The UK/European migrant problem

As long as the NHS doesn't have to treat them for reconstructive surgery after. I always thought the application of a swastika in Inglorious Bastards was an excellent aid to identification those less desirable elements in society.
* Other symbols available*
Just need a Bear Jew to meet out punishment

An interesting argument was that it was Tony Blair's surveillance nightmare. Everything was to be linked to the card, and most government departments (and possibly a few non-government ones) would have had access, and that is why it failed.

However, there may be a case for a ID card that confirms the holder is who he says he is, and maybe an address, but nothing more. In such a case the humble driving licence is a good example, it is pretty much used as an ID card and confirmation of address already.

The down side is that Blair's idea has screwed the public perception, so that the idea is politically toxic, and how do you prevent mission creep on the card?
And how much he was paying Labour donors, to implement it.

And how much he was paying Labour donors, to implement it.
And how much those Labour doners may have been 'bunging' His Toniness for the privilige of implimenting this.

IIRC, a few hundred million were wasted on this before it was established it scheme was unworkable.

Shocking lack of European solidarity by the Royal Gibraltar Police. Proactively looking out for suspicious immigration patterns followed by nicking everyone involved. Has nobody explained the good European way is to wave them over the border?

An interesting argument was that it was Tony Blair's surveillance nightmare. Everything was to be linked to the card, and most government departments (and possibly a few non-government ones) would have had access, and that is why it failed.

However, there may be a case for a ID card that confirms the holder is who he says he is, and maybe an address, but nothing more. In such a case the humble driving licence is a good example, it is pretty much used as an ID card and confirmation of address already.

The down side is that Blair's idea has screwed the public perception, so that the idea is politically toxic, and how do you prevent mission creep on the card?
As I said before, the Belgian one was linked to the NI system in their country in other words when it's checked they know who yer wife is, how many kids you have, where you work, if on bens etc, when you last visited the doctors and yer medication.

Others on the other hand are linked as a slightly small version of the Passport which proves nothing in itself. We don't live in a country where Police have the right to challenge you're identity or the legality of your passing by. I still have mine because it's only just run out and because I was issued it as a "security operative". Now if you link the ID card with the NI system and the NHS system so that you have to produce it when you claim something and not some sort of guarantee as to who or what you are it shouldn't be a problem. Now something I learned from my ungracious trip was they can do something like that the NHS can call up your records wherever you are. So use the NHS no on the ID card and bobs your great uncle-then link that to NI number and Fannual is yer great aunt

Good to see the actual mastermind behind the PC killing finally getting EO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Custody in a Pakistani prison whilst he awaits extradition will not be a walk in the park, either. The longer he is in jail there, the better.

Latest Threads