The UK/European migrant problem

A safe haven country or temporary holding location should have been resolved well before now.

The UN content for the maritime taxi service until a country refuses it.

I presume the UN either ignored or failed its contingency with the recent announcement that Italy will start to deport immigrants.

Update: Immigrants have achieved their Europe dream, Spain has accepted the boat.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

A safe haven country or temporary holding location should have been resolved well before now.

I presume the UN either ignored or failed its contingency with the recent announcement that Italy will start to deport immigrants.

Update: Immigrants have achieved their Europe dream, Spain has accepted the boat.

Expect most of the boat's contents to depart for pastures perceived greener than Spain at the first available moment.

I concur, unless Spain has the infrastructure already in place such as a detention centre.
Expect most of the boat's contents to depart for pastures perceived greener than Spain at the first available moment.

Apparently , returning them to Libya is not on, as the UN doesn't consider Libya to be a place of safety - according to some bloke on the Today programme this morning.
So why not create a UN safe enclave in N. Africa, Libya say - there's plenty of space - protected by a blue-beret force and administered/funded by UN agencies.
It was suggested way back on the other thread by a number of us hat what's needed is a central UN receiving point where they can be processed and sent on their way either back home or to safety.

ky newsshowed a piece last year which showed the "rescue" boats operating in Libyian waters with the Libyan coast guard also in attendance rescuing people from a sinking boat.
The Europeans (Spanish IIRC) where dragging the people on board before the coast guard could get to them despite the fact thy were in Libya's Territorial Waters.
There were two issues or so it appeared

Firstly the Libyians jail illegal migrants till they establish who they are the U.N. doesn't approve as the jails are considered a bit harsh since there is no Sky t.v or ethnically and religious menu's available.
You get slung in until you cough to who you are and where your from

The other issue is the rescue boats and their people
The people smugglers are telling the migrants simply paddle out two or here miles shout on this radio and they will pick you up.
These boats are operating two or three days away from Italy actively trawling the African Coast looking for people.
It would be easier for all concerned if they just docked in Africa and scooped everyone up.
Mind were still apologising hundreds of years later for doing stuf like that

The crews are all Lilly Allen / Gary Lineker Types desperate for these people to come to Europe.
They think they are doing the world a favour by bringing them in and encouraging them to get to the rich countries.

Well played Italy about time we saw some action from someone.

It was suggested way back on the other thread by a number of us hat what's needed is a central UN receiving point where they can be processed and sent on their way either back home or to safety.

ky newsshowed a piece last year which showed the "rescue" boats operating in Libyian waters with the Libyan coast guard also in attendance rescuing people from a sinking boat.
The Europeans (Spanish IIRC) where dragging the people on board before the coast guard could get to them despite the fact thy were in Libya's Territorial Waters.
There were two issues or so it appeared

Firstly the Libyians jail illegal migrants till they establish who they are the U.N. doesn't approve as the jails are considered a bit harsh since there is no Sky t.v or ethnically and religious menu's available.
You get slung in until you cough to who you are and where your from

The other issue is the rescue boats and their people
The people smugglers are telling the migrants simply paddle out two or here miles shout on this radio and they will pick you up.
These boats are operating two or three days away from Italy actively trawling the African Coast looking for people.
It would be easier for all concerned if they just docked in Africa and scooped everyone up.
Mind were still apologising hundreds of years later for doing stuf like that

The crews are all Lilly Allen / Gary Lineker Types desperate for these people to come to Europe.
They think they are doing the world a favour by bringing them in and encouraging them to get to the rich countries.

Well played Italy about time we saw some action from someone.
Well now the traffickers know that Spain will accept these boats I suspect they'll simply up the anti.

For this action to stop It's requires all unified southern countries to all refuse any of these boats, only then will real tangible action take place.

Normal service has resumed, dump them in traffickers boats, drift North until a charity boat intercepts.

That means even more cnuting Looky Looky men on the Costas then........

So why not create a UN safe enclave in N. Africa, Libya say - there's plenty of space - protected by a blue-beret force and administered/funded by UN agencies.
I was saying this 2-3 years ago. We built Bastion/Leatherneck in the middle of the desert. Surely we could knock up a similar sized facility, with med and school capability, near an existing sea port/build one. Every poor f*cker fished from the med gets deposited there. No more reason to try a VERY dangerous crossing in a clapped out boat. So just go to the front desk for processing. Countries could call forward relatives or mounts of people.

Entirely agree with some form of separating genuine refugees from economic migrants but I don't see anybody solving that one any time soon.
From what I understand , most of the refugees/economic migrants have to be processed through interpreters.
If the UN established a list of countries from which refugees could be bona fide - war zones, e.g. Syria - then used UN-approved and tested native interpreters from those countries they'd soon be able to sort the wheat from the chaff.
No speaka da lingo? Back on the bus and feck off.

I was saying this 2-3 years ago. We built Bastion/Leatherneck in the middle of the desert. Surely we could knock up a similar sized facility, with med and school capability, near an existing sea port/build one. Every poor f*cker fished from the med gets deposited there. No more reason to try a VERY dangerous crossing in a clapped out boat. So just go to the front desk for processing. Countries could call forward relatives or mounts of people.
So was I, to be honest.

I think everybody on here is missing the main points, of which there are two.

The charity ships should be allowed to carry on picking up people from Libya, or wherever, otherwise how will the charity workers get free f ucks unless they go to genuine disaster areas?

Secondly, the whole shebang is something the UN approves of providing it brings the level of all civilised countries down to the level of the average MENA habitat which is what they envisage and require.

The other issue is the rescue boats.
They think they are doing the world a favour by bringing them in
The same 'Kumbaya' crowd that infested the Jungle in Calais. Smoking weed, strumming guitars and holding hands whilst vulnerable young people were being people trafficked (and worse) in plain sight. Twats to a man and woman, the majority if not all of whom will not have to live anywhere near the ghettos they are imposing on some of the poorer areas of our country.
Any chance of a couple of U boats in the Mediterranean?

Last edited:
didn't a bunch of these right on do gooders send a bunch of migrants to their deaths? One of the countries near Greece blocked the borders so desperate migrants were 'advised' to cross a small stream in the mountains. Oddly said do gooders didn't accompany the migrants, maybe they could have persuaded them not to try crossing the river which was now in spate...

Maybe divert the 'rescue' boats to Alabama. Might discourage a few more trying it on if their instagrams depicting their western funded bling are less 'check out my bad ass gold chains' and more 'I got me some bad ass chains, and so has the bloke i'm chained to'.

I concur, unless Spain has the infrastructure already in place such as a detention centre.

Spain has a fair few detention centres. They keep getting "bad reports" about the poor quality of accommodation and have been likened to concentration camps by some of the do-gooders, especially by Human Rights Watch.
Spain doesn't actually care and keeps them in holding cells for 72 hours whilst deciding what to do with them.

Migration Detention Centres - Spain

If the migrants don't like they can always go home.

Spain has a fair few detention centres. They keep getting "bad reports" about the poor quality of accommodation and have been likened to concentration camps by some of the do-gooders, especially by Human Rights Watch.
Spain doesn't actually care and keeps them in holding cells for 72 hours whilst deciding what to do with them.

Migration Detention Centres - Spain

If the migrants don't like they can always go home.
Don’t like and go home? Like ‘that’s’ going to happen....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The same 'Kumbaya' crowd that infested the Jungle in Calais. Smoking weed, strumming guitars and holding hands whilst vulnerable young people were being people trafficked (and worse) in plain sight. Twats to a man and woman.
Any chance of a couple of U boats in the Mediterranean?
Had hoped that the DGSE would have stepped up to the task by now.