The UK/European migrant problem

I'm in shock! (again)

I replied by e mail to my MP's letter from earlier in the thread. He sent back at me this morning!
I'm wondering if they are getting short of votes round here...

Anyway in my message I questioned the necessity of 'consultations' and to take action immediately. He tells me that it is required by law that such steps are taken before they are able to legislate.

I'm not going to reply but I call BS.
I recall several new urgent laws brought in rapidly without much discussion very recently!

You cant send them to Wales, that's inhuman
Exactly, they have to cross England to get there and are therefore not refugees.

Any of them entering Wales should be returned back to the last safe country they were in and be given residency in England.

Only seems fair, they seem to thrive in your cities.

Exactly, they have to cross England to get there and are therefore not refugees.

Any of them entering Wales should be returned back to the last safe country they were in and be given residency in England.

Only seems fair, they seem to thrive in your cities.
iu

I'm in shock! (again)

I replied by e mail to my MP's letter from earlier in the thread. He sent back at me this morning!
I'm wondering if they are getting short of votes round here...

Anyway in my message I questioned the necessity of 'consultations' and to take action immediately. He tells me that it is required by law that such steps are taken before they are able to legislate.

I'm not going to reply but I call BS.
I recall several new urgent laws brought in rapidly without much discussion very recently!
Received yesterday by e-Mail . . .

Thank you for signing up to and showing continued interest in the online consultation on the New Plan for Immigration, and for submitting your response if you have already done so.

This is a reminder that the consultation closing date is Thursday 6th of May at 11.45pm.

If you have not yet submitted a response and wish to feed back on the New Plan for Immigration, please do so ahead of this date. You will be able to log in to the online consultation home page by clicking the button below.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

With an invitation to "Sign-up" and respond/contribute . . .

Last edited:
So by start of play on the 7th they will know what they already know, that we want illegal immigration stopped dead.
I'll expect a Bill to move Monday of the next week then...

I won't hold my breath.
(Interesting date the 6th. Isn't something occurring? Oh.)

There is now, only a couple of days until the dead-line, closing-date (06 MAY 2021), for contributions to be submitted to the on-line consultation "New Plan for Immigration: Main questionnaire" . . . of which there are actually TWO separate questionnaires !!

https://newplanforimmigration.com/en/

Within both questionnaires, there is the opportunity at the bottom/end of the several (8-10), different multiple-choice sections, to add one's thoughts and ideas, in free/open text, written form.

My attitude to the questionnaire, and the whole consultative process, is explained below, which I took the opportunity to <PASTE> into each/all of those free text boxes.

[Note: I ignored all the mind-numbing multiple-choice questions !! ].

Consultation on the New Plan for Immigration

I have tried to complete the elaborate, comprehensive, and exhaustive, on-line questionnaire, posted by the Home Office, to enable contributions to the debate on general immigration into the United Kingdom.

The whole discussion seems to be driven with the naive enthusiasm of a recently recruited graduate; and, planned with the wiliness of the cynical procrastination of a “Sir Humphrey” time-served Civil Servant!

It is certain that the elaborate, comprehensive, and exhaustive, on-line questionnaire, will be useful in fine-tuning the legislation with regard to legitimate applicants.

I am sure that those who are responsible will be able to fine-tune with legislation, the requirements for . . . uniting family members . . . determining the different timings . . . and, the differing status, etc . . . of legitimate applicants.

My concern, and interest, is with the subject of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, that is similarly of interest and a concern to many, many others.

The on-line questionnaire is an irrelevant palliative, serving only to distract, obfuscate, and confuse the discussion about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. I recognise “displacement activity” when I see it . . . and, the on-line questionnaire contributes nothing constructive to the problem subject of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

It is already accepted that the UK will not allow immigrants with a CRIMINAL RECORD, to enter and settle in the country.

Entering the country other than by established approved channels, is a de facto ILLEGAL ACT.

ILLAGAL IMMIGRANTS, are therefore - by definition - CRIMINALS, as soon as they arrive in the UK.

They should not be “rescued”, processed, housed . . . They should be IMMEDIATELY removed from the UK. There is no need, no justification, no reason, to debate their status. They are criminals.

Worse still, is that the BORDER FORCE department within the Home Office, are complicit in directly “facilitating” . . . and therefore ENCOURAGING . . . this criminal, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.

There is absolutely no reason, no justification, for any of the vocabulary surrounding and associated with ASSYLUM, to be included, allowed or recognised, when discussing ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Those departing from France/mainland Europe, CAN NOT be in any sort of danger. They are NOT being deprived of their “Civil liberties”. They are NOT being deprived of their “Human Rights”.

We do not know the number of ILLEGAL IMMIGRINTS crossing the English Channel, who are not “rescued” by BORDER FORCE. But we do know . . . that those who attempt the crossing without the assistance and encouragement of BORDER FORCE, ARE ALL SUCCESSFUL. There have been NONE washed-up, dead, on our beaches. They are not “in danger”. They do NOT need “rescuing”. Therefore, the boats, “Cutters”, operated by BORDER FORCE, should all be immediately removed as an expensive, unnecessary, and counter-productive irrelevance.

Those sections of the on-line questionnaire that concern ILLEGAL MIGRANTS, simply serve to formalise, legitimise, “codify”, and institutionalise, the CRIMINAL ILLAGAL IMMIGRANTS !!

On the singular, specific, subject of deterring CRIMINAL ILLAGAL IMMIGRANTION, it is hoped that the above will cut-through the “fog” of obfuscation, surrounding, and within the on-line questionnaire. The on-line questionnaire can itself be interpreted as, regarded as, an irrelevant palliative, a “displacement activity”, intended to enable those who are responsible, to ignore the situation, rather than recognising and decisively acting upon the subject of CRIMINAL ILLAGAL IMMIGRANTION.

[END]

Last edited:
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, are therefore - by definition - CRIMINALS, as soon as they arrive in the UK.
Yes, no one who does not have leave to enter, is here illegally.

They should not be “rescued”, processed, housed . .
They can't be by definition, except for detention.
They should be IMMEDIATELY removed from the UK. There is no need, no justification, no reason, to debate their status. They are criminals.
Slight problem, we can only remove them subject to the approval of the originating Nation- in this case France and that can only lead to a Mexican standoff because France will not apply it's own laws.
We have an obligation under Human rights to effect rescue. What we should be doing is suing the Arse off France and by definition Brussels for allowing the endangerment of human life and thereby abrogating their responsibility to deal with migration under the Lisbon treaty
They should not be “rescued”, processed, housed . . . They should be IMMEDIATELY removed from the UK. There is no need, no justification, no reason, to debate their status. They are criminals.
We agree violently, however a person rescued is deemed to have conditional leave to remain (AIUI) until such time as repatriation ( as applies to seamen) can be effected. They are not here illegally- they are being refused return rights illegally. As I said before send a whopping great bill to the French and tell them that that until such time as it is paid that a levy will be charged on all French products until such time as it is paid.

Yes, no one who does not have leave to enter, is here illegally.

They can't be by definition, except for detention.

Slight problem, we can only remove them subject to the approval of the originating Nation- in this case France and that can only lead to a Mexican standoff because France will not apply it's own laws.
We have an obligation under Human rights to effect rescue. What we should be doing is suing the Arrse off France and by definition Brussels for allowing the endangerment of human life and thereby abrogating their responsibility to deal with migration under the Lisbon treaty

We agree violently, however a person rescued is deemed to have conditional leave to remain (AIUI) until such time as repatriation ( as applies to seamen) can be effected. They are not here illegally- they are being refused return rights illegally. As I said before send a whopping great bill to the French and tell them that that until such time as it is paid that a levy will be charged on all French products until such time as it is paid.
Nobody needs to be "rescued" . . .

". . . we do know . . . that those who attempt the crossing without the assistance and encouragement of BORDER FORCE, ARE ALL SUCCESSFUL. There have been NONE washed-up, dead, on our beaches. They are not “in danger”. They do NOT need “rescuing”. Therefore, the boats, “Cutters”, operated by BORDER FORCE, should all be immediately removed as an expensive, unnecessary, and counter-productive irrelevance".

If they are not "rescued" . . . if they get here on their own . . . they are "ILLEGALS", and have NO conditional leave to remain.

France . . . Pah! If they are looking for a volunteer, I will quite happily ferry the ILLEGALS down to the Bay of Biscay, and - close to the French coast - shove them overboard closely followed by their inflatable :( .

I'm losing patience !!

France . . . Pah! If they are looking for a volunteer, I will quite happily ferry the ILLEGALS down to the Bay of Biscay, and - close to the French coast - shove them overboard closely followed by their inflatable :(
Now that’s not you,and you know it. The point is that crossing the channel can be extremely dangerous, not least due to the volume of traffic. The need to rescue is debatable I grant you, but it’s as debatable as the French authorities turning a blind eye, and we may be mugs but we are showing the EU up as a bunch of incompetents and there is a battle still ongoing. Point being if the EU is adamant that individual rights matter to that extent, they cannot argue that Law and order issues matter to the EU.

Now that’s not you, and you know it.
@LeoRoverman , I don't know what impression you have gained from the "profile" . . . that I may have (inadvertently), established by posting on ARRSE . . . but I can assure you . . . that myself and many others (on a number of different social platforms and MSM), are totally disillusioned with the BF complicity in the current situation :( !!

You, BF, no-one, should be surprised when individuals are sufficiently motivated, that they decide "direct action" is necessary :( !!
The point is that crossing the channel can be extremely dangerous, not least due to the volume of traffic. The need to rescue is debatable I grant you, but it’s as debatable as the French authorities turning a blind eye, and we may be mugs but we are showing the EU up as a bunch of incompetents and there is a battle still ongoing. Point being if the EU is adamant that individual rights matter to that extent, they cannot argue that Law and order issues matter to the EU.
I really, REALLY, could not give a toss to if we are "showing-up" the French and/or Brussels !!

Last edited:
@LeoRoverman , I don't know what impression you have gained from the "profile" . . . that I may have (inadvertently), established by posting on ARRSE . . . but I can assure you . . . that myself and many others (on a number of different social platforms and MSM), are totally disillusioned with the BF complicity in the current situation :( !!
what makes you think that others who actually have done the job or the current lot who have to, are anymore content than you. Police are thoroughly fed up with having their hands tied with procedure and Policy, which incidentally are not the law, so too are border Force with the constant ducking and diving. When you say BF complicity- they are public servants who want to do the best they can within constraints- they wouldn't be doing the job else.

Ultimately they follow Policy and Policy is driven by Politics and the Law. It certainly is a Nadir at the moment, but it's a harsh reality that when other countries won't comply with what it says on the tin, we pick up the pieces.

Now at the moment we have a mountain of sour grapes with which to contend. I agree with you we shouldn't have to but that's not how it works out.

Border force is no more complicit than it has to be, but the armed and civil services are all complicit in certain circumstances. That's their job to take the orders and accept- and that is what distinguishes us from the cretins across the water called the EU. I have no do doubt that there are French, Belgian and Dutch colleagues across there who are heartily sick of it too.

what makes you think that others who actually have done the job or the current lot who have to, are anymore content than you. Police are thoroughly fed up with having their hands tied with procedure and Policy, which incidentally are not the law, so too are border Force with the constant ducking and diving. When you say BF complicity- they are public servants who want to do the best they can within constraints- they wouldn't be doing the job else.

Ultimately they follow Policy and Policy is driven by Politics and the Law. It certainly is a Nadir at the moment, but it's a harsh reality that when other countries won't comply with what it says on the tin, we pick up the pieces.

Now at the moment we have a mountain of sour grapes with which to contend. I agree with you we shouldn't have to but that's not how it works out.

Border force is no more complicit than it has to be, but the armed and civil services are all complicit in certain circumstances. That's their job to take the orders and accept- and that is what distinguishes us from the cretins across the water called the EU. I have no do doubt that there are French, Belgian and Dutch colleagues across there who are heartily sick of it too.

Libya: How Frontex Helps Haul Migrants Back To Libyan Torture Camps.

It seems Europe is getting sick of the problem as well. As I am sure you know, Der Spiegel is very left wing, the German equivelent to the Guardian. It is always whinging about Frontex ignoring pushbacks in Greece, Croatia and in the Med off Italy. Not that anybody seems to give a toss except for a few dyed in the wool lefties.

I was watching Euro News the other day (know thy enemy) and the EU commission pointed out that of about 450,000 people in the EU who had been refused Asylum only about 130,000 had been removed and the EU needs to do better in removels.

Libya: How Frontex Helps Haul Migrants Back To Libyan Torture Camps.

It seems Europe is getting sick of the problem as well. As I am sure you know, Der Spiegel is very left wing, the German equivelent to the Guardian. It is always whinging about Frontex ignoring pushbacks in Greece, Croatia and in the Med off Italy. Not that anybody seems to give a toss except for a few dyed in the wool lefties.

I was watching Euro News the other day (know thy enemy) and the EU commission pointed out that of about 450,000 people in the EU who had been refused Asylum only about 130,000 had been removed and the EU needs to do better in removels.
Not only that, the EU was crowing last week that Frontex was getting boosted, but exactly how was not established.

Latest Threads