The UK/European migrant problem

'just shoot them in the legs a bit'
'Constable, hit that man with your baton'

As fair as I can see, there are no instructions. There are things being discussed, with people saying why they might or might not work.
Rules are quite clear. Leave will not be granted. If you are not there for you duties pay will be deducted. Frankly in my experience what the unions claim and the actuality are very different.

An article in today's Times said that the French police union says that they have 750 police peeps on duty to cover 93 miles of coast.

And seemingly doing sweet FA about seeing this photo

0_Migrant-dinghy-heads-off-the-French-coast-to-cross-the-English-channel.jpg

Rules are quite clear. Leave will not be granted. If you are not there for you duties pay will be deducted. Frankly in my experience what the unions claim and the actuality are very different.
And vice versa....some of these people have already done their hours for the year.
How charming to refuse people leave.

Agreed, I don't know the relevant laws, but I get the sense that the philosophy of asylum was designed to allow individuals or small groups to find a safe haven when in real danger in their own country..
Anti communist journalists in the USSR,
Leaders of banned political parties, the said parties being the sort that would be acceptable in the UK... and so on. But the essence being one or two people or small groups.*

I can't see that it was ever envisaged that 'asylum' would be used to justify economic migration, mass population movements, homosexuals looking for safe places to homosexualise etc. Etc. In fact didn't it used to be called 'political asylum'?

* I know, but the world was a different place when the Huguenots came here. There was no welfare state, there was little/no cost to the tax payer, and being Protestants they were positively welcomed and fitted right in.

The kindertransport was different again, I'm glad we took in tge ones we did, but I wish this country had had the heart to take thousands more.

I would almost put money in if this was the early months of 1939, and there was pressure to take in Jewish refugees, the Labour Party, Guardian and Independent would be four square against this on the grounds of taking British houses, jobs, etc, when the real reason is anti-semitism, and bolstering the Tory vote.

After all, both Labour and the Guardian (at least)have a long track-record of hatred to the Jews and Israel.

Yet the left are more than willing to take in criminals, parasites, likely sexual deviants and potential terrorists.

endure

GCM
And seemingly doing sweet FA about seeing this photo

0_Migrant-dinghy-heads-off-the-French-coast-to-cross-the-English-channel.jpg

There are two policemen and over a dozen grown up immigrants in that picture. What do you actually suggest they do?

Actually they're not doing nothing. As I mentioned in a different post they have called for reinforcements to help them.

There are two policemen and over a dozen grown up immigrants in that picture. What do you actually suggest they do?

Actually they're not doing nothing. As I mentioned in a different post they have called for reinforcements to help them.
Shoot them for being on the beach after September , or something.
Though I would be very tempted to smack the tawt with the outboard....

And then tell them got free board and lodgings for the night, and lock them in a cell with a blind folded naked Dianne Abbott whose just been told that she's get her long fought for night of passion with Magic Grandpa

My bold .... Thats cruel & unusual punishment!!

French police are armed, just put a couple of holes in the craft!, they have a vehicle to get away from any repercussions from the criminals!!

endure

GCM

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
Glad the government spokesman was very clear with Abbott, who seems, as usual, to be hard of understanding:

And vice versa....some of these people have already done their hours for the year.
How charming to refuse people leave.
Ye can’t have it both ways. Leave is paid, strike ain’t. If people ( ye gods do they still do that) have done their hours, then technically they’re on OT. I’m sure the treasury will happy not to have to pay that, nor the operational extra costs for the boats. Contractually if you’ve done your hours, you can’t be on strike, not that PCS will spin it that way. It’ll make em seem so good.

Latest Threads