The UK/European migrant problem

Do you think that as an under-represented sub-culture a Uni would accept my proposals to help white boys through STEM courses? No - me neither.

(Even if they said yes, I doubt they would keep their word - so chuck it at Mountain Rescue or something like that).

I'm sure a charity such as Combat Stress would appreciate the donation and do some good with it...

Just a thought...

Not sure this partoicular angle been discussed on this very lengthy thread but according to The Economist, Britian and Europe needs a lot more migrants.
Legal migrants i have no problem with. Illegal scum leeching parasite ‘migrants’ I do have a problem with. There is a difference. One come here to contribute; one comes here to play the system.

Londo

LE
Not sure this partoicular angle been discussed on this very lengthy thread but according to The Economist, Britian and Europe needs a lot more migrants.
But we need all these new arrivals to look after ..... Wait for it ...... The new arrivals from the last few years .
There will be very little help for the English , We just have to pay for it all .

Londo

LE
Legal migrants i have no problem with. Illegal scum leeching parasite ‘migrants’ I do have a problem with. There is a difference. One come here to contribute; one comes here to play the system.
I've been saying this for a long time .

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
These articles never discuss the need for immediate migrants to be, educated, healthy, and willing to integrate. They tend to stay away from social impacts and focus around the needs of industry. Likewise they dont compensate for automation

The West has enough taxi drivers, car washers and Big Issue sellers. Any serious government would put a national skills survey front and centre.
True that this was a big picture economics/demographics article, which ended with the words that anti immigration govern,ments are storing up trouble for the future.

Managing the social impact is a political issue with votes to be garnered from talking tough.It doesn't solve the real need of workers of all ages to balance the aging demographic. Nor does it do much to integrate the people desperate to come here and could be put to work.

IRRC that the Economist also had in the past commented that the logic of Brexit was to pass control of labour mobility to the government rather than the market - the single market we had just left. Its point was that this was something that the government was bad at. I.e. predicting and incentivising the need for care workers and lorry drivers as well as highly educated and skilled.

True that this was a big picture economics/demographics article, which ended with the words that anti immigration govern,ments are storing up trouble for the future.

Managing the social impact is a political issue with votes to be garnered from talking tough.It doesn't solve the real need of workers of all ages to balance the aging demographic. Nor does it do much to integrate the people desperate to come here and could be put to work.

IRRC that the Economist also had in the past commented that the logic of Brexit was to pass control of labour mobility to the government rather than the market - the single market we had just left. Its point was that this was something that the government was bad at. I.e. predicting and incentivising the need for care workers and lorry drivers as well as highly educated and skilled.
100% agree, that's why I keep harping on about the need for a skills survey to address immediate and future needs. Any serious government should put it at the heart of their time in power. I'd add it should be a cross-party initiative to give every part of the country fair representation.

The article is not readable due to registration required, but when one looks at 'The Reason' more skilled and semi-skilled workers are required, it is to support the aging population. A disproportionately aging population is not a problem, rather it is a symptom of a problem.

The problem needing to be solved is to make it more attractive to raise children. There are many factors, such as childcare and education costs and so on, but a main one concerns the mental health of the parental age-group. Consumerism rather than family, narcissism, fear of being left out, fear of commitment etc. etc. mean that youngsters would rather have a new smartphone every nine months and disposable income instead of finding a long-term partner and struggling to raise children. The definition of 'adult' has changed considerably in the last thirty years. These things are only solvable at government level, and there is a considerable lack of leadership capable of doing more than chasing focus-groups and opinion-polls.

Or possibly I am turning in to Victor Meldrew.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

It would seem obvious that the immigrants should be of a certain sort.

Lord Lilly talking absolute sense, during the debate in the HoL in December 2021 . . .

The article is not readable due to registration required, but when one looks at 'The Reason' more skilled and semi-skilled workers are required, it is to support the aging population. A disproportionately aging population is not a problem, rather it is a symptom of a problem.

The problem needing to be solved is to make it more attractive to raise children. There are many factors, such as childcare and education costs and so on, but a main one concerns the mental health of the parental age-group. Consumerism rather than family, narcissism, fear of being left out, fear of commitment etc. etc. mean that youngsters would rather have a new smartphone every nine months and disposable income instead of finding a long-term partner and struggling to raise children. The definition of 'adult' has changed considerably in the last thirty years. These things are only solvable at government level, and there is a considerable lack of leadership capable of doing more than chasing focus-groups and opinion-polls.

Or possibly I am turning in to Victor Meldrew.
Nope - you're bang on.

There's also the element of we need more immigrants to service the immigrants.

I bet there's around 20 million more people in than when I was in my early 20's (early 90's). 10 million 'real' people and 10 million undocumented people. I wonder how many of those 20m are contributing to the UK as a whole?

Londo

LE
Nope - you're bang on.

I bet there's around 20 million more people in than when I was in my early 20's (early 90's). 10 million 'real' people and 10 million undocumented people. I wonder how many of those 20m are contributing to the UK as a whole?
It's like pre covid and a huge housing shortage with loads of new houses being thrown up .
' Building houses to house all the East European house builders ' as I put it at the time .

We need the population to fall.
That is the only way Global warming can be managed.
Impossible when certain religions believe they need to out breed the other and that despite obvious dwindling supplies of literally everything, their sky pixie will ensure that they have all they need.

And those of a certain persuasion also don’t give two stuffs for saving the planet. They’re off somewhere else and ‘earth’ is a stop gap.

Nope - you're bang on.

A figure of 55 million sticks in my head from school days, but that was a long time ago. I think it's now quoted as 65-plus. I heard a much higher figure on the radio worked out by the food industry - the amount they shifted, with an allowance for wastage, translated into the number of mouths they were feeding. An interesting way of looking at it, and probably as accurate as any other method.

But unfortunately the EU, UN and all religions I know of are against this.
China a year ago announced a 50% increase in baby production and India and Russia is not interested.
I am very happy I won't be around in 30 years time.

He is known and respected world-wide. David Attenborough shares this opinion with you/I/us; and, has spoken about this particular problem of irresponsible, uncontrolled, world over-breeding . . . but, it is not - regrettably - repeated often enough :( .

Video from just two years ago . . . 12 January 2020.

David Attenborough | "The source of all our problems = POPULATION GROWTH"

(Apologies for BOLD. Having problems with formatting and spelling today :( ).

A figure of 55 million sticks in my head from school days, but that was a long time ago. I think it's now quoted as 65-plus. I heard a much higher figure on the radio worked out by the food industry - the amount they shifted, with an allowance for wastage, translated into the number of mouths they were feeding. An interesting way of looking at it, and probably as accurate as any other method.
Amounts of sewerage are also apparently a good indicator. And, these allegedly point to a much higher population than that acknowledged. I wouldn’t be surprised if the UKs actual population figure wasn’t somewhere around d 80 million

Amounts of sewerage are also apparently a good indicator. And, these allegedly point to a much higher population than that acknowledged. I wouldn’t be surprised if the UKs actual population figure wasn’t somewhere around d 80 million

He is known and respected world-wide. David Attenborough shares this opinion with you/I/us; and, has spoken about this particular problem of irresponsible, uncontrolled, world over-breeding . . . but, it is not - regrettably - repeated often enough :( .

Video from just two years ago . . . 12 January 2020.

David Attenborough | "The source of all our problems = POPULATION GROWTH"

(Apologies for BOLD. Having problems with formatting and spelling today :( ).
I work for an organisation that gives allowances per number of kids/family size. Their calculations are based on an average family having 5.6 kids. Guess what religion they’re all from…..

Latest Threads