The UK/European migrant problem

You do realise that there's no difference between an illegal immigrant and an asylum seeker other than the illegal asking for asylum? That's how it all works...

No, it doesn't.

'You must apply for asylum if you want to stay in the UK as a refugee.'

Once an application for asylum has been made, that establishes an individuals status. The application then proceeds through the system.

An illegal immigrant has elected to remain outside that system.

endure

GCM
No, it doesn't.

'You must apply for asylum if you want to stay in the UK as a refugee.'

Once an application for asylum has been made, that establishes an individuals status. The application then proceeds through the system.

An illegal immigrant has elected to remain outside that system.
When someone arrives on the beach at Dover they're an illegal immigrant. As soon as they declare they're seeking asylum their legal status changes to asylum seeker.

I think it's an even split between them and rocket scientists, engineers and teachers so about 25% will be doctors
....and what about the unaccompanied children?
E62AzPFXEAEQbBb.jpg

When someone arrives on the beach at Dover they're an illegal immigrant. As soon as they declare they're seeking asylum their legal status changes to asylum seeker.

Your strawman argument cunningly ignored my final sentence:

'An illegal immigrant has elected to remain outside that system.'

Vast numbers of these MAMs choose not to apply for asylum.

endure

GCM
Your strawman argument cunningly ignored my final sentence:

'An illegal immigrant has elected to remain outside that system.'

Vast numbers of these MAMs choose not to apply for asylum.
It didn't ignore anything. I'm pointing out the legal status of asylum seekers. If an illegal chooses not to seek asylum then he's still an illegal immigrant. I would have thought that was obvious...

It didn't ignore anything. I'm pointing out the legal status of asylum seekers. If an illegal chooses not to seek asylum then he's still an illegal immigrant. I would have thought that was obvious...

please stop with your arkward facts!

There is no requirement in tbe various treaties to go to the nearest embassy or consulate.
There is a requirement to claim asylum in the first safe country they get to.

But well done on the obfuscation.

@PhotEx I assume from your silence that these questions are too hard for you to answer
He, like I, may not have the solution to the problem.

But I think it is fair to point out that acting unlawfully, or illegally is not the answer.

Neither is ‘change the law’ when there is no real chance that doing so will have any chance of success.

ETA: a lot of the commentary on here is of the same standard as the pub moron in the 80’s proclaiming that the solution to the troubles in NI was to “just round up all the terrorists and machine gun them, that’s what I’d do!”

Stan_Deesey

Old-Salt
ETA: a lot of the commentary on here is of the same standard as the pub moron in the 80’s proclaiming that the solution to the troubles in NI was to “just round up all the terrorists and machine gun them, that’s what I’d do!”

I agree with you there. This thread has led me to recall some other solutions that I heard mooted during the 1970s and 80s: Helpful suggestions such as, ´Drop a nuclear bomb on it´, and, ´Pull out the plug and let it flow down the hole´.

Latest Threads