The UK/European migrant problem

Been saying this for years, its so obvious. There is the beginnings of backlashes, Trump being the obvious and it will worsen. Those that are playing politics with immigration, religion and equality think that they can either win over time or care very little for the damage they do to the classes that they are meddling with. Those classes will though grow up more radical, more disaffected and more likely to vote for populist right wing politicians.
The rich, or very well educated who derive a comfy career from their education and control policy, the courts and politics, have been insulated and really have lost touch with reality living in their global village.

The backlash is very slow building and I suspect is not big enough, because the younger millenial generation are living in a giant echo chamber created by educationalists and media. When they reach a certain point and realise how much they have been stitched up, I would expect some reaction and that will be nothing like the quiet mumbles of complaint in this age.

Remember America has had identity politics decades before this nation and trump is 20 years ahead of the UK.

Drive on the roads-especially the autobahns?.

If so next time you see a trailor with (say) Netherland or Belgian plates, have a look at what plates the tractor unit has, and in many cases it will be eastern European.

Was it well reported in Germany that Volkswagen threatened to close their Wolfsburg plant and move it to Poland if the workforce would not accept an effective pay cut?.
What did the so-called left-wing union have to say about this?

not sure if this has been posted but there now video evidence of NGO┬┤s coaching migrants on lying, telling stories, faking being a christian and acting their way through asylum interviews. Interestingly it has not been picked up by the western media, only RT is reporting it in spite of it being open and shut, cut and dried.

if true, this is deplorable.

because it reduces the chances AND possible aid given to people who really need the aid.

Now that, could be a discussion worth its own thread. Trouble is trying to pull it off without the usual suspects crayoning would be difficult.
Try and move any debate towards a truth and you will always attract a horde of the crayoning species and I don't raise new threads for that fact, its a ballache to constantly deal with the pecking and personal attacks for something that is supposed to be a bit of fun.

But, trump is what berlusconi was 15 years before him. Sychronicity, we will have our trump in the not distant future.

It's often quoted by someone that British foreign policy for the last 250 years has been to prevent Europe fulfilling their destiny of becoming a United States of Europe.

How arrogant is that policy? Have British politicians been right in pursuing that policy, despite the seismic shift in the European dynamics, or have our political class only become incompetent retards of late with their BREXIT cluster fcuk?
I don't know where you obtained that quote but since the eighteenth century Britain has always acted in such a way as to prevent any one state ruling Europe, ostensibly to prevent such rulers from dominating sea traffic.

I don't know where you obtained that quote but since the eighteenth century Britain has always acted in such a way as to prevent any one state ruling Europe, ostensibly to prevent such rulers from dominating sea traffic.
@Dan Gleebles also glosses over the fact that every attempt to form a united Europe has been led by meglamaniac's who cared for the power with no thought for the consequences for Europeans themselves.

If I could be arsed, I'd dig out posts by @Graculus and @Brotherton Lad who often use it as a point of reference.

Although our foreign policy was aimed at preventing any one state ruling Europe, that's a little different to preventing Europe from becoming a single state.

Besides, when was it decided that we were the best arbiters of foreign affairs?

If I could be arsed, I'd dig out posts by @Graculus and @Brotherton Lad who often use it as a point of reference.

Although our foreign policy was aimed at preventing any one state ruling Europe, that's a little different to preventing Europe from becoming a single state.

Yes, Prime Minister and that is a fictional show with some truth in it.... England has been very tolerant of rising powers in europe and only set about them when one starts throwing its weight about (France, Germany, Russia, Spain).

I've had a number of conversations with visitors over the last year with visitors from places like Sweden, Poland and Denmark who feel the wider EU is weakened by the putative loss of a pragmatic UK acting as a counter-weight to a Berlin-Paris axis.

Leaving the EU table does increase the potential strength of that axis.

when we ruled the world, or at least the parts of it that were useful, we didn't have half the dramas we had now.

If we'd started blasting daesh gobsh*tes from cannon muzzles, that problem would have gone away toot sweet.

I've had a number of conversations with visitors over the last year with visitors from places like Sweden, Poland and Denmark who feel the wider EU is weakened by the putative loss of a pragmatic UK acting as a counter-weight to a Berlin-Paris axis.

And I've had numerous conversations on my travels in Europe with French, Dutch, Belgian, Spanish and Portuguese who, by a large majority, agree with our desire to leave the EU and who wish their country was doing the same.

and these countries were doing what, precisely, during David's negotiations?

have these visitors apologised for their lack of support to their most ardent champion?