The UK/European migrant problem

As viewed by satirical mainstream media a couple of weeks ago,

View attachment 352846

everyone who tastes power is apt to abuse it, is the general message.
There is a proper shitstorm coming here in relation to real cutbacks and austerity in public budgets.
He would be mad to go down this road re. immigration, an absolute gift to those right of centre come next year and then his re-election prospects.

Non French nationals cannot vote in national elections here, only for the local mayor but look at what some are proposing though.....

In France, giving votes to the vote-less

No wonder the Army has 15,000 extra vacancies this year and the Gendarmerie 10,000 as well.
That would be me. I thought this was a good idea at the last Presidential election and almost did it. Having lived here since 1983, despite paying all my taxes, I don't have a vote except in local and European elections. That right will be removed come Brexit as I will be a TCN. The reason I haven't asked for French nationality? I worked for the MoD and couldn't have applied for that job if I had held French nationality.

Regarding the second point, so many police/prison warders/public security personnel can't hack the pressure put on them now. Every week there are suicides. The system is cracking.

Either the wrong mindset, attitude or political will is lacking or the EU simply fails to address the serious issues Europe faces.

It's not as if it's a recent problem either, yet Brussels is clueless.

EU push to clean up migration mess only makes it messier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apart from enriching the hordes of EU apparatchiks, the EU spends, wastes £billions on absolutely useless vanity schemes like this one, with no noticeable benefit to anyone except those same apparatchiks who get their snouts in the trough... http://synonblog.dailymail.co.uk/20...-corps-ready-to-swamp-hms-foreign-office.html
snip "The so-called European External Action Service (EEAS) will have an annual budget of £5.8 billion and an army of ambassadors across 137 embassies, with up to 7,000 Eurocrats trained to pursue the EU’s foreign policy"
These are some of the lavish benefits they get,
"They, and the rest of the staff, will all benefit from a generous range of perks including expatriation allowance, installation allowance, resettlement allowance, removal expenses, cost of living salary weighting, daily subsistence allowance, travel expenses, car allowance/driver, household allowance, birth/adoption of child allowance, child education allowance, pre-school allowance, parental leave allowance, entertainment expenses, overtime, annual leave and pension – all calculated according to 18 pay grades.
The generosity begins at the top. Baroness Ashton, as EU foreign secretary, is being paid £313,213 a year – almost two-and-a-half times British Foreign Secretary William Hague’s salary of £138,000 Ashton’s annual pension after five years as EU foreign secretary plus one year as EU Trade Commissioner will be £62,925. When she leaves Brussels, she will get moving expenses and a golden handshake of an astonishing £445,674."

Is that the one that ordered the destruction of a shitload of Viking-era relics?
That turned out to not be nearly as bad as it was originally portrayed. The items destroyed were all things that they already had multiple examples of and there was very little to be learnt from them. It is apparently done every now and then to open up storage space for the things they really want to keep.

That turned out to not be nearly as bad as it was originally portrayed. The items destroyed were all things that they already had multiple examples of and there was very little to be learnt from them. It is apparently done every now and then to open up storage space for the things they really want to keep.
No reason to doubt you however why destroy something that on the open market has value?

Im interested to know what your interest in his interest is?
I'm interested in what your interest in his interest in his interest is.....etc.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No reason to doubt you however why destroy something that on the open market has value?
The stuff they destroyed doesn't really have a market value though, most of it was small pieces of every day objects, ship rivets, nails etc. You would have to be even nerdier than I am to want to buy it.

Second issue is museums releasing artefacts on to the open market helps mask the activities of the scumbags who loot archaeological sites and then sell what they find. The more people there are selling artefacts, the harder they are to spot.