Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UK/European migrant problem

'This lack of humanity can't go on': Canary Islands struggle with huge rise in migration.

The European migration saga rumbles on. The EU and National governments appear powerless.

“Until we have a safe, legal and organised way for people to move about, we’re going to carry on seeing these irregular crossings,” says Santana.

We do have a safe, legal and organised way for people to move about Santana. Its called applying for a visa at your local Embassy or Consulate and then heading to the airport for a scheduled flight (Covid permitting of course).
Not only that, Santana needs to stick to playing his effing guitar and keeping his big nose out of this.

Bloody rock star 'know it alls'.

syrup

LE
This chap has his face blurred by the media as he claims to be 15.
When children at the school he attends started passing Snapchat images around of him saying he looked 40 their parents where called into the school to be informed it was bullying.
Given the "child" is clearly balding many parents thought they might have a case.

Coventry council maintain he is a child despite him reportedly having no documents on him.
Funny enough now questions are being asked he has absconded from the area.

From the paper we cannot mention in C.A

I can wish can't I ?
yes, just be careful what you wish for. I never wanted to carry arms as a Customs officer because in theory others would be doing their job properly. The Fact the French can't/won't do their job properly is half the problem, and they are armed. Our coast guard is there to protect seafarers, not repel borders and the Border Force are there to examine entry documents for those entering legally by legal methods. None of these require being armed as they are essentially a peaceful operations with the occasional ruckus down at Dover with would be fag smugglers. The Drugs that can be found are normally inert and don't shoot.
Mind these days with the police armed to the teeth looking for all the world like lerts is a far cry from the Police I left in 75 which gave you a Notebook pen, truncheon, whistle and a small two tone blue WT set up for defective constables is sadly long gone.
Interestingly I noted you can date some of the older detective series by the fact that Police were using both Jam sandwiches and Euro cop livery.

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
yes, just be careful what you wish for. I never wanted to carry arms as a Customs officer because in theory others would be doing their job properly. The Fact the French can't/won't do their job properly is half the problem, and they are armed. Our coast guard is there to protect seafarers, not repel borders and the Border Force are there to examine entry documents for those entering legally by legal methods. None of these require being armed as they are essentially a peaceful operations with the occasional ruckus down at Dover with would be fag smugglers. The Drugs that can be found are normally inert and don't shoot.
Mind these days with the police armed to the teeth looking for all the world like lerts is a far cry from the Police I left in 75 which gave you a Notebook pen, truncheon, whistle and a small two tone blue WT set up for defective constables is sadly long gone.
Interestingly I noted you can date some of the older detective series by the fact that Police were using both Jam sandwiches and Euro cop livery.
Not looking to argue with you in any way . You've done the job and I haven't . However I would like to see our borders secured to stop these illegal immigrants flooding in .

I don't know what the answer is , all I know is we as an island are desperately overcrowded and we can't afford to take in these numbers .

However I would like to see our borders secured to stop these illegal immigrants flooding in .
The oft repeated mantra is that enforcement needs manpower. The problem is it's a short term issue and noone is going to raise extra staff for a temporary issue, unless the need arises. That's the same in the Services. However they do say revenge is best served cold and there may be many a do gooder who might wind up in court in future for their actions in circumventing the Laws. Another dictum has to do with intentions and paving, another with unintended consequences. These will all come home to roost.
I noted La Abbott was asking a UN representative about the issue and the latter stated that those who land here do not have automatic right of asylum just because they've landed. I also noted that Abbott did not ask the UN representative about the lack of UNHCR care in these originating countries and the latter was also keen to avoid the issue. Now in terms of Aid one can link this with the provision of Water, sanitation, medical facilities, which are a fat lot of use sat over there when the users are not there to use them.

syrup

LE
Not looking to argue with you in any way . You've done the job and I haven't . However I would like to see our borders secured to stop these illegal immigrants flooding in .

I don't know what the answer is , all I know is we as an island are desperately overcrowded and we can't afford to take in these numbers .

We've taken a step in the right direction with the camps
By revealing the roads aren't paved with gold a few will be put off

Dream on!

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
There have been a couple already in the camps expressing the wish to return back across the channel .... More camps needed , get them out the hotels .

bestri10

Old-Salt
all the time they are getting free shelter, free food, free drinks, free money, free clothes, free phones and so on they will continue to come and i doubt they will be held in the camps forever if they are not deported then one day they will be let free to roam the UK. honestly we should put them all back in their little boats and push them back out into the channel

The oft repeated mantra is that enforcement needs manpower. The problem is it's a short term issue and noone is going to raise extra staff for a temporary issue, unless the need arises.

Well, I would posit that as it goes back to Sangatte in the late 80's, if not before. Then we can bin any notion that it is a short term problem.

And if others are to be believed, it is a problem that is only going to intensify due to rising populations and issues caused by climate change.

Well, I would posit that as it goes back to Sangatte in the late 80's, if not before. Then we can bin any notion that it is a short term problem.

And if others are to be believed, it is a problem that is only going to intensify due to rising populations and issues caused by climate change.
sangatte was never our problem except in fobbing the migrants on to us was the cheaper option. The French never came to grips with migration issues because of Schengen and palmed it off on the prefectures. At that point it really wasn’t more serious than a Large Traveller site. It could be argued that tunnel fuelled ambitions. Partly that’s why juxtaposed controlled happened. We tended to be far more aware of the Bosnia issue In the mid nineties. The French call for the British to accept all those wanting to come here was really the trigger, even though it was at odds with the EU rules on movement, gives the lie.

sangatte was never our problem

If there was illegals arriving in the UK from Sangatte, then it was a UK problem.

The French never came to grips with migration issues because of Schengen and palmed it off on the prefectures.

Illegals are nothing to do with Schengen

EU rules on movement,

EU rules on movement ( Free movement ) also does not apply to illegals.

Although the gist of my post was to highlight the length of time this has been going on and it is not a short term issue.

The oft repeated mantra is that enforcement needs manpower. The problem is it's a short term issue and noone is going to raise extra staff for a temporary issue, unless the need arises. That's the same in the Services. However they do say revenge is best served cold and there may be many a do gooder who might wind up in court in future for their actions in circumventing the Laws. Another dictum has to do with intentions and paving, another with unintended consequences. These will all come home to roost.
I noted La Abbott was asking a UN representative about the issue and the latter stated that those who land here do not have automatic right of asylum just because they've landed. I also noted that Abbott did not ask the UN representative about the lack of UNHCR care in these originating countries and the latter was also keen to avoid the issue. Now in terms of Aid one can link this with the provision of Water, sanitation, medical facilities, which are a fat lot of use sat over there when the users are not there to use them.
Unfortunately, I do NOT agree with this assertion . . . :( .

"The problem is it's a short term issue . . . ".

Sangatte was never our problem except in fobbing the migrants on to us was the cheaper option. The French never came to grips with migration issues because of Schengen and palmed it off on the prefectures. At that point it really wasn’t more serious than a Large Traveller site. It could be argued that tunnel fuelled ambitions. Partly that’s why juxtaposed controlled happened. We tended to be far more aware of the Bosnia issue In the mid nineties. The French call for the British to accept all those wanting to come here was really the trigger, even though it was at odds with the EU rules on movement, gives the lie.
I despair . . . I REALLY do . . . :( !!

If there was illegals arriving in the UK from Sangatte, then it was a UK problem.

EU rules on movement ( Free movement ) also does not apply to illegals.

Although the gist of my post was to highlight the length of time this has been going on and it is not a short term issue.
It only became our problem when we got them. Otherwise it was a French Problem and go back a few years that's exactly what I've always said.
Er actually they are. Schengen is to do with movement of people and each MS has it's own interpretation of when it will allow Asylum. If Asylum is not Granted and the person is not deported from the EU M/S that person becomes an illegal who has passed/bypassed Schengen controls and that is a failure of Schengen. The EU never had the means to sort the Problem is the point because the MS included in it never did. There is no escaping that point, it's fundamental. Lisbon and the EU directorate for immigration never grasped that nettle post 2008. I kept hammering on about Harmonisation, that's what I meant.

Of course Free movement does not apply to illegals, one has to LEGALLY in the EU to qualify but that doesn't mean that the EU MSs have a handle on it. Just because you're given a document to quit that country doesn't mean they will leave leave the EU...... Not Unless they are physically evicted- that's the point of enforcement. FGS

As usual most problems can be solved with hundreds of industrial wood chippers.

If we shred the boats they won't be able to cross the channel. Obviously.

Latest Threads