The UK/European migrant problem

More celebrations of diversity :-(

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/man-charged-rape-17-year-14917435

snip "Saddam Muhamadaim, aged 25, of Blacker Road, Huddersfield, has been charged with three counts of rape and one count of attempted rape.
Abdul Latif Salih, 35, of Trinity Street, Huddersfield, has been charged with sexual assault and two counts of attempted rape.
Bahaldin Doud, 20, of Village Terrace in Leeds, has been charged with two counts of attempted rape."

Not quite immigration, however the GCP in Bonn scored an own goal last week. A 50 year old Israeli professor living in the States had come over to give a lecture at the university and was attacked by a German citizen with a North African background (either born here of North African parents or naturalised), the attacker knocked the professors Kippa to the ground a number of times. Meanwhile somebody had called the police and the attacker legged it with the professor in pursuit. So our dear friends and protectors in two cars rolled up and tackled the man, knocked him to the ground, hit him and cuffed him. Later they managed to arrest the attacker.
Cue lots of grovelling and regrets, a police spokesman emphasised how much they regretted the treatment of the poor professor. The Polizeipräsidentin (Chief Constable) went to visit the professor in hospital and the Innenminister announced that he had directed that the matter be investigated.
I can see at least 2 coppers hat in hand minus coffee standing in front of a mahogany bomber trying to talk their way out of that one.

20-Jähriger attackiert Professor und droht ihn zu töten - jetzt sitzt er in Haft

Further to my post 8792 I have just heard on the evening news that the Stadt Bochum, where Sami A lived, is somewhat underwhelmed by the courts decision to have him returned. Bochum has announced that it will appeal against the court decision. They definitely do not want him back, ever.

Echo On

On ROPS
On ROPs
A lot of people have serious problems with migration and the vast majority are against it. But the numbers have levelled off and we needed them to fill gaps in the job market. Everything will be fine now, stop rocking the boat.
Roll forward 60 years and we find ourselves living with the consequences of that attitude. The usual answer is "So What", which is fine, if you have money, but I wish the Government and media would stop pretending its not a problem.

A lot of people have serious problems with migration and the vast majority are against it. But the numbers have levelled off and we needed them to fill gaps in the job market. Everything will be fine now, stop rocking the boat.
Why do we need net migration of 300,000 a year, a city the size of Cardiff, to fill gaps in the job market?

I have a friend who works in a large office building. Every one of the cleaners is East European. The town where he works has thousands claiming JobSeekers.

On a recent trip to London I once again stayed in a large hotel where not one of the staff I encountered was British.

My home is in a fairly rural area. We already have local farmers starting to panic about getting next years' harvest in if, post Brexit, they can't import shed loads of foreigners who will work from dawn till dusk for minimum wage.

Real gaps in the job market mainly involve very highly skilled workers like doctors, academics and a decent first team for Manchester United. We don't need to import cleaners or people to pick fruit.

Roll forward 60 years and we find ourselves living with the consequences of that attitude. The usual answer is "So What", which is fine, if you have money, but I wish the Government and media would stop pretending its not a problem.
In the real world jobs your thinking in the future will not exist, automation will see to that, robotic engineers are the future, instead our unemployed will increase, we will pay for their welfare via tax, the less people the more tax, numbers will be reduced, you figure it out

Why do we need net migration of 300,000 a year, a city the size of Cardiff, to fill gaps in the job market?

I have a friend who works in a large office building. Every one of the cleaners is East European. The town where he works has thousands claiming JobSeekers.

On a recent trip to London I once again stayed in a large hotel where not one of the staff I encountered was British.

My home is in a fairly rural area. We already have local farmers starting to panic about getting next years' harvest in if, post Brexit, they can't import shed loads of foreigners who will work from dawn till dusk for minimum wage.

Real gaps in the job market mainly involve very highly skilled workers like doctors, academics and a decent first team for Manchester United. We don't need to import cleaners or people to pick fruit.
It would all make sense if Soylent Green was the answer

Echo On

On ROPS
On ROPs
In the real world jobs your thinking in the future will not exist, automation will see to that, robotic engineers are the future, instead our unemployed will increase, we will pay for their welfare via tax, the less people the more tax, numbers will be reduced, you figure it out
I was been ironic, the first para was what was said in the 50/60s and sixty years later i.e. today the same spiel is been said and peddled.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
If you go back through the 'Inside the Factory' programme son BBC you will see huge automated factories producing our food with hardly a soul in sight. But there will always be useful employment in such vital activities as nail bars and tattoo parlours. Oddly, automated car washes seem to be disappearing together with their useful facility of under-body washing after the winter salt. There is a car washing gang at work at our local Tesco - I wonder if Tesco check the bods' status?

If you go back through the 'Inside the Factory' programme son BBC you will see huge automated factories producing our food with hardly a soul in sight. But there will always be useful employment in such vital activities as nail bars and tattoo parlours. Oddly, automated car washes seem to be disappearing together with their useful facility of under-body washing after the winter salt. There is a car washing gang at work at our local Tesco - I wonder if Tesco check the bods' status?
Tesco car wash workers illegal immigrants

Our local gang of Bulgarians were asked to leave their carwashing gig at Sainsburys, seems lunch time they preferred shoplifting to paying, we have a new lot now, still as shifty looking.

Our local gang of Bulgarians were asked to leave their carwashing gig at Sainsburys, seems lunch time they preferred shoplifting to paying, we have a new lot now, still as shifty looking.
I dropped into the tesco in Bishops Stortford the other day and the osties were swarming over every car like a plague of locusts giving it 'you want you want' like a set of retarded Lebanese pimps.

On a different note, the Civilian Gallantry List 2018 was published earlier today:

Civilian Gallantry List: 2018

Four of the recipients on there are Border Force Officers who, as cutter crew, saved the lives of migrants at sea. Irrespective of the politics of the migrant crisis, when the call came each officer was not found wanting and all deserve their Queens Commendations for Bravery:

Gareth Jack Leadbetter, Border Force Officer, for rescuing 20 persons from a sinking vessel
In the early hours of the 29 May 2016, Gareth Leadbetter was the Coxswain of HM Cutter Valiant’s boarding boat and led his team in the recovery of 20 persons, suspected to be illegal migrants, from a sinking vessel near Dungeness. Weather conditions were extremely poor and after assessing the situation, the seaworthiness of the craft and the condition of its passengers, Gareth Leadbetter displayed exceptional leadership and coxswain skills in ensuring all migrants and facilitators were transferred onto the cutter in extremely demanding conditions.

Gareth Leadbetter made the correct operational decisions ahead of his own safety, ensuring lives were saved at sea by rescuing the people and recovering them to his ship. This involved 3 separate runs to and from the sinking vessel and 3 launches and recoveries of his boat onto the cutter – an extremely dangerous manoeuvre, made all the more hazardous in the poor weather.

He demonstrated his ability to lead a team under severe pressure and to focus the skills and experience of his diverse team. He showed outstanding composure and resilience in rescuing migrants at sea to deliver a truly inclusive outcome. His actions resulted in 20 lives being saved at sea.

David Robert Sant, Border Force Officer, Lee Anthony Townsend, Border Force Officer, and Stuart Anthony Woodland, Border Force Officer, for rescuing people from drowning in the Mediterranean Sea
On the night of 21/22 January 2016, a Border Force patrol vessel was on patrol off the Greek Island of Farmakonisi as part of EU operations to rescue people crossing from Turkey. Just before midnight on 21 January, a large wooden fishing boat was detected heading towards Farmakonisi and a Greek Coast Guard vessel was sent to investigate.

Shortly after, the alarm was raised as the fishing vessel had foundered on the rocky coastline of Farmakonisi. The Border Force vessel immediately launched 2 rescue craft. The Fast Rescue Craft (FRC) crew were Lee Townsend (Border Force team leader) and a commercial coxswain and the larger Daughter Craft (DC) crew were Stuart Woodland and David Sant (Border Force) and a commercial coxswain. Both rescue boats sped to the scene, in total darkness, and in poor weather with an observed 1.5m swell and crashing waves on the rocks.

On arrival, they found many people in the water surrounded by bodies and debris from the wreck. In full knowledge that they themselves were in danger of being forced onto the rocks by the weather, the FRC crew led by Lee Townsend immediately pulled a boy and girl from the water and they began to perform CPR on both. The DC crew similarly put themselves in known danger to begin recovering people from the water with David Sant recovering and performing CPR on a young girl. At this point, both the FRC and DC lost power due to fouling from the floating debris. Despite both vessels now being helpless and being driven towards the rocks, the crew continued to administerCPR in an attempt to revive those rescued even though they knew they were in serious danger. Shortly after the FRC hit the rocks repeatedly but Lee Townsend kept telling his team to stay with the boat and keep calm.

During this extreme danger, the team continued to try and revive those they had rescued. The DC finally managed to restart its engines and skillfully manoeuvred to take the FRC in tow; Stuart Woodland put himself in danger whilst recovering a young girl from the water and when trying to take the FRCin tow where he had to pass a line to them close to the rocks. Despite knowing the imminent danger they were all in, the team continued to try and save the lives of those they had recovered whilst also trying to save their FRCcolleagues now in danger of losing their lives.

Officers Townsend, Sant and Woodland each displayed exemplary acts of bravery, dedication, and commitment, saving 43 lives.