The UK/European migrant problem

Londo

LE
Next time a brain surgeon, Oxbridge or Ivy League graduate or any other professional arrives here illegally on a rubber boat please let us know.

I would have thought it would be easier for them to arrive officially, what with them being professionals.

I suppose some of them may have the potential to become professionals, but that's at the cost to the state and at the expense of the kids who were born here when it should be their birth right.
Exactly . One of the TV programs was making a huge song and dance the other week about someone that came over here on the back of a truck as an illegal .
He studied and became a doctor or something .
(Can't remember as wasn't taking a huge amount of notice)

I'm sure that if there were more success stories like his they would have been shouting from the rooftops about them as well .

So that's one success story out of how many thousands of illegals ?

Not sure what she has been doing for most of today . . . but, 23 hours ago, what I refer to as the "Mother Ship" (because of her large size, in relation to the French "navy" ships), was clearly well inside UK waters . . .

Capture.PNG

Helicopter over the Channel a few minutes ago, and now as shown below.

Presumably another expensive Home Office contract ?!

Capture.PNG

endure

GCM
Exactly . One of the TV programs was making a huge song and dance the other week about someone that came over here on the back of a truck as an illegal .
He studied and became a doctor or something .
(Can't remember as wasn't taking a huge amount of notice)

I'm sure that if there were more success stories like his they would have been shouting from the rooftops about them as well .

So that's one success story out of how many thousands of illegals ?
How about a Kurd whose parents were farmers who asked for asylum in the UK and who went on to win the Fields Medal (the Nobel Prize for mathematicians)?

Londo

LE
Sometimes I like having a bit of banter with him , although when the trolling gets too much I just scroll past his posts and ignore him that way .

Nobody on my ignore list at the moment . .

Ditto, the bottom line is that, while some sound off about the use for a 'Trebuchet' and the like in most cases they are angry, justifiably so at seeing decades of the asylum system being abused, and government doing nothing to stop what many see as the destruction of a high trust society being dragged into a low trust society.

Those who wave away any such concerns about mass illegal migration are the same sort who bleat on that the countries welfare system 'must be maintained'... But never square away that open borders will see the end of it, still I suspect they are the "Anywheres rather than the somewheres", as that well known alt right figure David Goodhart, writes about.

If it all burns down they are to blame, not the "somewheres" who they so seem to despise.

Goodhart first wrote that "sharing and solidarity can conflict with diversity", in an essay "Too diverse?" published by Prospect in February 2004.[15] Trevor Phillips, then chairman of the Commission for Racial Equality, described such arguments as being those of "liberal Powellites", after the Conservative politician Enoch Powell.[16]

In the book The British Dream: Successes and Failures of Post-war Immigration (2013), Goodhart argues that high immigration can undermine national solidarity and be a threat to social democratic ideals about a welfare state. He advocates that immigration to the United Kingdom should be reduced and more emphasis put on integrating immigrants.[17][18]

The Road to Somewhere was published in 2017. A fault line in Britain existed, he suggested, between "Somewheres", those people firmly connected to a specific community which consists of about half the population, "Inbetweeners", and "Anywheres", those usually living in cities, who are socially liberal and well educated, the latter being only a minority of about 20% to 25% of the total population, but who in fact had "over-ruled" the attitudes of the majority.[19] Jonathan Freedland in The Guardian believed it could be argued New Labour had actually often had the Somewheres in mind in policies espousing an "Asbo culture" and the "prison works" attitude which they continued from Michael Howard's earlier period as Home Secretary.[19]

Writing for The Daily Telegraph in 2018, Goodhart described the Windrush scandal as "an error of over-zealous control" which "must not lead to a radical watering-down of the so-called 'hostile environment'".[14]

You do realise that there's no difference between an illegal immigrant and an asylum seeker other than the illegal asking for asylum? That's how it all works...

That is both factually and morally wrong... We either have a law based system or we invite law of the jungle, choose wisely.

France says its Navy STILL won't turn migrant boats around in the Channel despite Priti Patel's extra £54m funding – which will instead provide 'one policeman per mile of coastline'​

That is both factually and morally wrong... We either have a law based system or we invite law of the jungle, choose wisely.
@endure I also have to agree with that logic.

As for @PhotEx … don’t you have unfinished business on another thread where you are spouting effluent diametrically opposed to the guff you are on this thread?

You need to have serious words with your continuity department mate :)

You‘re not called Meghan are you?.

you appear to be very unaware of many things.

There is even now an initiative by the BMA to assist with the issue details under

”….
Now RefuAid has asked Mr Hancock for a temporary licence to allow refugee medics to practice procedures such as intubation, vital for treating patients critically ill with the disease. “If people have worked at the last hospital in Aleppo and have been intubating patients in very high stress, low resource circumstances, these are exactly the sort of people we need right now,” Tamsyn Brewster, co-founder of RefuAid, said. Last week, following the introduction of emergency powers by the government, the General Medical Council wrote to around 15,000 doctors who left the profession in Britain in the past three years, asking them to help the NHS treat the surge in patients infected with coronavirus. The GMC, which maintains the UK’s official register for medical practitioners, has also said it may introduce further measures to register final-year medical students to enable them to practise as doctors. But while the professional body said it was “prioritising registration applications to get doctors on to our register . . . as quickly as possible”, it stressed every doctor should have “the necessary skills and knowledge” to practice safely in the UK, including English language skills. Dr Hiba Al Zamzamy, who founded advocacy group Medical Professionals Seeking Registration in the UK, said it represents hundreds of doctors, including refugees, other migrants and people who are now British citizens, struggling to be formally registered in the UK. Recommended News in-depthCoronavirus pandemic Bed-cutting policy leaves NHS short of resources “There is a shortage in the NHS and doctors who are able and willing to help,” she said. “Why not allow them to overcome the problem of registration now, so they can be a part of this solution to the national emergency?” In order to practise in the UK, doctors who have qualified overseas must achieve a high grade in an English language test and pass a theoretical and a practical exam, before formally registering with the GMC. But the final stage exams, called PLAB 2, have been cancelled as a result of coronavirus. Dr Ahmed Al-Qassab, an orthopaedic surgeon from Iraq who was preparing to sit the PLAB exam this month, said: “I have 13 years as a medical doctor, half of them I work in Fallujah city, with mass casualties, so I am used to these intensive care situations.” Dr Al-Zamzamy, an ophthalmologist with years of experience in her native Sudan, has been in the UK since 2013, but has not yet been able to obtain a licence. Although she speaks English fluently she said language requirements, which require proficiency higher than native fluency, are the biggest barrier to registration. “I became a British citizen, I am part of this community, I have a role to do,” she said. “We need to be looked at as a group of people as part of this country, as part of this crisis.” When asked about the issue in parliament on Wednesday, Mr Hancock said he would “absolutely pick up” on the possibility of fast-tracking refugee doctors. “We have already shown in the bill we are willing to put people back into service and also put into service those who are towards the end of their training to make sure we get as many people in full service as possible,” Mr Hancock said.”

And how many Drs arrive in those rubber boats then? The article says refugees, that's not same as illegal immigrants.

You do realise that there's no difference between an illegal immigrant and an asylum seeker other than the illegal asking for asylum? That's how it all works...
So economic migrants are asylum seekers? If someone is seeking asylum they go to an embassy/consulate and declare it there, not pay thousands of (insert currency here) to smugglers to enter a country illegally. These people know they have no right to claim asylum, that is why they circumvent the legal channels.

Are you of the opinion that they're all refugees as well?

So economic migrants are asylum seekers? If someone is seeking asylum they go to an embassy/consulate and declare it there, not pay thousands of (insert currency here) to smugglers to enter a country illegally. These people know they have no right to claim asylum, that is why they circumvent the legal channels.

There is no requirement in tbe various treaties to go to the nearest embassy or consulate.

France says its Navy STILL won't turn migrant boats around in the Channel despite Priti Patel's extra £54m funding – which will instead provide 'one policeman per mile of coastline'​

How are they supposed to turn around a heavily laden rubber boat without putting the occupants at risk?

You cannot ordinarily seek asylum in an Embassy or consulate. People do try it, though. See also Julian Assange