The UK/European migrant problem

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It does seem strange to me that many of those drowned have been identified when we are told they all throw away all proof of identity, eg. passports, ID papers, etc. Indeed one newspaper showed a photograph of several wouldbe illegal immigrants, all easily identified.

the best thing to do, would be to photograph each dinghy, and then slash it and send it for recycling
engines likewise
many of them are stolen, the owners will not want them back and the insurance will have paid out
the greater proportion are Chinese cheaply made rubbish, they have reports of the handles pulling out of the tube as they are pulled onto the beach
again destruction
save on paying for storage and it prevents them being re used
Recycled into condoms, sent en masse to Africa with the slogan "Use for 5 years and get guaranteed Breetesh pissport, ignore your witchdoctor, he is gay".

endure

GCM
And if things could get 'kinetic' (let alone going for a piss, brew or food), you can't (shouldn't) be single-crewed .

Edit. Even fencing areas off would be problematical without consequent oversight.
The article mentioned the photo where the two cops were watching a boatful of immigrants and said that they were waiting for reinforcements that they'd already called.

The article mentioned the photo where the two cops were watching a boatful of immigrants and said that they were waiting for reinforcements that they'd already called.
I wouldn't take on 20+ with less than 5 officers, even with automatic long arms, let alone any RoE. It's not a warzone (yet?).

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldn't take on 20+ with less than 5 officers, even with automatic long arms, let alone any RoE. It's not a warzone (yet?).
one of the boat people was shot yesterday, he baulked at the trip after the deaths
the smugglers only earn money when they cross

Last edited:
If there are guns at the point of departure WTF is among pax that scatter from our beaches on arrival?

It is very likely guns and other contraband and prohibited goods are being brought in.

To say nothing of covid, and now including the newly discovered strain.

Londo

LE
If there are guns at the point of departure WTF is among pax that scatter from our beaches on arrival?
Few weeks ago it was in the papers that there was a intelligence lead security alert about some of these invaders being armed .
Helicopters keeping watch over each boat although they had to keep a distance of two miles .
No RNLI that day , border force only .
At least one boatload acting suspiciously by keeping their faces hidden and seen dropping something into the water .
Next day not a word and complete silence about it ever since ..

Still . Nice hot pizzas and chicken shish all round as per usual .on arrival I would guess .

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
Another article in the Guardian from “Kamil Ahmed”. Essentially pointing out that all refugees from Sudan, Iran, Syria etc should be accepted under current law.

Fine, I understand that. However, the never-asked question: “What proportion of the population of these countries meet these conditions, and what proportion of them want to come to the UK?”

Why do we never ask this simple question? Is it because it shows that our current laws and system are completely unfit for the 21st century?

Channel crossings: who would make such a dangerous journey – and why?

skeetstar

War Hero
Another article in the Guardian from “Kamil Ahmed”. Essentially pointing out that all refugees from Sudan, Iran, Syria etc should be accepted under current law.

Fine, I understand that. However, the never-asked question: “What proportion of the population of these countries meet these conditions, and what proportion of them want to come to the UK?”

Why do we never ask this simple question? Is it because it shows that our current laws and system are completely unfit for the 21st century?

Channel crossings: who would make such a dangerous journey – and why?
Agreed, I don't know the relevant laws, but I get the sense that the philosophy of asylum was designed to allow individuals or small groups to find a safe haven when in real danger in their own country..
Anti communist journalists in the USSR,
Leaders of banned political parties, the said parties being the sort that would be acceptable in the UK... and so on. But the essence being one or two people or small groups.*

I can't see that it was ever envisaged that 'asylum' would be used to justify economic migration, mass population movements, homosexuals looking for safe places to homosexualise etc. Etc. In fact didn't it used to be called 'political asylum'?

* I know, but the world was a different place when the Huguenots came here. There was no welfare state, there was little/no cost to the tax payer, and being Protestants they were positively welcomed and fitted right in.

The kindertransport was different again, I'm glad we took in tge ones we did, but I wish this country had had the heart to take thousands more.

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
Agreed, I don't know the relevant laws, but I get the sense that the philosophy of asylum was designed to allow individuals or small groups to find a safe haven when in real danger in their own country..
Anti communist journalists in the USSR,
Leaders of banned political parties, the said parties being the sort that would be acceptable in the UK... and so on. But the essence being one or two people or small groups.*

I can't see that it was ever envisaged that 'asylum' would be used to justify economic migration, mass population movements, homosexuals looking for safe places to homosexualise etc. Etc. In fact didn't it used to be called 'political asylum'?

* I know, but the world was a different place when the Huguenots came here. There was no welfare state, there was little/no cost to the tax payer, and being Protestants they were positively welcomed and fitted right in.

The kindertransport was different again, I'm glad we took in tge ones we did, but I wish this country had had the heart to take thousands more.
It’s taken a few pages to get here, but this point of view is: a) practical; b) palatable to the public; c) a means to reduce migration.

Why can a couple of blokes on arrse come up with this, while our elected politicians are unable to make coherent arguments?

As an aside: the hugenots and Kinder transport are good examples of asylum working, where neighbouring countries take people in.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s taken a few pages to get here, but this point of view is: a) practical; b) palatable to the public; c) a means to reduce migration.

Why can a couple of blokes on arrse come up with this, while our elected politicians are unable to make coherent arguments?

As an aside: the hugenots and Kinder transport are good examples of asylum working, where neighbouring countries take people in.
Because none of us have a financial interest in it

skeetstar

War Hero

Yes, neighbouring.. that hadn't occurred to me.

Protecting your borders, it's a matter of willpower:

Poland has deployed over 20,000 border guards, soldiers and police in a sealed-off border zone, while Belarusian authorities have taken many migrants back to Minsk with the apparent aim of letting them return to their home countries.

One could also mention a large influx of Hungarian and, Ukrainian refugees in the 50's that always goes unmentioned !

I always tell the tossers,that go on about "other EU countries are taking more than us"...a) we tend to have a higher population density then most of 'em and, b) we've been taking in refugees since the Middle ages,a majority of whom came from those same European countries, all of whom have been assimilated into society.

Latest Threads