The UK/European migrant problem

I don’t really know if I should give that a funny or an excellent. But I have to say that it’s not unexpected by me. Sadly I have say that should Macron do as he threatens, we should consider closing down the Eurostar side of the of the CT operation, since the cost is now borne largely by the French taxpayer.
Which side is that? They run the whole network. Eurostar International Limited - Wikipedia

"Since 2010, Eurostar has been owned by Eurostar International Limited (EIL), a company jointly owned by SNCF (55%), Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) (30%), Hermes Infrastructure (10%) and SNCB (5%).[42]" Eurostar - Wikipedia

GetLink, who own the tunnel are based in France Getlink - Wikipedia

Until CV19, the passenger count was increasing yearly.

The dusky gentlemen attacking that busload of Spurs fans are every bit as XRW as anyone you will find at a National Front or British Movement meeting, a Blood & Honour gig, or a Klan crossburning night. I bet the shirt off my back that they also hate homosexuals, trannies, feminists, and most of all, white middle class left wingers.
The BBC is reporting that images of the scum have been released, and does show them, yet scroll down to the video filmed from the bus and their faces are obscured.
Cretins.

Which side is that? They run the whole network. Eurostar International Limited - Wikipedia

"Since 2010, Eurostar has been owned by Eurostar International Limited (EIL), a company jointly owned by SNCF (55%), Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) (30%), Hermes Infrastructure (10%) and SNCB (5%).[42]" Eurostar - Wikipedia

GetLink, who own the tunnel are based in France Getlink - Wikipedia

Until CV19, the passenger count was increasing yearly.
Well er if the Sangatte treaty lapses, I think you'll find that new agreements will have to be made to re arrange Juxtaposed controls and the operation under the CTA under which Channel Tunnel operates irrespective of ownership as once you pass the halfway mark under the Channel, you are effectively on British soil. But it does mean that we have options to cease whatever operations don't suit us. I would imagine that arrangements can be made for remote clearance of freight, but you will no longer be cleared by the French in the UK [That being the point of the Sangatte treaty.]

Second point well yes COVID will have affected pax throughput beneficially as it is quicker overall by train, we've had this point before and the Airlines are losing hand over fist. Easy posted a loss of 1.1Billion, can't imagine anyone else with Profits. But I really don't think that Macron is onto a winner here.

Well er if the Sangatte treaty lapses, I think you'll find that new agreements will have to be made to re arrange Juxtaposed controls and the operation under the CTA under which Channel Tunnel operates irrespective of ownership as once you pass the halfway mark under the Channel, you are effectively on British soil. But it does mean that we have options to cease whatever operations don't suit us. I would imagine that arrangements can be made for remote clearance of freight, but you will no longer be cleared by the French in the UK [That being the point of the Sangatte treaty.]

Second point well yes COVID will have affected pax throughput beneficially as it is quicker overall by train, we've had this point before and the Airlines are losing hand over fist. Easy posted a loss of 1.1Billion, can't imagine anyone else with Profits. But I really don't think that Macron is onto a winner here.
Closing both Ebbsfleet and Ashford International feeder stations has also bitten them in the arse.

At certain times of the year Ashford used to get quite busy...it's a bit of an inconvenience now,to catch the HS1 up to St Pancras to catch a train to Paris, that bangs back through Ashford at a 100+...to Paris !

Priti Patel to give go-ahead for RNLI boats to rescue migrants​

Treacherous witch!..
If she expects the already maxed out RNLI to perform at, over and above current rates while Border Force go back to port for lunch breaks, where are the extra resources to come from? Eventually it will break.

If she expects the already maxed out RNLI to perform at, over and above current rates while Border Force go back to port for lunch breaks, where are the extra resources to come from? Eventually it will break.
volunteers covering gov't reponsibilities, again.
Why aren't the Navy out in rhibs? Legality? thin end of a wedge? Cost? Too busy?

Does anybody know whether the RNLI crews in the Channel are now full-time and salaried?
The traditional ‘volunteers drop whatever they are doing and make best speed to the station’ whenever there’s a shout is surely not sustainable. The volunteers always had other full-time jobs. I can’t imagine any employer being happy at losing staff on a daily basis.

Does anybody know whether the RNLI crews in the Channel are now full-time and salaried?
The traditional ‘volunteers drop whatever they are doing and make best speed to the station’ whenever there’s a shout is surely not sustainable. The volunteers always had other full-time jobs. I can’t imagine any employer being happy at losing staff on a daily basis.
Still a 95% volunteer service.

Especially to be a free people smuggling operation

Closing both Ebbsfleet and Ashford International feeder stations has also bitten them in the arse.

At certain times of the year Ashford used to get quite busy...it's a bit of an inconvenience now,to catch the HS1 up to St Pancras to catch a train to Paris, that bangs back through Ashford at a 100+...to Paris !
That said the through put at both was never very high., I recall doing both but it could be interesting.

Priti Patel to give go-ahead for RNLI boats to rescue migrants​

Treacherous witch!..
Gives the go ahead!!
Haven't they been "rescuing" these freeloaders for the last few months?

Can I plead for a second that we cease to confuse 'hyperthermia' (the consequences of overheating) with 'hypothermia' (consequences of over cooling)?

Indeed.

And the difference is easy to remember as a 'po' goes under the bed, as does the body temperature during hyPOthermia. Of course, these modern youngsters with their indoor-toilets won't know anything about a po . . . mumble, mumble, No4 . . . SLR mumble, mumble etc.

Gives the go ahead!!
Haven't they been "rescuing" these freeloaders for the last few months?
The new Bill to be debated/introduced in the HoC next Tue 07/Wed 08 DEC, will make it a specific criminal offence, to traffic migrants across the channel - subject to arrest, prosecution, etc.

The only "News" contained in the article, is that if/when the RNLI are providing the taxi service - as they do now - they will continue to get a "Free Pass", and not be swept-up by the UK Law enforcement agencies.

Therefore . . . "No Change" to the situation as now . . . even though, some would say as those been "rescued" have yet to demonstrate that they are in peril - on the English side of the Channel - the RNLI, BF, et al, should ALL be prosecuted for consciously, deliberately, trafficking migrants across the channel :( !!

Last edited:

hamper

Old-Salt
How many genuine emergencies have there been in the channel this year? I refuse now to contribute to the RNLI.
If the cheese eating twats are prepared to turn a blind eye to unsafe vessels going to sea why should we not turn them back. Bloody cowards as ever.

Incidentally - anyone remember the old Garrison Officers Mess in Aldershot that became a hotel?

DXXFbyjOy2UNqj1qongXqyD41L9--5g923UuP8uJpLOWkdeVJtU4EDDUWzSV4RtnL5VYA6i_Avq6XF-bLoqyvuuu_rE4U2F_sMX6uuYNkPnLkpiGfCeqGrNTlNxLuPHmN-zRsi9YZw

Well, the Leftys here will be pleased to know - it's now a "Migrant Sanctuary".

Yes - taken fully over by the Home Office and now full of hundreds of the the enemy at our expense.

FOC