The UK/European migrant problem

Nobody in the Brexit side expected a quick solution after decades of membership. The vote to leave sent a clear message to those elected to represent their constituents that they are paid to do that straight forward job and not take them for granted.
You speak for all 17million voters?
Just look up the thread and you will see that you don't.

Some people most definitely think it will stop all those immigrants.

I think in 5 years time there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people in the UK when Brexit turns out not to be the panacea for all the perceived problems in the UK.
And what kind of Politicians will people vote for then?
Westminster needs to learn from the Brexit vote and start listening to peoples concerns ref immigration or live with the consequences.

At least he's getting what he wanted - remaining for life in Germany
Not really, in this mornings news the public prosecutor wanted life plus Sicherheitsverwahrung, = 15years + indefinite custody. In practice that would be around 30 years followed by a direct trip to the airport.

And what kind of Politicians will people vote for then?
Westminster needs to learn from the Brexit vote and start listening to peoples concerns ref immigration or live with the consequences.
Corbyn probably.

Good luck. :)

I see another bit of unpalatable news, (well for the Europhiles anyway) has popped out of the woodwork.

No wonder the NHS is in the state its in, mind you it doesn't look at the £milliond spent on non EU parasites who just pop in for a free bit of surgery like the Nigerian female who popped in to give a difficult multiple birth... Health tourism warning as NHS chases £350,000 bill from Nigerian woman who gave birth in a British hospital
and these others
The London hospital used by Nigerian mums flying in for free maternity care
Nigerian 'health tourist' flew to UK for caesarean birth on NHS

You speak for all 17million voters?
Just look up the thread and you will see that you don't.
Its a good job that I dont take this discussion as gospel for both sides of the vote. Too much name calling, picture posting, and strawmen. If you want to take this thread as gospel on behalf of 17 million the crack on. Do your posts speak for those who voted Remain?

I still don't get this fixation on Brexit being the cure all for immigration.
The UK isn't in Schengen and has always had 100% control of its borders.
This murderous twat (and others like him)wouldn't be able to travel to the UK unless the UK let him in.
What do you think is going to change next year?
We can stop the scum of Europe that hold a EU passport coming here

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Along with many other aspects of society, Brexit was about far more than just freedom of movement for EU nationals that want to travel to the UK. It sent a message to Westminster that immigration needs to be controlled. That covers European, Commonwealth and the rest of the world.
Getting the balance right between infrastructure and numbers of immigrants ( wherever they come from) has to be addressed
Yet a load of people from the jewel in the crown allegedly voted to leave to he,p solve the Bangladesh curry chef shortage. The Chinese still come in seemingly unabated. There’s no shortage of Somalis and when we negotiated with our new trading partners the first thing they demanded wasn’t goods and services, but visas. Brexits not going to solve immigration, it’s just going to encourage a different sort.

Yet a load of people from the jewel in the crown allegedly voted to leave to he,p solve the Bangladesh curry chef shortage. The Chinese still come in seemingly unabated. There’s no shortage of Somalis and when we negotiated with our new trading partners the first thing they demanded wasn’t goods and services, but visas. Brexits not going to solve immigration, it’s just going to encourage a different sort.
You hear thats woooooshing sound ? That's the point of my posts going way over your head.

Its a good job that I dont take this discussion as gospel for both sides of the vote. Too much name calling, picture posting, and strawmen. If you want to take this thread as gospel on behalf of 17 million the crack on. Do your posts speak for those who voted Remain?
Nope. As you say it is internet froth that keeps me sane (ish) as I can argue about any sort of tosh.
I don't have a dog in the fight either as I voted with my feet in 2000 and left the UK.

It is just how virulently anti-EU some people seem to be that it totally blinds them to the fact that the UK has a bucket full of problems that have nothing to do with the EU and Brexit ain't gonna fix them.

We can stop the scum of Europe that hold a EU passport coming here
How?
Are you going to stop tourists and immigrants?
There are more than enough non EU scum floating about the UK now. Didn't manage to keep them out.

Nope. As you say it is internet froth that keeps me sane (ish) as I can argue about any sort of tosh.
I don't have a dog in the fight either as I voted with my feet in 2000 and left the UK.

It is just how virulently anti-EU some people seem to be that it totally blinds them to the fact that the UK has a bucket full of problems that have nothing to do with the EU and Brexit ain't gonna fix them.
Every country has bukets filled to the brim with problems. As I said before for many of those who voted for Brexit, it was more than exiting the EU, it was about Westminster being accountable to the electorate once again , with no other organisation to shift the focus on. The EU has had perhaps have more than just one bucket to contend with in the past. Maybe in the future those buckets will multiply ? Who knows.

Every country has bukets filled to the brim with problems. As I said before for many of those who voted for Brexit, it was more than exiting the EU, it was about Westminster being accountable to the electorate once again , with no other organisation to shift the focus on. The EU has had perhaps have more than just one bucket to contend with in the past. Maybe in the future those buckets will multiply ? Who knows.
It is going to be interesting when the government/media can no longer blame everything on the EU.
I wonder who the next scapegoat is going to be?
They are going to have to find someone to blame.

Perhaps we should be a bit more like a certain North American nation headed yet again by yet another Trudeau.
If those touchy feely Liberal types can deport scum then there are lessons to be learnt elsewhere in the world I would think.

Although how they left Afghanistan in 1992 and ended up in Canada after living in the war-zones known as Dubai, Australia and Pakistan may raise other questions too.
Far too much compassion in the western world these days for complete piss-takers.