The UK/European migrant problem

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Some updated figures are coming for yesterday...

320 migrants not 59.. Nothing official from Home Office yet...

Last edited:
Hopefully due to embarrassment.
They should be embarrassed . . . I find myself irritated by them getting unnecessarily involved (and, being "manipulated"), with the(ir) inappropriate actions, wasting valuable resources, and the time and goodwill of their own volunteer crews . . . dragging them away from their jobs with every "shout" to launch !!

However, I would rather be irritated and KNOW what they are doing, rather than be in the dark , and NOT know !!

I will visit the "ship traffic" site, but I anticipate the RNLI will have turned-off their position transmission indicators :( .

Last edited:

endure

GCM
RNLI volunteers have been risking their own lives rescuing people in trouble at sea without fear or favour since 1824. Long may they continue to do so.

Londo

LE
RNLI volunteers have been risking their own lives rescuing people in trouble at sea without fear or favour since 1824. Long may they continue to do so.
Well said . However I do resent them having to risk their lives and put livelyhoods at risk by having to put to sea on a daily basis to rescue those that deliberately and willingly put their own lives at risk .

Last edited:
Well said . However I do resent them having to risk their lives and livelyhoods at risk by having to put to sea on a daily basis to rescue those that deliberately and willingly put their own lives at risk .

Indeed, it's going above and beyond a reasonable commitment from volunteers. I would hope "words are being said" at a high level and just maybe the Govt. are contributing something to the costs.

Londo

LE
Indeed, it's going above and beyond a reasonable commitment from volunteers. I would hope "words are being said" at a high level and just maybe the Govt. are contributing something to the costs.
I would think that the need to 'rescue' come down from high level and I do hope the govt are contributing to the cost .

I would think that the need to 'rescue' come down from high level and I do hope the govt are contributing to the cost .

AIUI, the RNLI are basically working for the Coastguard, at no cost to the Govt. I know they're proud of their independence, but I think there's a good case here to ask for support. It might be happening already, none of our business really. The other issue is the call on the volunteer crews with other jobs. The RNLI has some staff at HQ who can go out and crew boats. They might also be asking around the country for any crew with a bit of spare time who could help out, they already do this for holiday reliefs. Whatever, it's still a big drain on resources and goodwill.

This particular topic of discussion - within this thread - has been round the same buoy a great number of times !!

If the buggers have reached the English side of the Channel, they have demonstrated that their "craft" is sea-worthy . . . if not particularly "pretty" . . . or what you, I, sensible people, would choose to cross the Channel.

The word "rescue" is ambiguous in the extreme :( .

endure

GCM
Well said . However I do resent them having to risk their lives and put livelyhoods at risk by having to put to sea on a daily basis to rescue those that deliberately and willingly put their own lives at risk .

They're not really interested in your opinion. They risk their lives without fear or favour for people who are in trouble on the sea.

They're volunteers. If they didn't agree with the aims of the RNLI then they wouldn't put their lives at risk on a regular basis.

They're not really interested in your opinion.

If they wish to continue receiving generous financial, and goodwill, support from the general public, then maybe they should be interested in how their actions are interested viewed, regarded by their (former) supports !!

They risk their lives without fear or favour for people who are in trouble on the sea.

Thank goodness for that . . . BUT, as mentioned many times, the definition of "people who are in trouble on the sea", is NOT something that can be, should be, applied to proven, serviceable, sea-worthy inflatables!!

They're volunteers. If they didn't agree with the aims of the RNLI then they wouldn't put their lives at risk on a regular basis.

It will be interesting to see, when, how, if, any volunteers begin to resign :( .

Last edited:

endure

GCM
If they wish to continue receiving generous financial, and goodwill, support from the general public, then maybe they should be interested in how their actions are interested !!
They will continue to receive generous support from the general public - perhaps not from the arrserati who constitute a vanishingly small percentage of their contributors.

endure

GCM
It will be interesting to see, when, how, if, any volunteers begin to resign :( .
It certainly will. People who volunteer to risk their lives on behalf of strangers aren't really concerned about those stranger's status - just the fact that their lives are at risk.

You really don't understand why the RNLI exists do you?

Latest Threads