The UK/European migrant problem

Well . . . yes! But, don't let the facts get in the way of a good "poster" headline ;) !!

Note: it refers to the medics' journal "The Lancet".

View attachment 370881
If it's on an image downloaded from the internet, it must be true. A quick search couldn't find it on their website.

How many of those migrants pay tax? I guess that you have no idea.

What is the total cost to the NHS of those migrants, and how does this compare to the average 'non-migrant'? I guess that you have no idea.

My missus is a migrant (from the US). She contributes significantly more to the NHS than she has ever taken out of it.

If it's on an image downloaded from the internet, it must be true. A quick search couldn't find it on their website.

What is the total cost to the NHS of those migrants, and how does this compare to the average 'non-migrant'? I guess that you have no idea.

My missus is a migrant (from the US). She contributes significantly more to the NHS than she has ever taken out of it.
They're Schrondinger's migrants, they're all doctors, scientists and engineers, but somehow we have a desperate shortage of doctors in the UK despite them arriving by the millions

My missus is a migrant (from the US). She contributes significantly more to the NHS than she has ever taken out of it.[/QUOTE
Presumably your mrs pays tax, obeys our laws and doesn't want to change our way of life.
Therefore not the subject of this discussion.
When I worked 50% of the workforce were Polish, they are also not the subject of this discussion.

Did she cross the Atlantic in a dinghy? No?

I bet she applied for a visa and all the rest of the legalities. I bet she, or you, didn't give get an NHS number by subterfuge.

Do you have any proof that the millions of unregistered, illegal immigrants are paying tax? Given that the government has no idea how many are in the country they have no idea who's paying tax or not. And given the thousands who have been rounded up by agencies working illegally, and the thousands who come in who are released to 'report to a centre' but who never do, there's not a ******* scooby how many are working on the black economy.

Ahh,your missus is contributing so all migrants do.

I see.

Nope. Unfortunately being neither Welsh or in the power industry my knowledge is limited to knowing it exists.
Basically they got a bunch of boffins in. They used stats, surveys, all that jazz. Half way through the drill down the the bore hole started cracking. So they did more scientific stuff.

Anyway, eventually as a long shot, they asked an old boy in. He'd worked the mountain for years. H came up, had a look and used his years of common sense and acclimatisation to the area to change the drilling a bit.

Lo. No more shattering of slate.

Sometimes you don't need big long scientific processes to know what to do to fix something.

I bet she applied for a visa and all the rest of the legalities. I bet she, or you, didn't give get an NHS number by subterfuge.

Do you have any proof that the millions of unregistered, illegal immigrants are paying tax? Given that the government has no idea how many are in the country they have no idea who's paying tax or not. And given the thousands who have been rounded up by agencies working illegally, and the thousands who come in who are released to 'report to a centre' but who never do, there's not a ******* scooby how many are working on the black economy.
Where does it say that the migrants allegedly reffereded to in the Lancet are illegal?

Not what I said, was it? Are you able to offer an answer as to how many of those migrants registering with GPs were illegal?
Are you able to prove any of them are legal?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Racist!

As a minimum, one. I've got a photo of my girlfriend's passport with her ILR (As well as her British one).
Well done you. So there's one legal out of 6.5 million.

Keep trying.

As you know it is not a shortage of health care professionals that is the problem.
It is the excess of excessively paid and useless self serving managers that is.
It might be good headline material, but apart from CE level, pay for non clinical NHS staff is much more modest. However, like MOD, few have real commercial experience of how to run a customer-focussed Service. And there are no incentives nor sanctions in real terms (ie bonus vs sacking) to encourage delivery of efficienciess.