The UK/European migrant problem

Slime

LE
I was just listening to a report on the 39 people being found dead.

If the people had done the routine of throwing away their passports or documents Essex police would be in for a very hard time in identifying the bodies.

Who will be the first MP to call for cancelling Brexit as a result ?
I'll have £5 on Dianne Abbott and a side bet on David Lammy .

From the article
"The force said the lorry came from Bulgaria and entered the country via Holyhead on Saturday."
May be the Cherbourg to Rosslare option is now seen as a safer option to avoid detection ?
I wonder how many others have taken this route ?

War Hero
From the article
"The force said the lorry came from Bulgaria and entered the country via Holyhead on Saturday."
May be the Cherbourg to Rosslare option is now seen as a safer option to avoid detection ?
Also from the article...

The lorry driver, a 25-year-old man from Northern Ireland, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Poor reporting by The BBC? It is unimaginable that anybody actually intended thirty nine illegal immigrants to die in the back of this lorry.

Also from the article...

Poor reporting by The BBC? It is unimaginable that anybody actually intended thirty nine illegal immigrants to die in the back of this lorry.
It's the police that suspect him of murder, not the BBC. What should they have said; "The police have arrested a man for something up with which we will not put."?

Whining Civvy

Old-Salt
I'm guessing asphyxiation?

God I hope they weren't Bulgarian prostitutes.

If the people had done the routine of throwing away their passports or documents Essex police would be in for a very hard time in identifying the bodies.
Confirmed.

Last edited:
Also from the article...

Indeed. Unless he had a hose going from the exhaust in to the container it looks as though it 'should' be manslaughter. An over emotional journo or police spokes-person (I'm hoping that I am allowed to assume their species?) may have been involved.

EDIT: The spokes-person does actually use the word 'murder' in their presentation. The truck allegedly came in to Holyhead three days ago, so I wonder if the driver panicked and left the container locked up somewhere?

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt

39 fewer doctors and engineers then.

Also from the article...

Like most of the media, standards have been allowed to slip, and bad reporting of this nature is not uncommon.

Manslaughter is what the CPS will go for.

Tragic either way.

Time for a wake-up call on the west coast, as this will not have been the first lot to come in that way, and it won't be the last.

Who will be the first MP to call for cancelling Brexit as a result ?
I'll have £5 on Dianne Abbott and a side bet on David Lammy .
Neither of those two are likely to let a bandwagon slip by.

War Hero
Like most of the media, standards have been allowed to slip, and bad reporting of this nature is not uncommon.

Tragic either way.

Time for a wake-up call on the west coast, as this will not have been the first lot to come in that way, and it won't be the last.
In this instance, it is the police saying murder... I clearly maligned the BBC on this occasion.

Ms Doyle Price said:
"People trafficking is a vile and dangerous business," [Thurrock MP]Ms Doyle-Price tweeted, adding that she hoped Essex Police could "bring these murderers to justice".
More than one of the murdering bastards then...

NemoIII

War Hero

Tragic either way.

How will the driver go down for manslaughter?

Genuine question, but if it had been broken into and another immigrant had closed the door then how would he know? Whats the actual regulations on locking the trailer? Looks like a fridge to me, might have parked up for his weekly rest with the fridge running, would he have to actually check inside?

From the article
RIP to the victims

Like back in 2000 with 58 folk from China including kids dead and two survivors in truck at Dover. The driver smuggler aptly named Perry Wacker did porridge for 14 years. Ironically they were stopped interrogated by Gendamarie in Belgium fortnight or so before the tragedy bu the Belgians just gave slap on wrist and let them go.
Maybe if they physically deported them on airline, the outcome be different,.

Not saying if the Garda did their jobs with Irish Customs...could this be adverted?

Cheers

RIP to the victims

Like back in 2000 with 58 folk from China including kids dead and two survivors in truck at Dover. The driver smuggler aptly named Perry Wacker did porridge for 14 years. Ironically they were stopped interrogated by Gendamarie in Belgium fortnight or so before the tragedy bu the Belgians just gave slap on wrist and let them go.
Maybe if they physically deported them on airline, the outcome be different,.

Not saying if the Garda did their jobs with Irish Customs...could this be adverted?

Cheers
This could very well be the wake up call the Gardai and Customs need to take this seriously. Unfortunately as you said, it cost 39 lives.

Latest Threads