a later date and off you go.
My own MP will tell you it doesn't matter how much strain they put on the NHS or housing we must take them.
Yet the same woman will sit on the BBC blaming the Tories for NHS waiting lists.
The Governments hands are tied they can't set up a "jungle" like French allow as your Allen's and Lineaker's will be screaming Nazi from the roof tops.

Me I'd bring them ashore and let them go, there you are you've made it.
Where am I staying, where's my money, my house, my treatment on the NHS.
Your not entitled to anything, your not a refugee you left a safe country.
So off you go enjoy the UK and on behalf of the UK Government please accept this cup a soup as a free meal and welcome.
I wish to claim asylum
Where from France sorry we don't accept asylum claims from France no need you see.
I'm Iranian
Can you prove it? No then see your stateless we can't deport you and you can't claim asylum.

So run along we've other things to do.

I would also imagine those in the black economy are not having so much fun now either

Effectively the war on illegal immigration is over.
The immigrants, the people smugglers and the do gooders have won.
They don't even need to make the crossing these days just get out of French Waters and ring for the boarder service to pick them up.
The French are not willing to put a stop to it as it's lessening their problems with them.
In fact plenty of evidence suggests that all you have to do is clear Greece and make it clear your heading for England and plenty of blind eyes will be turned.
Even once they are here the various agencies are so disjointed you just nod and are released to report somewhere at a later date and off you go.
My own MP will tell you it doesn't matter how much strain they put on the NHS or housing we must take them.
Yet the same woman will sit on the BBC blaming the Tories for NHS waiting lists.
The Governments hands are tied they can't set up a "jungle" like French allow as your Allen's and Lineaker's will be screaming Nazi from the roof tops.

Me I'd bring them ashore and let them go, there you are you've made it.
Where am I staying, where's my money, my house, my treatment on the NHS.
Your not entitled to anything, your not a refugee you left a safe country.
So off you go enjoy the UK and on behalf of the UK Government please accept this cup a soup as a free meal and welcome.
I wish to claim asylum
Where from France sorry we don't accept asylum claims from France no need you see.
I'm Iranian
Can you prove it? No then see your stateless we can't deport you and you can't claim asylum.

So run along we've other things to do.

I would also imagine those in the black economy are not having so much fun now either
Re the black economy, great to see the recently popped up customer less barber shops-6 within a 1 mile radius of my gaff- all firmly shuttered .

Re the black economy, great to see the recently popped up customer less barber shops-6 within a 1 mile radius of my gaff- all firmly shuttered .
No doubt they'll be on some sort of welfare scam.

Government probably now paying thousands of ghost businesses with the bailout. Possibly the biggest money laundering scam ever!

Latest Threads