The UK/European migrant problem

I'd bet most don't get overtime. For years their contract has been (e.g.) 2000hrs/year, we'll tell you where and when. No overtime, e.g10% uplift for working weekends.

There might be a few ex-HMCE staff on the Cutters and CPVs on legacy AAA T&CS, but it would be no more than that. Almost all will be on AHW i.e. c.2,200 hrs pa with up-front payments for flexible changes, nights, etc.

I still don't think that amounts to contempt of court. The DM weren't prosecuted for their 'enemies of the people' rant at the Supreme Court judges during the Brexit vote. Judges are critisised all the time by both social media and MSM for their sentencing decisions all the time.
I would suggest that making openly racial slurs against a judge is not a wise COA.

I'd bet most don't get overtime. For years their contract has been (e.g.) 2000hrs/year, we'll tell you where and when. No overtime, e.g10% uplift for working weekends.
I would have thought like you too . . until Mrs RCT(V) started working for the NHS.

She is on a contract, with (minimum) set hours/rate.

But, increments for night work and weekends. And although they have just introduced a ban on agency staff, their own "contracted" staff, can book additional shifts as "Bank Workers".

Question: does BF normally employ so many, able to "commute" on a daily basis to Dover, or are we also paying hardship allowances, and living-away-from-home (separation) allowances?!

None of them seem to resent their circumstances. As I've long suspected, they seem to actually enjoy their work, undermining the Department's attempt to deliver on the last election !! :( .

I still don't think that amounts to contempt of court. The DM weren't prosecuted for their 'enemies of the people' rant at the Supreme Court judges during the Brexit vote. Judges are critisised all the time by both social media and MSM for their sentencing decisions all the time.
Depends if you are talking about civil or criminal contempt.
Criminal contempt means geographically within the court room itself or in its precincts, and doesn't automatically mean whole of the court building.
As in the police room at a rather nice Crown Court in Hans Crescent was not thought to be by the Recorder of the time.
Depends on the circumstances and judge on the day I would say, otherwise 50% of disappointed lawyers leaving court rooms on any given day would be guilty of doing it too.
Civil contempt is much more wide-ranging in its scope.

A new path to inject migrants into Europe through Belarus and Lithuania.

Both Belarus and Russia are more than happy to get even with Europe after the sanctions they received. As pointed out earlier, Putin has ID'd the best way to target EU unity: migration.

Tadeusz Giczan (@TadeuszGiczan) a tweeté : Belarusian authorities started to smuggle illegal immigrants from Iraq to Europe. A video shows Lithuanians building a temporary camp for migrants coming from Belarus. Lithuania says a state of emergency could be declared if the situation gets worse. Meanwhile, we received 1/4 https://t.co/xR86pUCvnd

A new path to inject migrants into Europe through Belarus and Lithuania.

Both Belarus and Russia are more than happy to get even with Europe after the sanctions they received. As pointed out earlier, Putin has ID'd the best way to target EU unity: migration.

Tadeusz Giczan (@TadeuszGiczan) a tweeté : Belarusian authorities started to smuggle illegal immigrants from Iraq to Europe. A video shows Lithuanians building a temporary camp for migrants coming from Belarus. Lithuania says a state of emergency could be declared if the situation gets worse. Meanwhile, we received 1/4 https://t.co/xR86pUCvnd
Rather than Lithuania building "temporary camps", it might be suggested the erect/build impenetrable border fences as has done Hungary, and Greece, that can be defended to repulse invaders.

Londo

LE
From the woke article
“My feet were swelling and bleeding. It was too tight and it got infected,” he said. “I have no idea when it’s going to be taken off. I feel bad, I feel down, I feel anxious; I don’t know how to describe it in words. I’m not having my freedom like other people do.”

One woman who participated in the study said the ankle monitor physically prevented her from kneeling down to pray, while another said she had stopped taking her son to the playground because it made other parents uncomfortable.

The first bloke sounds like a whinger to me .
He's lucky he's here and not in some fly blown country where if they don't like you they have been known to chop a foot off . Perhaps he would prefer that .

The last one must be showing an ankle . Stone her .

From the woke article
“My feet were swelling and bleeding. It was too tight and it got infected,” he said. “I have no idea when it’s going to be taken off. I feel bad, I feel down, I feel anxious; I don’t know how to describe it in words. I’m not having my freedom like other people do.”

One woman who participated in the study said the ankle monitor physically prevented her from kneeling down to pray, while another said she had stopped taking her son to the playground because it made other parents uncomfortable.

He's lucky he's here and not in some fly blown country where if they don't like you they have been known to chop a foot off . Perhaps he would prefer that .

Knows the right woke words though

happyuk

War Hero
A French teenager has attended the first day of a trial against 13 people accused of sending abusive messages after she posted videos criticising Islam. Mila was 16 when her first Instagram clip went viral.

She has since received 100,000 hate messages, her lawyer says, and lives under 24-hour police protection. Ten men and three women aged between 18 and 30 are standing trial. Eight are accused of making death threats.

Mila, who has now turned 18, is identified only by her first name in France. Her story has revived debate about freedom of speech, as well as protection for schoolchildren from online bullying. A schoolteacher was murdered last October close to his school near Paris, days after showing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad to a class discussing freedom of expression.

The France Mila Affair

I guess this is what happens when half your population is Muslim. This girl has balls.

From the woke article

I seem to recall neck worn ones in some 80s Arnie type film.
Came complete with a smidgen of pe.
Stray ye not...

The one next to Harrods. That was a good Crown Court. A pity they closed it down.
Yeah, Blackfriars was a cnut to get to from anywhere except Blackfriars.
But back to topic, much rending of garbs, wailing and gnashing of teeth within the immigration industry as a small northern european nation shows us all the right way out of all this kerfuffle.

syrup

LE
Yeah, Blackfriars was a cnut to get to from anywhere except Blackfriars.
But back to topic, much rending of garbs, wailing and gnashing of teeth within the immigration industry as a small northern european nation shows us all the right way out of all this kerfuffle.

Guess who is about to arrive at a shore near Kent soon?
He'll already be getting advise from "Charities" over here that we'll fall his mental health bollox*
No doubt we'll get told when he arrives he has half a law degree and will be an asset to our society

*Not trying to diminish genuine mental health but it's almost like they are reading from a script.
We have plenty of people with mental health issues are they simply allowed to pick a country, arrive and demand an all expenses paid lifestyle on the tax payers of that Nation

Guess who is about to arrive at a shore near Kent soon?
He'll already be getting advise from "Charities" over here that we'll fall his mental health bollox*
No doubt we'll get told when he arrives he has half a law degree and will be an asset to our society

*Not trying to diminish genuine mental health but it's almost like they are reading from a script.
We have plenty of people with mental health issues are they simply allowed to pick a country, arrive and demand an all expenses paid lifestyle on the tax payers of that Nation
I hear swimming is good for your mental health. Let's give him a chance, if he can swim here from Denmark, we'll let him through.

Latest Threads