The UK/European migrant problem

Published by: Max Zander (Lesbos), DW, on 25 January 2020.

Lesbos: 'We want our island back'

More than 50,000 refugees are stuck on the Greek islands, living in appalling conditions. The situation is also impacting on the local population, who want change. Max Zander reports from Lesbos.

Mytilini is normally just a small, sleepy town, but today it's thronged with people. The town center is a sea of white and blue — the colors of the Greek national flag. More than 9,000 people have followed a summons by the local governor, Konstantinos Moutzouris, and have come from all over Lesbos to Mytilini to protest against the Greek government's migration policy. It's the biggest protest in the island's history. The road around the little harbor is packed with people of all ages. They're joining forces to make their voices heard and do something about the situation on their Aegean island, which for them has become unbearable . . . .

View attachment 446108

View attachment 446109

They must long for the days when Lesbos was just a tourist destination for birkenstock clad bull dykes

"Intercepted"?

View attachment 446003

So we prevented them from continuing to their destination did we?

I'm sure the BBC and MSM deliberately use misleading terms like this so anyone glancing over the headline will think "oh nice one - that was close - they nearly made it it the UK - thankfully they were intercepted by our Border Force and prevented from coming here - must have gone back to France then" :rolleyes:

"The Border Force HELPED a boat full of Unidentified Illegals enter the country" would be a far more accurate headline.
Other definition in the Cambridge dictionary has
"to stop and catch something or someone before that thing or person is able to reach a particular place" so take your pick!

The sanitation on Lesbos was vile when it was a tourist spot. Feck knows what it's like now it's filled with rapey savages/engineering space doctors.

syrup

LE
The sanitation on Lesbos was vile when it was a tourist spot. Feck knows what it's like now it's filled with rapey savages/engineering space doctors.

You'd think they'd use their engineering / rocket scientist / doctor / science skills to replumb the place and build attractive new places to live instead of just sitting round demanding the world does everything for them since they've crossed some water.

You'd think they'd use their engineering / rocket scientist / doctor / science skills to replumb the place and build attractive new places to live instead of just sitting round demanding the world does everything for them since they've crossed some water.
On their iPhone 20s?

Anyone who has an iPhone needs to be shot. It's a sign of smugness, gayness and any other -ness you care to mention. Don't buy an I-whatever kids: you'll be more hated than Scousers.

Sanitation you say, what did the Romans ever do for Lesbos?

Put a big magnet on a Buoy in the channel, and their compasses will be out, next stop Greenland
Simples
how much money do I earn for my Amazing idea ?
I have a better idea...

Have CBF deploy these along the coast.

The husband of a work colleague was fined £400 when he arrived at Dover with an immigrant on top of a combine harvester on his lowloader.
Coming down hard on traffickers I fully support, but it's not my work colleague's husband's job to police the UK border.

How very dare you, we all know the children of the religion of peace are at the forefront of scientific achievement, their altruism covers the world!!!

YM

If I were him, I'd be attending the local No Borders branch meeting, and demanding they pay him the £400.
When he said there's no way he was going to pay it & he'd rather go to prison, my colleague laughed given her job & told him he wouldn't last five minutes.
But I like your idea.

The husband of a work colleague was fined £400 when he arrived at Dover with an immigrant on top of a combine harvester on his lowloader.
Coming down hard on traffickers I fully support, but it's not my work colleague's husband's job to police the UK border.
Funny as It might seem but he is. He is responsible for his vehicle and contents as are we all.

Latest Threads