The UK/European migrant problem

In other news, (no link found, yet) Germany sort of closes the stable door about three years too late, as they tighten border controls in a move cynics claim is more about undermining votes for the AfD.

Reported on Deutsche Welle.
It's all over German news. Horst Seehofer (Head of Merkel's sister party the Bavarian CSU) is the Interior Minister in the new government. He has never sympathised with the Merkel led Willkommenskultur and even before the the election was pushing for migration limits and border controls. He has now said, in an interview with Die Welt, that he is re-instating border controls as the Schengen zone does not have sufficient control of its borders and they will stay in place until they do. He stated that they may remain in place for anything between 30 days and 5 years. Additionally the process for getting shot of illegal immigrants and failed asylum seekers is to receive better funding in order to speed up and increase volume.

I could post the die Welt link but it is behind a paywall.

This is the same guy who a few days ago said that Islam does not belong to Germany, contradicting what Merkel had said two years ago. It seems from the online opinion poll that most Germans (66.5%) agree with him. Link

Last edited:
In other news, (no link found, yet) Germany sort of closes the stable door about three years too late, as they tighten border controls in a move cynics claim is more about undermining votes for the AfD.

Reported on Deutsche Welle.
There remains the small problem of finding the staff to carry out these extra duties. Bundespolizei and Customs are already well into overstretch. The reasons behind the new policy are simple, de Maiziere is out and Seehofer (hardliner) is in, plus the fact that Seehofer considers that the external borders of the EU are the place to stop the invasion and until such time as that happens, then Germanys borders must be more strictly controlled.

Not sure if this deserves a THREAD of its own . . . but, for the moment I'll post it here . . .

"Published on Mar 16, 2018
The UK Metropolitan Police say that if someone does something that isn’t a criminal offence but the victim, or anyone else, believes it was motivated by ргејυԁіϲе or һаτе, we would class this as a ‘һаτе incident’. Though what the perpetrator has done may not be against the law, their reasons for doing it are. This means it may be possible to charge them with an offence".

Worth watching if only for the "sur-real" 'Demolition Man' film clip at the end :(

Another "NGO" people smuggling boat seized. Bit of a public service by the Italians, hopefully scuttle the boat.,

Italy detains Spanish ship for rescuing refugees in Mediterranean

Italian authorities in Catania, Sicily have ordered the detention of the Spanish ship Open Arms for promoting “illegal immigration and criminal association,” according to sources from the not-for-profit organization. The order came after the vessel, run by the Catalan organization Proactiva Open Arms, rescued 218 migrants 70 miles off the coast of Libya. The ship has been confiscated as a preventive measure in the Italian port Pozzallo, the not-for-profit confirmed. Proactiva Open Arms is the only Spanish NGO that rescues migrants in the Mediterranean.

Another "NGO" people smuggling boat seized. Bit of a public service by the Italians, hopefully scuttle the boat.,

Italy detains Spanish ship for rescuing refugees in Mediterranean

Italian authorities in Catania, Sicily have ordered the detention of the Spanish ship Open Arms for promoting “illegal immigration and criminal association,” according to sources from the not-for-profit organization. The order came after the vessel, run by the Catalan organization Proactiva Open Arms, rescued 218 migrants 70 miles off the coast of Libya. The ship has been confiscated as a preventive measure in the Italian port Pozzallo, the not-for-profit confirmed. Proactiva Open Arms is the only Spanish NGO that rescues migrants in the Mediterranean.
I'm not a salior but presumably it's further to Italy than back to Libya?
Why didn't the Italians force it back out and on to Spain?

I'm not a salior but presumably it's further to Italy than back to Libya?
Why didn't the Italians force it back out and on to Spain?
Sounds like a good move on the part of the Italians. If the boat was pushed on to Spain the people who organise the people smuggling would just carry on jogging. Now that they have been detained in Italy I'm assuming that the boat will be forfeit. As a result the Catalan organisation of deluded liberals will now be short of one boat for further trips. I'm guessing they may have chartered the boat so now there is going to be an angry Spanish owner wanting to see money for the loss of his boat. All supposition on my part. I'd laugh like a drain if they'd chartered the boat from a bunch of drug runners where a simple sorry and "think of the childrens" will not be sufficient..

W.T.F. . . .

"After his arrest, it emerged that he had already been convicted to 10 years in jail in Greece in 2014 for attempted murder after pushing a woman off a cliff. But he was freed in October 2015 due to overcrowded prisons".
This just goes to show what a clustercfuk Merkel and others have foisted on Europe. God forbid there is some EU directive passed compelling us to take in any of these criminal scum. Hopefully Merkel's Grand Coalition will be short-lived and sanity is restored.

And the Germans wonder why the Visegrad group of countries will not accept any asylum seekers in their countries?

Thank god for Brexit.

W.T.F. . . .

"After his arrest, it emerged that he had already been convicted to 10 years in jail in Greece in 2014 for attempted murder after pushing a woman off a cliff. But he was freed in October 2015 due to overcrowded prisons".
2015 by coincidence was when the the EU saw migration increase by 4 times to 1 million, I am not at all suggesting at the Greeks saw this as an opportunity to empty its jails of foreign criminals and point them in the direction of all points west.

This just goes to show what a clustercfuk Merkel and others have foisted on Europe. God forbid there is some EU directive passed compelling us to take in any of these criminal scum. Hopefully Merkel's Grand Coalition will be short-lived and sanity is restored.

And the Germans wonder why the Visegrad group of countries will not accept any asylum seekers in their countries?

Thank god for Brexit.
I still don't get this fixation on Brexit being the cure all for immigration.
The UK isn't in Schengen and has always had 100% control of its borders.
This murderous twat (and others like him)wouldn't be able to travel to the UK unless the UK let him in.
What do you think is going to change next year?

2015 by coincidence was when the the EU saw migration increase by 4 times to 1 million, I am not at all suggesting at the Greeks saw this as an opportunity to empty its jails of foreign criminals and point them in the direction of all points west.
And even if they did, there is no way they would send them to Germany as they have a lot of love and respect for the Erics.

I still don't get this fixation on Brexit being the cure all for immigration.
The UK isn't in Schengen and has always had 100% control of its borders.
This murderous twat (and others like him)wouldn't be able to travel to the UK unless the UK let him in.
What do you think is going to change next year?
Along with many other aspects of society, Brexit was about far more than just freedom of movement for EU nationals that want to travel to the UK. It sent a message to Westminster that immigration needs to be controlled. That covers European, Commonwealth and the rest of the world.
Getting the balance right between infrastructure and numbers of immigrants ( wherever they come from) has to be addressed

Along with many other aspects of society, Brexit was about far more than just freedom of movement for EU nationals that want to travel to the UK. It sent a message to Westminster that immigration needs to be controlled. That covers European, Commonwealth and the rest of the world.
Getting the balance right between infrastructure and numbers of immigrants ( wherever they come from) has to be addressed
Some people most definitely think it will stop all those immigrants.

I think in 5 years time there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people in the UK when Brexit turns out not to be the panacea for all the perceived problems in the UK.

Some people most definitely think it will stop all those immigrants.

I think in 5 years time there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people in the UK when Brexit turns out not to be the panacea for all the perceived problems in the UK.
Nobody in the Brexit side expected a quick solution after decades of membership. The vote to leave sent a clear message to those elected to represent their constituents that they are paid to do that straight forward job and not take them for granted.