The UK/European migrant problem

1626896885300.png

I see, so no educated and skilled people east of Dover?
We've imported something in the region of 3 million people in the past 20 years, yet the NHS is still short of doctors, dentists and nurses. Please, do educate us why that is.

with CS applications, you cannot list your university, nationality or gender in your application. CVs, personal statements etc are scanned for references and are rejected if found to contain these references (a declaration also has to be signed). Of course, if you get to an interview your gender etc can be seen but they cannot ask you about marital status, health, economic background etc. An interviewee could reveal university or school, but it's unlikely to be germaine to the interview or role.
That may be the case but I didn’t do CS application, I went straight into customs, I wasn’t allocated. My first question was can you drive a van? That was by the Scotsman who ran stores branch in Woolwich

I see, so no educated and skilled people east of Dover?
I was unaware that skilled and educated people were arriving on our shores in rubber boats illegally.

Things must be pretty bad in war-torn France if all these brilliant and bright people are resorting to such measures.

I was unaware that skilled and educated people were arriving on our shores in rubber boats illegally.

you appear to be very unaware of many things.

There is even now an initiative by the BMA to assist with the issue details under

”….
Now RefuAid has asked Mr Hancock for a temporary licence to allow refugee medics to practice procedures such as intubation, vital for treating patients critically ill with the disease. “If people have worked at the last hospital in Aleppo and have been intubating patients in very high stress, low resource circumstances, these are exactly the sort of people we need right now,” Tamsyn Brewster, co-founder of RefuAid, said. Last week, following the introduction of emergency powers by the government, the General Medical Council wrote to around 15,000 doctors who left the profession in Britain in the past three years, asking them to help the NHS treat the surge in patients infected with coronavirus. The GMC, which maintains the UK’s official register for medical practitioners, has also said it may introduce further measures to register final-year medical students to enable them to practise as doctors. But while the professional body said it was “prioritising registration applications to get doctors on to our register . . . as quickly as possible”, it stressed every doctor should have “the necessary skills and knowledge” to practice safely in the UK, including English language skills. Dr Hiba Al Zamzamy, who founded advocacy group Medical Professionals Seeking Registration in the UK, said it represents hundreds of doctors, including refugees, other migrants and people who are now British citizens, struggling to be formally registered in the UK. Recommended News in-depthCoronavirus pandemic Bed-cutting policy leaves NHS short of resources “There is a shortage in the NHS and doctors who are able and willing to help,” she said. “Why not allow them to overcome the problem of registration now, so they can be a part of this solution to the national emergency?” In order to practise in the UK, doctors who have qualified overseas must achieve a high grade in an English language test and pass a theoretical and a practical exam, before formally registering with the GMC. But the final stage exams, called PLAB 2, have been cancelled as a result of coronavirus. Dr Ahmed Al-Qassab, an orthopaedic surgeon from Iraq who was preparing to sit the PLAB exam this month, said: “I have 13 years as a medical doctor, half of them I work in Fallujah city, with mass casualties, so I am used to these intensive care situations.” Dr Al-Zamzamy, an ophthalmologist with years of experience in her native Sudan, has been in the UK since 2013, but has not yet been able to obtain a licence. Although she speaks English fluently she said language requirements, which require proficiency higher than native fluency, are the biggest barrier to registration. “I became a British citizen, I am part of this community, I have a role to do,” she said. “We need to be looked at as a group of people as part of this country, as part of this crisis.” When asked about the issue in parliament on Wednesday, Mr Hancock said he would “absolutely pick up” on the possibility of fast-tracking refugee doctors. “We have already shown in the bill we are willing to put people back into service and also put into service those who are towards the end of their training to make sure we get as many people in full service as possible,” Mr Hancock said.”

Last edited:
We've imported something in the region of 3 million people in the past 20 years, yet the NHS is still short of doctors, dentists and nurses. Please, do educate us why that is.
Imagine if everyone in the EU was allowed to use the WHS?

you appear to be very unaware of many things.

Next time a brain surgeon, Oxbridge or Ivy League graduate or any other professional arrives here illegally on a rubber boat please let us know.

I would have thought it would be easier for them to arrive officially, what with them being professionals.

I suppose some of them may have the potential to become professionals, but that's at the cost to the state and at the expense of the kids who were born here when it should be their birth right.

I have no drams with them disappearing into the black economy at least they aren't a drain on the taxpayer and will have to fend for them selves
They have to eat and live so will pay VAT on food and so on when they buy it so will contribute
OK as far as it goes, and worth exploring further. Maybe as temporary 'work on bail'. They're already talking about electronic tags.....but then there's medical treatment at A&E (or none & some poor bggers wandering about with fewer fingers, TB, norovirus, salmonella) , no training or H&S...
- do you want someone who doesn't/can't understand building regs working on your house? Blockwork & digging, maybe, electrics, no'
- Someone with no training or care about your food , if it falls on the floor, rinse it off or it comes out of your wages; same goes for green bits on 'lamb' or chicken...blood on lettuce, from meat or cuts? well, it washes off OK
- taxi-driving, let alone food-mopeds & then transits, lorries...

Not having a go at you, by the way, yr post was just the last I read, but we'd need a lot more cops, HSE, Env Health, Immgn Enforcement.

Why do we need exceptions? Why not let any of them that want to work do so? I suspect most of them would rather work than live on 37 quid a week which is what asylum seekers get.
Working to send money home is common to 'new'EU (as was) & NonEU...it's what most want to do, with the distant prospect of maybe settling in future. EDIT: i.e. what drew 'huddled masses' from Europe to USA.
There are always the types that rock up, get three women pregnant as 'anchors/rob a bank/drugs straight away, but there are less of them

Last edited: