The UK/European migrant problem

At least one good thing may come of this and that is a stop on ships picking up these illegals.
The law of unintended consequences sometimes has its uses.:-D

Forgot to mention that the piccy of the MG plus a can of link warmed the heart of my cockles. Made my day.

Kudos to the Italian government in forcing a change to Op Sophia, the EU operation to combat human trafficking / training of the Libyan coastguard. The operation was due to end on Sunday will now be extended by 6 months but will use aircraft instead of ships. One less option for economic migrants to get to the land of milk and honey.

EU to end ship patrols in scaled down Operation Sophia

Kudos to the Italian government in forcing a change to Op Sophia, the EU operation to combat human trafficking / training of the Libyan coastguard. The operation was due to end on Sunday will now be extended by 6 months but will use aircraft instead of ships. One less option for economic migrants to get to the land of milk and honey.

EU to end ship patrols in scaled down Operation Sophia
Hopefully the ariel component will simply consist of turboprops towing banners with 'Feck off we're full' on them in a variety of exotic languages.

As told to me by an ex Met copper; this is the great UK Illegal Smuggling Racket and our wonderful banana republic. Multinational UK-based gangs and 'travel agents' are ferrying migrants illegal passengers in cheap RHIBS - often without lifejackets - on to our beaches, purely for profit. £5000 a bod. One such scheme involved Jet Skis, Gang who planned to bring migrants to UK on jet skis convicted.

Brits and Albanian gangs, but there's all sorts at it. Thankfully these doofus entrepreneurs operate in broad daylight. They aren't particularly intelligent. Easy pickings for law/immigration enforcement, then they just clog up the jails and the illegals get spirited away, classed as victims.

But apart from the idiots, things aren't going to improve when exercising the law and immigration checks - "legal immigration" under the government's "fair and humane immigration policies" - are apparently "creating a hostile environment".

Don't bother about it, there are dozens of criminal gangs, barmy pro migrant lobbies, not a few certifiably insane politicos, and corrupt CS out there. They don't do trivial stuff like them there immigration laws nor even the legitimate government, who have to send out Home Office immigration bods to track down all the illegals.

As told to me by an ex Met copper; this is the great UK Illegal Smuggling Racket and our wonderful banana republic. Multinational UK-based gangs and 'travel agents' are ferrying migrants illegal passengers in cheap RHIBS - often without lifejackets - on to our beaches, purely for profit. £5000 a bod. One such scheme involved Jet Skis, Gang who planned to bring migrants to UK on jet skis convicted.

Brits and Albanian gangs, but there's all sorts at it. Thankfully these doofus entrepreneurs operate in broad daylight. They aren't particularly intelligent. Easy pickings for law/immigration enforcement, then they just clog up the jails and the illegals get spirited away, classed as victims.

But apart from the idiots, things aren't going to improve when exercising the law and immigration checks - "legal immigration" under the government's "fair and humane immigration policies" - are apparently "creating a hostile environment".

Don't bother about it, there are dozens of criminal gangs, barmy pro migrant lobbies, not a few certifiably insane politicos, and corrupt CS out there. They don't do trivial stuff like them there immigration laws nor even the legitimate government, who have to send out Home Office immigration bods to track down all the illegals.
Add to that bent and corrupt councils who are perfectly happy to house illegals, no doubt for kickbacks. Plenty of that going on in certain London boroughs.

Add to that bent and corrupt councils who are perfectly happy to house illegals, no doubt for kickbacks. Plenty of that going on in certain London boroughs.
More the 'hostile environment' argument, lately. Local government administers access to funds, lobbied and overseen by activists, and they administer local social services. But yes , there's no doubt London councils have form over decades. Not entirely sure how much authority and control Westminster has left, tbh.

It's why I stopped worrying about it all, nothing you can do. Civil society and human rights would seem to lead beyond legitimate democratic authority, or consent, for that matter. Best go down the pub or gym, and stop worrying.

Immigration check outcry sees officers removed by councils

Feck! Are they looking for drivers? I could come out of retirement for that.

Shouldn't the question be more was Oscar Wilde gentle with his men
What, Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar. The terror of the ladies. 114 illegitimate children, world heavyweight boxing champion and author of the best-selling pamphlet "Why I Like To Do It With Girls."?

What, Big, bearded, bonking, butch Oscar. The terror of the ladies. 114 illegitimate children, world heavyweight boxing champion and author of the best-selling pamphlet "Why I Like To Do It With Girls."?
You-know-who walt.

The BBC beats the drum for illegal immigration,

Life as immigration detainee 'like hell'

Don't want to end up in detention as an illegal?. then keep OUT of Britain.
They're all at it in the media. Same with Sky flogging the holy trinity of race, gender and Brexit 24/7. Ditch the telly and the media for a long and happy life with less stress. Nevertheless, migrant issues are old hat and imho unsolvable now, tbh. It's the screaming skulls of identity politics, activists, and Brexit who'll send us all round the twist and drive this country further down the crapper.